CAP34 - Part 12 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Kishapex

An abbreviation of Kikansha (Japanese term for locomotive) + Apex (the strongest, highest point; or apex predator)

Pronounced: "KEY-sha-pex”

Last edited:
Final Submission

Longineer

From "long", referring to both Chinese dragons and the length of this design, and "engineer", as in a train conductor.

Pronounced: LON-jin-EER

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

Chokestack

Choke (To have difficulty breathing from a constricted throat) + Smokestack (Locomotive funnel)

Pronounced: CHOKE-stack

Not much in the way of dragon puns. If someone else claimed this without me knowing let me know. I like how "choke" from a blocked throat is why the train needs it sprayed!

Final Submission

Leviatram

From Leviathan and Tram.

Pronounced: luh-vy-uh-tram
IPA: ɫəˈvaɪəˈtɹæm

Leviathan is because it's a large serpent just like the serpent that the word comes from but also because of its meaning of "big strong monstrous" thing, then Tram because train. Additionally for a bit of train history there was a Steam Locomotive named Leviathan which was used in the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Tempethere

Temper (Some cartoons depict anger with smoke coming out) + Tempo (means both speed and a type of cargo vehicle) + Amphithere (a type of dragon)

Pronounced: TEM-pe-thehr

Final Submission

Condractor

"Conductor" (train operator) + "dragon" + "track" (train track)

Pronounced: "Con-dra-k-tor"
IPA: kən-dræk′tər

Final Submission

Chuggaryuryu

A combination of "Ryu" + train onomatopoeia "Chugga-Chugga-Choo-Choo".

Pronounced: "Chugga-ROO-ROO"

I am late to the chugga-adjacent name party, but I wanted to toss in one that lets you do the whole phrase. Is pronouncing ryu as roo a little cheating? Sure, but it’s too fun to pass. Rock the whole double emphasis! Chugga-chugga-RYU-RYU!

Final Submission

Steamalong

Pronounced : "STEEM-UH-LONG."

It is a combination of steam a Long (the word used to refer to eastern dragons in China).
It also sounds like "steam along" in allusion to it being a train. The prefix "along" also sounds like "all" as in all board and "steam-a" sounds full steam ahead.
Basically for a simple combination it feels like a large combination of various terms used to allude to steam engines as well as the eastern dragon.

WIP
(1/3)
Smoglev
Smog + Maglev
Pretty straightforward, smog for the smoke, Maglev as in the train. Will add pronunciation if I decide to submit this, but it's pronounced the way it looks.
(2/3)
Engite
Engine + Ignite/Excite
No draconic references here, but it could work from the train angle. Again, pronunciation if I submit.

WIP

Smogstack

Trains have smokestacks, referencing poison type and its design, and CAP34's built around stacking stats from Throat Spray and potentially Clangorous Soul.

Pronounced: Smog-stack

IPA: smɒɡ stæk

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Final Submission

Konvoyage

"Drakon" + "Convoy" + "Voyage" + "bon voyage".

Pronounced: "KAHN-voy-ahj"

Drakons are a form of eastern dragon that are more serpentine and associated with acid/poison. Convoys are groups of ships/cars (to bring reference to the long segmented nature of CAP 34) that travel against one another, and is often in reference to trains. Voyages are long treks which this fella takes, plus it plays into convoy to sound like "bon voyage", a common saying even beyond its origin country.

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Final Submission

Talgón

"Talgo" (a type of train in Spain) + "Dragón" (Dragon in Spanish)

Pronounced: "tahl-GOHN"

IPA: [talˈɣon]

Talgo is the name of a type train used in Spain (Paldea) and Dragón because Spanish :)

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Final Submission

Toxikura

It combines "toxic" with "kura," which means dragon in Japanese. This name reflects both its poison type and its dragon-like appearance inspired by Japanese culture.

Pronounced: "TOX-ee-KOO-rah

Final Submissions

Smoglev

Comes from the words Smog and Maglev. Smog referring to its poison typing and the smoke that it spews, and Maglev as in the train.

smɒ-glev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)