Cartoons!
CyzirVisheen
DougJustDoug
KoA
Blu
Wyverii
Atyroki
Regi DS

The standard's been so high, I honestly don't mind which design wins.

Ezekiel Romano

Hopefully this design will make the cut. It is very original and I will look forward to see a computer made version.

Fuzznip
VelvetEvoker
Atyroki
Sanglunaria
Gooey Kablooie
DougJustDoug
ixfalia
CyzirVisheen
Buffalo_Wings

I wish I could narrow it down further, but I loved them all.

Cartoons!
Atyroki
Zantimonius
CyzirVisheen

Not to say that the others aren't great, no on the contrary, the sheer amount of awesomeness surprises me every time. However, these are the ones that jump out, IMO.

Cartoons! For just being brilliant and having a lot of character to it. Something that makes a work of art feel much more alive. As well as a daring trip to another less-explored side of the dragon, with excellent results.

Atyroki and CyzirVisheen have done excellent work also, with daring and different designs. While Atyroki went for a body-structure similar to that of Tropius and Meganium, something completely valid in the pokémon world, he still managed to make his design of CAP8 stand out. Cyzir's three-headed cloud... It's just brilliant and I am glad the artist has listened to the suggestions. The large body/cloud itself represents the bulk better than any other IMO. Although, truth to be told, that doesn't say much because a lot of designs do this really well.

Zantimonius... That's just brilliant. All I can give you. Maybe it looks a little mechanical, maybe the perspective is a bit hard to sprite from, but that design is undeniably brilliant. Outright brilliant.

Also I'm biased against stereotypical dragons.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
chomzloh - Rather sweet, and certainly looks the part.
Regi DS - Pure awesomeness. Or something.
Buffalo_Wings - A bit spiky for me, but...
DougJustDoug - My favourite here, though it doesn't really look bulky enough.
bugmaniacbbob - ...

Cartoons!
VelvetEvoker
Wyverii
pkmn-taicho321
CyzirVisheen

Those five are the ones I think suit this pokemon best. Cartoons' has always been my favourite though.

KoA
Regi DS
Yilx
Cartoons!
Keishinkae
Zantimonius

I wanted to vote for a few more, there were a lot of very great entries.

Yilx
Cartoons!
TheMutant
Atyroki
pkmn-taicho321
CyzirVisheen
Zantimonious
chomzloh
Ezekiel Romano
Buffalo_Wings

But tbh I don't care too much who wins. They're all fantastic designs and each and every one of them would be a joy to sprite. There's definitely some serious competition this time around.

I like almost all of them, but I'll just vote for my absolute favourites and the ones that I think should be a head above the others in the polls:

Atyroki
CyzirVisheen
Zantimonius

I also like all of the big RRRRRR I'M GOING TO HURT YOU dragons a lot, but I prefer originality when I'm voting for art and I think these three have it.

Regi DS -This one probably looks more like a typical dragon, yet the sense of Electric comes through very clean.

Yilx-Again, the Dragon is a lot easier to see than in other drawings, and I just love it's swagger.

Zantimonius -IMO the most original, probably cliche, i know. This seems like a Pokemon that I would love, if I saw it in-game.

CyzirVisheen-My favorite. I has a very balanced Dragon/Electic feel, and I don't feel like there's any unneccisary added lightning bolts like I'm seeing in a lot of drawings. It looks pretty bulky, but capable of dealing a hit, which our Stat Spreads are suggesting. It's also not one of those, rip-off-your-face-eat-your-village dragons, more like one that lives on the top of the mountain that you go to to seek guidance. If you can't tell, I really love this one.

Good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)