CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 5c - Secondary Ability Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
No secondary ability

As others said, if we want to base a Pokémon around an ability, it would help us a lot if we do not mess up things choosing 2 abilities.

It seems to me that most people bitching for NSA arbitrarily cutting extra options, have somehow forgotten that we have a concept to follow, not simply a Pokémon to make more and more gorgeous adding things like it were a Christmas tree. The concept revolves around making a Pokémon which can put to use a neglected ability to its fullest. How can this aim be pursued better by adding another ability. I simply can't understand.

Argh, I sure as heck hope that when the scores are figured out, it will be noted that there are at least a significant number of people who want some kind of alternate ability, even if they can't agree on what it is. It would suck for No Secondary Ability to win just because people want to limit the scope of this project unnecessarily.
I agree with this as a second ability will make this poke more unpredictable even though it is not as useful as the first. Yanmega, Gliscor and Machamp are good examples of pokemons having a good primary ability while having useful second abilities.

How many times have you had your Guts Machamp being WoWed? ;)

hustle

this thing potentially has access to some great STAB physical moves, as well as some really big power physical moves to go with them.

this would be a gimmick set, so it wouldn't detract from shield dust as an ability, and it would give some fun stuff to play with.

HUSTLE for the win

Marvel Scale.

It gels nicely with Shield Dust. If you run Shield dust you will avoid all hax, whereas if you run Marvel scale you will instead benefit from the occasional hax, barring flinx. Also, opponents won't know if it's safe to use Direct Status Moves like T-wave on CAP 8 or not if it has Shield Dust and Marvel scale.

Rough Skin

I don't think Thick Fat should even be an option, simply because it isn't neglected! Whoever voted for Thick Fat, what were you thinking?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Neno
Originally Posted by Fat Darkflagrance
Argh, I sure as heck hope that when the scores are figured out, it will be noted that there are at least a significant number of people who want some kind of alternate ability, even if they can't agree on what it is. It would suck for No Secondary Ability to win just because people want to limit the scope of this project unnecessarily.
I agree with this as a second ability will make this poke more unpredictable even though it is not as useful as the first. Yanmega, Gliscor and Machamp are good examples of pokemons having a good primary ability while having useful second abilities.

How many times have you had your Guts Machamp being WoWed? ;)
This is a really good point. Of course NSA is going to win this poll because the various abilities that people want will split the "wanting a second ability" vote. So far, there are 80 votes for some kind of a secondary ability and 59 for no ability. If this poll continues as is, the minority opinion will win out simply because it only has one option to choose from. Is there a way to vote on wanting a secondary ability or not? That seems to be the fairest way to do this, IMO.

It's not just the fact that I don't see another ability I want on this CaP, but we're also utilizing a neglected ability, right? Well... we've done that. Having a second one just isn't necessary, IMO. Therefore, my vote goes to No Secondary Ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)