CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 9 - Art Poll 5

Which design?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its sort of tough for a quadroped to punch something, but whatever. Its tail can be a fist if it wants or something!

This is going to be one of those close polls, I'd do an IP check just to make sure all of these votes are legit.

Calad had the best representation of steel and ghost out of the final three. EoE looks too ghost and Doug looks too steel. I'm voting for EoE because it has enough steel to be considered part-way steel, while doug has nothing that even looks ghost (or like it would be immune to fighting -- IIRC that seems like an important part of this pokemon) short of a skull. Both pokemon lack a way to convey facial expressions, which kinda stinks. They both, however, look like scouts bonk bonk bonk.

It's close but EoE has my vote. It's really the lesser of the two evils at this point now that calad and cyzir are gone.

I've been around since CAP2, I know doug has done just about everything around here, but an art contest that is judged by anything other than the art on display is silly. If I'm to judge the final two of anything, I'm not going to ask which creator did more for the greater good of mankind -- I let the final entries stand by themselves. If you bring politics into all of this it will over-complicate things in a direction away from the art. This is still an art poll.
You make a good point and I agree.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Both designs are great and both artists should applaud their efforts to reach this plateau.

Neither design looks terribly difficult to sprite so no disagreements from me here. In the end, I just find Doug's more suited to what we are trying to achieve.

Congrats to all though.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted for DougJustDoug, not because EoE's is bad, just because I like the concept of DJD's better (although not so much the art itself, it's the concept I vote for, not the art).

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It appears I made the vote 50 / 50 for DJD now.

Good luck to both of you, well done etc etc.

I happen to prefer Doug's color scheme and the fact the bolts remind me of "steel" so it seems more fitting for a ghost / steel. I also guess the imagery of a skeleton better fits for me as a ghost. Yours is still quite good elergy, although the spriters will have quite the challenge if you win since yours seems a bit more difficult to sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)