Career Aspirations

My school has got its seventh year to apply to universities already and so I've had to make my choices at this early stage (I'm sending the application today).
I've applied for several computer courses, including Computer Game Design and Development (which is my main interest) and Accountancy. I've just recently seen where I live being described as a "blackhole for computer game jobs" and it has worried me somewhat but it's still what I want to do.

I was wondering what sort of careers that the people of Smogon forum want to get into and what success they've had so far. It's possible that someone here has experienced something similar and I'd like to hear about it.

I really, really want to be a Pop/R&B singer, so I can release my innovations. One of my dreams was always to make a soundtrack to a Pokemon film, since I have so many dreams. I am currently taking classical singing lesson on a scholarship. I'm still trying very hard to hit high notes, but most of the "mainstreamers" never take singing lessons.

All Education here, and by Education I mean teaching people (not being in school as a student forever, lol). More specifically, I would like to teach high school with concentrations in PE, Health, Social Studies, and math.

I want to be a music producer I always liked to make sound's and beats in music my Uncle has a studio and when i make beats it just makes me feel liek I did something right so a Music Producer for Rape,Pop.Country,Crunk all types of music

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Walk the earth, like Kwai Chang Caine or something. Sadly, I don't think that's going to work so well.

I'm a terrible writer, but I kind of like doing it, so whatever I do I want to be able to have enough time to pursue that amateurly.

I'm in chemical Engineering and I hope to either refine paper and/or plastic recycling processes because ight now they are pretty shitty.

I would really like to get Hotel Management(sadly the university I am interested in costs too much so I am going to apply for a scholarship wish me luck)

My second choice is Business Management Honors program

Journalism?

Something in the media i guess

maybe theatre?

i dunno, i dont wanna write too much about my fears about "not making it"

so i might just settle with journalism...
sigh

It's funny how many people have mentioned journalism.
I considered it myself and also attend a weekly "class" but I decided that I really go want to get into some form of computer-based work.

I hope to become an engineer. Although i don't know which field i want to pursue. If you guys have any suggestions i would love to hear them.

I failed with architecture, i don't want that again.

I would like to learn things related to programming and computers in general, but i don't know where to start.

So, i'm stuck, yeah.

No idea, currently I want to go into the finance sector however.

According to my teachers, I am apparently quite decent at writing, though I hate it to the core.

Paleontology at first, but it got gay, so now I'm gonna save a bit then open a herpetology zoo with a friend (all it takes up here is 12 species FTW apparently, it's been done!)

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm thinking of going into Kiniesiology and Math, so I can teach them in high school, but I have no idea what kind of stuff I'll have to do in university to do that. Eg. Getting double major, majoring in one but not the other but still be able to teach it. Yeah, so I don't know.

I would like to become a professor if it was possible. I have no idea what you need for that though, so yeah, oh well.

I love writing too. Seriously, I LOVE creative writing. If I pick a different job than teaching, it'll definitely have something to do with writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)