Cartoon Network Goes Real

Any1 watch Megas XLR? That was one of my faves before it got canceled. Good comedy, decent action.

And I second the opinion that CN should focus on gaming. If they profiled tourneys and gamers I'd definitely start watching. Plus they'd face no competition, plus nearly everyone games now.

Two Stupid Dogs? anyone?

i'm really surprised at the amount of hate for Chowder and Flapjack. those are my favorite shows on the channel right now because of the blatant adult humor they put in there. Flapjack makes a lot more sense when you replace 'candy' with alcohol. you don't really believe Captain Knuckles carries a flask of 'maple syrup' do you? and Chowder: "women have these things in their bodies called expectations." i figured it would have a bigger fanbase since they seem to be going back to the vulgar shit the old cartoons used to do.

i'm not going to lie, i actually really like 6teen too.

Chowder and Flapjack fucking blow, if you want blatant adult humor then Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab were where it was at.

Uh,yeah.I'm not an American,so i don't have CN.However,i do have teletoon, which copies CN's shows.Recently,all we've been getting is crap >_<.So CN needs to bring back shows from the late 90's,and other gems like fosters' home.(btw,TDI and TDA are both canadian,seeing a trend?)

ever since the remove of toonami and shows like DBZ and Riouni(sp) kension.. i havnt watched it since.

I miss gundam wing T_T

I miss shows like Megas XLR, Gundam, Naruto, Rouroni Kenshin (?), and many others that they stopped showing for some reason or another. I think that the newer cartoons and reality shows are sofa king retarded. Who wants to watch a reality show on a CARTOON channel? Why don't they put it on Discovery channel or something? It would make so much more sense than putting it on a channel that would fall apart because of them.

I'm really surprised there's so much Chowder/Flapjack hate in this thread. I think both of them are pretty entertaining (mostly Flapjack), unlike a lot of the older shows like Dexter's Lab and PPG (which I never found funny). The only older CN I miss now are Johnny Bravo and Courage.

Edit: And Billy & Mandy, that show was great.

For the record though, cartoon networks been doing live action stuff for almost 3 years (IIRC), Just only on adult swim.

I honestly haven't watched more then 15 minutes of day time cartoon network since 2007, but I'm a bit sad to see them straying from what made them great in the first place.

What about 6Teen? I definitely think it's worth watching.

I can't say I have a justifiable opinion on Flapjack because I've never watched the show. As for Chowder, I've seen two episodes, and I distinctly remember one. Apparently, Chowder became super fat from having to hold in a fart or something, and when that professor and bear-thingie tried to leave, they got stuck in the tower. Or something along those lines?

Either way, the entire thing seemed silly, and I felt like I wasted my time watching that show. Dunno if other Chowder episodes are better, but that one episode I remember really left me with a bad mental image of it.

Besides the occasional over-emotional BrainRush contestant, all the other reality shows are shit.

I never enjoyed any cartoon network television shows, even though I did watch Dexter, I always thought that it was slightly stale.

Toonami with Tom completely owned. 2 Hours(IIRC) or boss anime made my day.

Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing
DBZ
etc

Flapjack is pretty much amazing. The visual humor is pretty great at times, and there are at least a dozen consistently funny and unique characters. I'm shocked that people prefer scooby doo or ppg to it. Sheesh.
Chowder is pretty meh IMO. It has it's moments, but it isn't great.

I also don't get Ed, Edd and Eddy, I've seen two or three full episodes and was lucky to laugh once. It wasn't clever, imaginative, unique or funny in any way to me.

One more thing, I loved Toonami growing up, but the shows haven't aged well. I recently tried to rewatch Gundam Wing and DBZ, I can't do it. They're horrendous to sit through now. Shows like Zatch Bell, One Piece and Naruto even moreso. Avatar is the only anime I can watch and not immediately want to turn off now.

Ed Edd and Eddy was pretty amazing now that I watch their reruns of it, sadly. Toonami was pretty cool, back when it had the humanoid guy on it... those were good times before they got the Bronzor looking "host"... it all went down hill from there. And what ever happened to Megus-XLR??? 0.o that show was so cool back when it was around. and classics like Samuri Jack, Dexter Laboratory, Johny Bravo, and when Gundum was on Toonami.

Now they have Chowder... i can't stand that show one bit >_>.

Copy of what I posted on GameFAQs.

RIP Cartoon Network you gave me great memories from Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Justice League, Dragon Ball F'n Z, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, and etc. I loved it when you use to re-run shows that would air on Kids WB like X-Men Evolution and Jackie Chan Adventures. Well anyway RIP CN and for me it's not nostalgia no matter how old I become I will always have a special place in my heart for good animated tv shows.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I never noticed until this thread why Cartoon Network was going downhill (or how there was a niche they filled) until this thread, but it's most certainly caused a revelation for me. =]

And I would have to agree with the lack of sufficient shows on CN. I give them another ten years before they are either bought out or reduced to Boomerang only (the single best chanel idea ever).

I think Cartoon Network...well..just isn't a Cartoon Network anymore.

I mean we've already gotten 4 PG Shows, and 4 Real Shows

Star Wars: Clone Wars(Please stop making star wars..)
Total Drama Island(like this)
Total Drama Action(like this)
6-Teen(same voices from TDI/TDA)

Othersiders(Gay, not real obviously)
Destroy-Build-Destroy(retarted)
(Survival Show, Forgot name)-The kids are pathetic, they have all the supplies they need and there's already enough shows like this.
Brain Rush(I kinda like this one :P)

Yea but cartoon network used to be all cartoons :P.

EDIT: And didn't they use to have a REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY gay show called Fryed Dynamite?

no for real ive been saying that for MONTHS Now and its the truth... the kids who grow up in this day and age are going to be Fucking retarted because all the have is stupid ass shit to watch like

16teen
TDI
TDA

The only thing that these gay ass shows produce is sluttieness and ignorance to the youth today... wheres the good shit like DBZ,Ren an Stimpy,Toonami for christ sake..

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
:( i chatted with my brother abour cartoons today. his youth was the height of johnny bravo, powerpuff girls, dexter, etc. i seriously miss cow and chicken, that was my favorite show. dont forget ren and stimpy, it was so far ahead of its time.

i think cartoons have really changed, but not for the better. the only show i watch on cn is flapjack, which is actually really good. on the topic of cartoons going downhill, look at what happened to spongebob. most episodes from 2002-2004 were brilliant, and i actually bought one of the earlier seasons from that time period.

I hate these changes! Cartoon Network is a whole network for cartoons, not reality shows!!! Any shows with real people in them should be pulled off the network immediately!!

By the way, for the people that miss the early cartoon network cartoons, like Dexter and Johnny Bravo, they occasionally show them on their other channel, Boomerang network.

I agree with the decline in spongebob. But i still watch it, cause its so stupid its hard not to laugh or atleast be annoyed into laughing. Seriously, has anyone ever heard his laugh in the recent seasons? Or when he sings. LALALALALALALALALA!!! I swear they do that shit on purpose lol, just to get a cheap laugh

What I want to know is, who was the stupid fuck who took Naruto, BoBoBo, and all other Toonami shows off and put two dumbass hours of 6teen in it's place? I mean, they didnt even produced the show (nick did).

:( i chatted with my brother abour cartoons today. his youth was the height of johnny bravo, powerpuff girls, dexter, etc. i seriously miss cow and chicken, that was my favorite show. dont forget ren and stimpy, it was so far ahead of its time.

i think cartoons have really changed, but not for the better. the only show i watch on cn is flapjack, which is actually really good. on the topic of cartoons going downhill, look at what happened to spongebob. most episodes from 2002-2004 were brilliant, and i actually bought one of the earlier seasons from that time period.
I remember the 2003 or 2004 episode which was Mad Snail Disease and they showed it on rerun during the Swine Flu Epidemic! That was scary and brilliant at the same time. Spongebob was so ahead of its time for a cartoon, now its been at free-fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)