Tournament CAPCL III - Semifinals

CAPCL III - Semifinals
IMG_2522.png

thanks Kiwi for amazing art

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Replays & Stat Usage<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Commencement<<

:blaziken: Brooklyn Blazikens (4) vs (4) Nefarious Nohfaces :Nohface:
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Suzuya
SV CAP: Sificon vs Fc
SV CAP: Piyush25 vs pichus
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs temp
ORAS CAP: LBN vs Lostmemories
BW CAP: Waldinji vs tier
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Binacle Pinnacle
CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs byulharang

Brooklyn Blazikens (0) vs (0) Nefarious Nohfaces

The deadline for this round is Sunday, February 25th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Brooklyn Blazikens (4) vs (4) Nefarious Nohfaces
DPP CAP:Ainzcrad vs Binacle Pinnacle

All my goats are winning then they’re going into tiebreak

Semis

Brooklyn Blazikens (3) vs (4) Nefarious Nohfaces
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Suzuya - I don't like the name change so Im going Raj.
SV CAP: Sificon vs Fc - Fc managed to pull up the most clutch comeback I seen on the game, also taking sificon out of mono is gigawack.
SV CAP: Piyush25 vs pichus - Reeeally hard to say. Piyush going as hard as he is going as manager is insane, while pichus has shown to be the best buy of the entire tournament, could go either way.
SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs temp - Temp broke his bad streak but unless sylveon relapses into stall i don't see him winning this matchup.
ORAS CAP: LBN vs Lostmemories - both have similar records so going with the one that bolds nohfaces.
BW CAP: Waldinji vs tier - Gut feeling says tier due to their better record.
DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Binacle Pinnacle - ThemoldistakingoverThemoldistakingoverThemoldistakingoverThemoldistakingoverThemoldistakingover
CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs byulharang - Byul vs Crashy last week was a throwfest so im going with Ashbala.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Brooklyn Blazikens (5) vs (3) Nefarious Nohfaces
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Suzuya- probably the match I've had the hardest time calling of the whole suite. This is mostly just my bias towards Raj showing tbh, I think this is a total highlight with the builds both players have been loading.

SV CAP: Sificon vs Fc- Fc's been on a tear the last few weeks, and I'm a bit surprised to see a swap into SV for Sifi. Sifi can definitely pull an upset here, but I think it's very hard to bet against a player like Fc, especially on a hot streak

SV CAP: Piyush25 vs pichus- pichus has impressed me a lot this season, and I like a lot of their builds; however, I can say the same just moreso about Piyush.

SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind vs temp- great season from Sylveon, hemogoblin wins even before its invention

ORAS CAP: LBN vs Lostmemories- a lot of this may genuinely come down to how much the grease is popping for LBN. If he doesn't outsmart himself I have a lot of faith

BW CAP: Waldinji vs tier- Wald's no pushover but I think tier is a step or two ahead comfortably

DPP CAP: Ainzcrad vs Binacle Pinnacle- runback from earlier in the season if I remember correctly; still think Binpin's made some curious decisions and Ainz is a good player to punish a lot of those.

CAP Monotype: Ashbala vs byulharang- only know one of these players particularly decently, think whatever happens it's going to be hilarious knowing the last few from byulharang

really fun series to watch, lot of really good games on the suite. Looking forward to the SV suite the most.

D2TheW

Amadán
The predicts this tour have been fucking weak so I'm here to change that. Anyone who posts predicts without explanations should be infracted, we simply do not give a shit pal. Anyways, time to liven shit up by insulting everyone, this tour has been too quiet since concept everything called someone scum for literally no reason.

SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot (64) vs (36) Suzuya
This will be the first (but absolutely not the last) instance of Shit Name Tax in these predicts. Inder wasn't great but I'm gonna forget Suzuya by the time I finish this post. Raj is 3-2, 3-1 in sv and has been pretty solid, genericanimename is 2-3 and has generally played like a crackhead which I respect, but that loss to pyroak was dire. 64-36 might be harsh but the name is too shit for me to give a fairer assessment.

SV CAP: Sificon (48) vs (52) Fc
Sificon has been shunted into SV to try as the Blazikens are trying to use line-up switcheroos to get around the fact that Exotic had a dire tour (no disrespect it happens to the best of us) and they didn't draft any real replacements. Fair fucks to yis lads, I've done the same myself. FC meanwhile has gone from 0-3 in swsh to 2-0 in SV where he seems far more comfortable. All this is to say that this matchup is a clusterfuck but it's definitely one of the most interesting games here (low bar). Sifi is solid (only cool people win cap seasonals) but coming into this slot cold is rough so I'm backing FC to stay on his upward swing.

SV CAP: Piyush25 (51) vs (49) pichus
Now this is the most interesting matchup thus week. Both these players are 4-1 and both have been broadly pretty good. Piyush has also done his best to add some interest to the tour by slagging off Darek for no apparent reason, which was bizarre but at least it was interesting. Ultimately I'm giving piyush the edge because his games have been slightly more impressive. Pichus had a pretty excellent matchup against Fragments, faced basically no resistance from Ama and beat Sciz by clicking bulk up with a tusk on turn 4. That's not a knock against Pichus, bro can only beat what's in front of em and their win last week was basically flawless but Piyush has an equal record vs a stronger field so he's getting the bold. Looking forward to this one though, should be a banger.

SS CAP: Sylveon used calm mind (70) vs (30) temp
Temp (and nohfaces swsh slot as a whole) has been, frankly, shite. He's had some poor luck in his 4 losses but he was pretty fortunate in his 1 win so overall its been a bit of a mess. This would be 80-20 but temps opponent, who I shall call Stewart, because they desperately need a nickname, is getting a heavy Shit Name Tax. Please change this shit already, it hurts my eyes. Stewie has 3 wins in swsh, loading the same shit in all of them because nobody in this community cteams for reasons I will never understand. Stew also has 1 loss in swsh because of a faustian bargain that states that he can play in spl if he loads wailord every time he plays a cap teamtour. Stewart will load the same shit yet again and temp will load a 40-60 matchup for no reason and lose

ORAS CAP: LBN (44) vs (56) Lostmemories
Both these guys are 3-2 and everyone in the oras pool should quit mons for allowing that to happen, especially gorex. Lost memories has played like a competent human that occasionally loses his goddamn mind out of nowhere and then carries on like nothing happened. I do the same though so I have faith in him. LBN aka "Loads Bullshit Neverendingly" has done exactly that and is somehow surprised that this has once again not led him to a 5-0 record. My take is that LBN will get in his own head because Mr Dose haxed him last time and lose the game entirely on his own, either in the builder or on the field. Hope he doesn't but this should be funny either way.

BW CAP: Waldinji (39) vs (61) tier
Waldinji has been decent for a debut tour but unfortunately they will also be getting the Shit Name Tax, this was created by combining a keyboard with a forehead wasn't it? Tier has lost some games that he probably shouldn't have but it's still hard to bet against him against a relative newcomer. Still, Waldo has been solid and if they rolls a good mu and avoid a coppa ban I can see them taking this.

DPP CAP: Ainzcrad (53) vs (47) Binacle Pinnacle
DPP is a coinflip but binpin thinks steel resists fire so ainz just needs to load moltres and he'll win. Binpin has managed to play like a human being for the most part but he's still having moments of pure insanity and ainz seemed to count on that last time they played. If he can restrain himself he can win but ainz is the steadier player and ultimately this tier is a crapshoot so I'm going with my gut. Will not be tuning in to this one, I'd literally rather shit steel wool.

CAP Monotype: Ashbala (62) vs (38) byulharang
Yet another instance of Shit Name Tax! Inders name change was bad but this is somehow worse, Holy Ghost was fine why would you do this. Boomerang has also played like they sniff glue as a pre game warmup but Ashbala hasn't played enough to have a solid idea of where they're at. My hot take is whoever loads the better type matchup will manage to lose this, but if its pretty even than Ashballs will win.

Rooting for SHSP hair to grow back and this tour to get cancelled, good luck everyone.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Not giving explanations to trigger D2

Not surprised by Blazikens picking mono, but not going BinPin for tiebreaker already makes me not root for nohfaces.
:blaziken: Brooklyn Blazikens (3) vs (0) Nefarious Nohfaces :Nohface:
SV CAP: RaJ.Shoot vs Fc - Genuinely no other reason other than i feel nohfaces might get 3-0'd.
BW CAP: Piyush25 vs tier - at this point its pretty clear Piyush is the best player of the tournament, so even though this isn't his tier of choice I can see him winning easily.
CAP Monotype: Sificon vs byulharang - Going for the guy who had a pretty great performance in mono + showed up the most insane hax of the tournament the one time they took him out of his preferred tier.

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
THE CAP ROUNDTABLE
denzel: So they made it to playoffs, eh ?
drew: shockingly so..
jake: worry not, we will do everything we can with our RNG MANIPULTORS to stop them in their damned place.
denzel: EXCELLENT !
jake: we shall do our part, its up to those Blazikens to stop the mold from spreading to CAP REALM permanently.

meanwhile in the nohfaces secret hideout
fc,pichus, tieracid lay in the infirmary after their devasting losses.
Suzuya: DAMNIT ! We had them right where we wanted them !
Spell: no.....this is the worst outcome possible..
Icemaster cannot help but chuckle
Fc murmurs out our fate
"They picked monotype"
Nohfaces all stand shocked with wide open mouths in silence.
So I guess im the man for the job, huh ?
Everyone turns around in disbelief to see HOLY GHOST standing menacingly in the shadows of the room
Temp: So the hero finally decided to arrive.
Holy Ghost: I got one more in me. Lets put these blazikens FOOLISH AMBITIONS TO REST
Binpin: These moldy bastards dont believe in me apparently. So be it, let this damned team rot.
Lost: Our fate rests in your hands, Holy Ghost.
Strap: Dont worry, ill be lending you a hand.

THIS POST WAS NOT CREATED BY ME

Last edited:

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
THE CAP ROUNDTABLE
quizel: So they made it to playoffs, eh ?
spoo: shockingly so..
snake: worry not, we will do everything we can with our RNG MANIPULTORS to stop them in their damned place.
quizel: EXCELLENT !
snake: we shall do our part, its up to those Blazikens to stop the mold from spreading to CAP REALM permanently.

meanwhile in the nohfaces secret hideout
fc,pichus, tieracid lay in the infirmary after their devasting losses.
Suzuya: DAMNIT ! We had them right where we wanted them !
Spell: no.....this is the worst outcome possible..
Icemaster cannot help but chuckle
Fc murmurs out our fate
"They picked monotype"
Nohfaces all stand shocked with wide open mouths in silence.
So I guess im the man for the job, huh ?
Everyone turns around in disbelief to see HOLY GHOST standing menacingly in the shadows of the room
Temp: So the hero finally decided to arrive.
Holy Ghost: I got one more in me. Lets put these blazikens FOOLISH AMBITIONS TO REST
Binpin: These moldy bastards dont believe in me apparently. So be it, let this damned team rot.
Lost: Our fate rests in your hands, Holy Ghost.
Strap: Dont worry, ill be lending you a hand.

THIS POST WAS NOT CREATED BY ME
THE CAP ROUNDTABLE:
An emergency meeting has been called. It appears the "NOHFACES" made the semifinals tiebreaker
quziel: so they survived the playoffs week, eh ? the absence of egalvanc wasn't enough to stop them ?
spoo: The situation has gone from bad worse. If they deploy BINACLEPINNACLE, the tiebreaker is as good as 1-0 from the get-go.
quziel: FCK !! maybe we should just forum ban Binacle Pinnacle and get it over wi-
snake: Idiots.... Do you not think we've already foreseen and dealt with this possibility ?
spoo: What do you mean ?
snake: We've gone ahead and assassinated Fc and replaced him with an imposter. They're completely clueless. "Fc" will submit the weakest Tiebreaker Lineup possible, and select the "BLAZIKENS" strongest format. I can assure you the "NOHFACES" will not make finals.
spoo and quziel: EXCELLENT !!
Holy Ghost bursts from the shadows leaving a patch of mold behind on the wall
Holy Ghost: YOU MONSTERS !! Why are you doing this ? Who gave you these orders ? Hemogoblin ? The OU Council ? Smogon Senior Staff ?!
spoo and quziel are surprised at the appearance of The Moldy One; but snake simply chuckles
snake: No. These orders came from even higher up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)