CAP Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I don't know if this fits in one of those Policy threads and last time I posted in one (a month ago) I got an infraction so I hope this goes over better.

Anyways, I've had an idea in my head for a bit about the CAP process.

The inspiration for this idea came from a late night chill on the CAP server where people were tossing ideas out and others would hem and haw and comment but it was unorganized and messy, especially with the jokers online.

So, my proposal is to have a "Workshop" thread where people can work on concepts, bounce ideas around and polish their ideas independantly of any CAP project.

What this would do is:

1) Aide Brainstorming/Collaboration.

Say someone can't come up with a solid concept but reads the workshop thread and sees an idea and gets inspired to make a great concept. Or maybe someone has a "good" concept but it could be refined into a "great" concept. Sometimes it's hard to think of niches to explore in something as complex as the OU metagame so being able to see other ideas in development and get feedback could inspire people to look in a new place for a niche or fine tune a niche they've already found. This can already happen in the concept submission thread, to a degree, but sometimes a person may need more time to get it just right and you can't really develop ideas in the submission thread.

2) Let someone know if their idea is good/bad BEFORE they submit

This is important, I feel, since you don't really know if your idea is good or bad until you submit it for the community to judge (obviously a submitted idea would be considered good by the poster, even if it is not). This would help reduce bad concepts or silly ideas from the formal thread. This would also help people like me who have a list of concepts worked out and can only submit one so I would like to know which is the "best" before submitting or which is one worth focusing on and which to discard.

Let me know what you all think!

Cheers.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Try the mainchat on the CAP Server and or #cap on IRC. There are people who are completely willing to help you there!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You need to get PR threads approved by a CAP mod / Doug / darkie.

Also yeah, #cap or server chat is the best place for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)