CaPmon Sprite Revamping

Well, Tomohawk already has a moving sprite implemented on PS!, though you're welcome to try and improve on it! What it really needs is a backsprite matching that front sprite. Although, to be honest, if you can make this animation of the same quality as the one on-site already, then I'd much prefer the fidgety, quickstepping Tomohawk to the foot stomping one.

Anyways, a wild Necturna Backsprite appeared!

As you might be able to tell, I removed the dress' eye blinking bit, plus a couple more frames to make the animation much smoother and shorter overall.

Here's the front bit (might be slightly out of sync depending on how fast your computer loads the images):

Now, for the shiny... I'm feeling really lazy right now :/

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Refined some more stuff; small bits and such, but also that the back sprites are slightly less bouncy. Along with the backsprites is that they're cleaner than the front ones. That may not be a good thing. I had to recolor 67 individual frames, but at least I only needed to change six colors.

Edited the animations so that they loop at the same rate, at Wyverii's request. They are now both 68 frames long.

I don't really want to adjust too much now. Spent too long these few days on this. XD

ThePhalanx: Yes, I did.

Wow, did you really recolor each frame individually? props to you Quan, props to you.
I'm feeling extremely lazy right now, but I might do mine later, if I find some motivation :)

EDIT: Okay, I found enough motivation to do the front shiny sprite. Took a while though >_>. I'll do the back tomorrow (should be easier).

EDIT2: Apologies for no backsprite today, real life caught up with me. Definitely expect it sometime this week though. Oh, and 100 posts! Woo!

If nobody else is going to make a full set for Nohface or Collosshale, I'd be happy to take a crack at those two.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
If nobody else is going to make a full set for Nohface or Collosshale, I'd be happy to take a crack at those two.
It would likely be in your better interest to hold off until we bring those 2 Pokemon up for revamping in their own Prevolution steps (Much as we have done with Syclant, Embirch and Flarelm). Collosshale *may* go through some whole sale changes and I wouldn't want all your lovely work to go to waste.

In the mean time, keep an eye out for the Sprite Submissions for the Malaconda prevo which is currently being decided on!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I had a few free hours yesterday, so I ended up making a draft of Tomohawk's backsprite animation. I then discovered that Tomohawk does not have good-quality front sprite animations, so I sharpened those as well.
-->
-->
(Darn colors!)
It's missing a blink, but hey, so does my back sprite animation :P
--

Thank you so much, Zracknel, for helping with recoloring the animated sprites! :) All of the sprites are ready for implementation.

Edit: Typhlito has further helped getting the animation's colors correct (because my computer is not good with colors). I've also been making edits to the back animation from persnickety-ness.

More to come!

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok CAP spriters there is more revamping to do.

I have no idea what policy will be with the icons, but the XY style is slightly different, I have a good number of them posted here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-icon-compendium.3491484/ I'll be putting more on site shortly

Veekun also has the complete Kalos set of XY sprites (courtesy of us). I plan to provide the entire set of XY icons to PS at the latest a week after Pokebank, after that it's up to Zarel to rework the sim to the new sprite sizes (he has claimed this will take a day or two).

Some notes:
-The size is now 40 x 32 pixels, but most don't go over 32 x 32. On average Megas and Aegislash-Blade, along with other large mons go a few pixels past 32.
-Don't use some of the PS icons for reference, I have actually modified a few of the taller ones as the current max height was 32 x 24. This will change after Pokebank, but use the ones posted in that project or the Kalos only mons on Veekun.
-Our capture cards don't have perfect colour catching (the black lines are sometimes slightly off), but that is impossible to tell so don't emulate that for your own sanity.

In my experience Wyverii has taken care of all minis, since she is on hiatus I'll let CAP community handle this as they always do.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Volkrarken icon and sprites are up already on PS.

I'm not going to add the past ones at the moment because PS is still using the DS 32 x 24 and some of the past CAP icons won't fit atm. When we update to actual XY icons they will be added in.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
Hey, all! As I created Jumbao's sprites on layers, I felt like cleaning them up and sharing them, instead of anyone manually dissecting the sprites for use in a sprite animation. I've attached a ZIP file to this post with the front and back sprites in a variety of file formats:
  • Flat PNGs with each layer in a 96x96 region
  • TIFF
  • Photoshop
  • Aseprite
If anyone makes an animation, I'd love to see them here!

Attachments

I animated Rebble's BW sprite. If you're wondering why I submitted the sprites in 4 images instead of 1, it's because it makes it easier to implement into Pokemon Showdown, since a 1-file submission would have to be split into 4 anyway.

This still is the sprite Wyverii submitted. I just animated the sprite. You're welcome, Wyverii.

Front:
rebble.gif
rebble_shiny.gif

Back:
rebble_back.gif
rebble_back_shiny.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)