is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
still mostly on board with

x3 SV
x1 SS
x1 SM
x1 ORAS
x1 BW
x1 DPP

Echoing Dex and Lasen about Bo3 slots; very rarely are they enjoyable in my experience (and most people I've talked to who have been in bo3 slots end up dreading gamedays by the end of the tour). BW has some serious detractors but I'm still finding it really hard to justify a cut after being in last PL as well as CLs in the past. Its somehow also the tier that I honestly feel the least strongly towards, though? Perhaps some of it is just my relative unfamiliarity of the meta (aka getting carried by TGA) but I can't really speak on the value of having it here compared to something like Mono, which I inherently am not a fan of.

DPP I really want to echo Spoo's post. I think if we really wanted to, we could find a new way to reason out DPP getting the axe every year, but I don't think the tier has great reasons to be excluded right now. Maybe I'm wrong and it becomes a total shitshow, but I trust we'll get value out of it.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Personally I find this tour to be ground for a "final exam" on DPP and to an extent BW: if these metas can't find signficant playerbase support due to disatisfaction with the tier, or devise a path forward to refine their metagame during and after CAPPL X to remedy this, it'd be a clear sign that some fundamental changes to their balance are in order.

We have seen sporadic DPP players come in for CAP in the past and a tournament with larger prizes should draw such players in again. It's not like DPP OU has sat dormant for the past years, I'm not expecting any legendary DPP players to sign up but surely there's a croud of newer talent willing to play extra games.

3 SV & 1 of every oldgen has been the frontrunning pick by a lot of people and I'm inclined to move forward with it. I do not think there's anything else which needs addressed, but I also don't want to work on sorting everything out on my phone so expect an actual closing post tomorrow.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Okay so here's the format:

Tiers: SV1 / SV2 / SV3 / SS / SM / ORAS / BW / DPP

Teams: 8 total teams, no Retains

Auction: 120,000 points, Manager self-buys 15k each

Additionally, although we won't be having retains, we are looking to establish proper franchises from here on out. So if there's any legacy teams managerial duos may want to acquire, start planning now! Manager signups will follow shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)