CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10a - Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the name Ohmryu, but I don't think it really flows off the tongue. My name suggestion also uses the 'ohm,' however.

Ohmega

Obviously, 'ohm' is in there to denote electricity. The Greek symbol, omega, is used in physics as the symbol for the ohm. And on top of that, 'omega' and 'mega' also denote power, which a dragon should have.

wow i hate this i was gonna submit raivern but i havent been on the comp and i was too slow!!! Oh well ill have to say something like um

Zilohm (Zilant (tatar dragon) + ohm (resistant bulky etc)

Well, according to other dragons' names in the game, i think we should stick to the norm for this guy's name...
So, i propose Voltagon.
I'm unsure if the name was posted before because it's really simple, but if not then here it is.

I propose Magnir (Magnetism + Fafnir, pronounced Mag-neer)
It's simple, easy to pronounce and conveys the idea of an electric dragon. In addition, the two words fit together perfectly.
It also lends itself well for clever suffixes. Specsnir anyone? As well, Fafnir is from Norse mythology, so it suits Cartoons' viking-esque design if it wins.

Raivern is cool too.

So, is this a submission or a discussion topic? Will there be a submission topic later?

Anyways, although I'm not entirely giving up on Ryo-Savart, I think the following would be better if a big/scary design wins.

Terrorwatt

Terror+Terawatt

Terror is obvious. Tera is the SI prefix meaning "trillion". Watt is the SI unit of power, which usually comes up in electrical contexts in the US. 1 Terawatt also just happens to be the peak power of the average lightning bolt.

Note that other units, such as Terrorvolt or Terrorbite, would also work. That last one would work particularly well with zanctimonious's appliance dragon.

It is boring, but I think I'll post Drakepi for discussion.

Dra is obviously from Dragon or Draco(a name meaning serpent or dragon). And Kepi is an Egyptian name meaing tempest. This would make Drakepi the "Tempest Dragon". It isn't exactly the most oriented to electric(though Tempest is by definition a violent storm, which would most likely involve lignting and/or thunder) nor does it contain too many dragon mentions at first glance.

@ ShunWolfKin: The tempest idea is really cool, I'm not so sure about drakepi, but maybe you could come up with some more based around "tempest"?

Dragohm

Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue. Nothing fancy neither so the plebs can get it. Combination of Dragon and Ohm, a unit of electrical resistance.

Pronounced "Dray Gome"
I was going to suggest "Dracohm" but then I saw this post. Something in that vein, I suppose.

@ ShunWolfKin: The tempest idea is really cool, I'm not so sure about drakepi, but maybe you could come up with some more based around "tempest"?
Heh, perhaps. I'll admit forthright that I am just biased towards Kepi(I just like that name for some odd reason, probably because I have a fictional dragon I call Adakepi(noble/happy tempest(your guess as to 'why' it is happy)).

Another silly one would be Drakepigon(kepi wrapped inside of dragon). Dracest would be another weird combo. Or just Temper. Could be Tempest and Thunder combined. Or could be a reference to Tempering(which can be used to 'Toughen up') or even a reference to being easily angered. I dunno. Go with it however.

Let's discuss the name for CAP 8, not act of naming Pokemon in general. That topic has been done to death.

Drachurrik

Drac=Draco
Whatever that meens.

Hurrik=Hurricane
Strong tropical storm.

More fitting for a Flying/Dragon I suppose. I still like it.
Also considered Drakacane and Votagoon

Suggestions?

Dricity

A simple combination of Dragon and Electricty. Easily flows off the tongue and gives a feeling of power in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)