1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Cartridge Formats Simple Questions

Discussion in 'Cartridge Formats' started by cant say, Sep 3, 2017.

1. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

If you've got a simple question about the Cartridge Formats and not sure where to post, this is the place!

- Battle Spot Singles (BSS) Simple Questions
    - Video Game Championships (VGC) Simple Questions

FAQ:
    • What is Cartridge Formats?
      • The Cartridge Formats forum is a combination of all things you find in the Battle Spot option when visiting the Festival Plaza in your Sun and Moon games. Battle Spot is the collection of online ranked modes on the 3DS games themselves. The modes are 3v3 Singles, 4v4 Doubles, The Official VGC Ladder, and a rotating Special Ladder that changes every season. In all modes you bring 6 Pokemon and choose the required amount at team preview (except when the special ruleset is different!).
    • How do I play Battle Spot?
      • You need to register on the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) website first. You'll need to go to the Festival Plaza in your game, go to the PC in the castle and choose Game Sync, create your Game Sync ID, then enter it on the registration page on the PGL. Now you're done! You can choose to battle from the Festival Plaza.
    • What are the rules? What's banned?
      • The simplest way of explaining the rules of Battle Spot is that it's an online, player-vs-player version of the Battle Tree. Only certain legendary Pokemon are banned (cover legends such like Lugia, Ho-oh, Solgaleo, and Lunaala, and mythical Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, and Magearna), and you can only use one of each item on your team. VGC takes this further and only allows Pokemon obtainable in the Alola region.
    The Squash and ThickFatAzumarill like this.
  2. Tapu Koko Loko

Tapu Koko Loko

What are some of the top Trick Room abusers nowadays, for singles, doubles, etc.? Basically the guys that are solid TR choices more or less regardless of format and rules changes.
  3. GroudonEmpire

GroudonEmpire

Porygon2 and ESPECIALLY Cresselia. they are the go-to trick roomers regardless of format

edit: damn it i thought you said setters not abusers. Mega Mawile is fantastic regardless of format. Heatran is also a classic and on the special side. Tapu Bulu is dope too in both formats. I've also seen Choice Band Ferro in both formats. Snorlax is also absolutely potent
    cant say likes this.
  4. Tapu Koko Loko

Tapu Koko Loko

Thanks! I'll breed me a TR Mawile, and keep an eye for Bulu and the Pain Heatrain.
  5. woofmasterarf

woofmasterarf formerly Stacy Ritter

What is the standard CM Tapu Fini EV spread in Battle Spot Doubles? Haven't been able to find it

EDIT: Also what about the standard Celesteela ev spread?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)