ORAS OU CashX (1600+) Fun Team :]

Skarm or Zapdos?

• Total voters
CASH-X
Hey everyone. Pat ( or Cash as some of you know me on PS ) here again with my second RMT. So one day I decided I wanted to make a team that didnt require any thought to play so I threw this together just to have some fun with. Then I took it into a tour in the OU room and ended up winning playing with this team every game. So I decided I would try it out on the ladder and see how it went. 1615 so far and it could for sure get higher if I ever find the time to keep playing.. or maybe one of you reading this can get it higher :] So lets get into it.

For those who like Rap -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ZUbFVgZpc
For those who dont like Rap-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnSyu4eZkZ4

So I started with this core of Hawlucha and Mega Zard X. I think Hawlucha is really underrated right now and actually is an amazing late game sweeper that just destroys offensive teams and smashes holes in balance. I paired Lucha up with a bulky Zard X because the same mons check them so one of them can weaken the checks for the other to sweep.

So the obvious checks to Zard and Hawlucha are bulky ground types. They also both hate rocks. Bulky ground types carry stealth rock. So I wanted something that could double into these bulky ground types, such as Garchomp, Hippo, Lando, and force them out so they cant get up rocks. Kyurem Black was my choice. This thing is a monster. It helps beat almost every mon that would check Zard + Lucha. It even beats Rotom-W because of teravolt earth power. So Now I have a good offensive core.

So as I said earlier this team hates rocks. Everything is weak to them so I needed a defogger. (Ironically one weak to rocks) but I chose Zapdos for this. The reason I picked Zapdos is because my team is really weak to bird spam. So defensive Zapdos helped cover that weakness. It also can defog away rocks and has roost for recovery. There might be a better defogger out there. (Maybe Skarm) I havent tested the team quite enough yet to see is Skarm might be better.

So I chose Lando as my next member because my team needed rocks of its own and another check to bird spam because Zapdos gets worn down too easily. Intimidate is a great ability that helps me versus set up sweepers.

So my team is really really weak to ice attacks so I wanted something that resisted ice but was also a threat. So Belly Drum Azumarill was the choice. Its not hard to find a place to Belly Drum because this team forces so many switches so many games this is the win con that just blows things away.

Now into the sets!

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
So we can start off with Azumarill. Its the really basic Belly Drum set, Sitrus Berry with even HP EVs which allows you to go down to 50% after a Belly Drum and then get healed back up to 75% or sometimes allows you to heal after taking a hit so you have enough HP to Belly Drum. The speed EVs are to make sure you outspeed Clefable which is a big help so you can kill magic guard Clef after a belly drum or makes sure unaware Clef has to wish and go for protect so you can switch out. Play Rough is STAB and does a shit ton to everything after a Belly Drum. Aqua Jet is of course priority STAB and kill most things that dont resist it. Thats a big help since Azumarill isnt that fast and needs the priority to sweep. The last move is filled by Knock off because Knock off kills Shedninja, kills some Ferrothorn variants after stealth rock (after Belly Drum) and it also kills Slowbro (after a Belly Drum) which is a big problem to the team. So basically this thing either late game sweeps teams or can go big damage in the early/mid game to make some holes in the enemy team.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Next up is Landorus-Therian. Im running the normal defensive Stealth Rock variant. Max HP and near max defense EVs to get good bulk to take physical hits. Intimidate really helps it sponge hits as well by lowering the attack of any pokemon, also giving our other team members an opportunity to set up. I run 8 special defense EV's to guarentee that Lando will live an HP Ice from Mega Manetric at full. 8 Speed EV's allow us to outspeed Modest Magnezone and kill it with Earthquake. So the moves are fairly standard. Stealth Rock is self explanatory. U-turn is a really good momentum move and can help this team keep up offensive pressure which is really importiant since our team is mostly offensive. Earthquake is a powerful STAB move used to damage anything that we need to. Stone Edge is the last slot because its really important to be able to hit Thunderous and Talonflame, both which really threaten our team. So its job is to get up rocks and sponge physical hits.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt/Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
Next is Zapdos. This the the weakest member on the team and one that probably could be replaced with Skarm because of my gross fairy weakness. Its another defensive mon, near max HP and high defense. 68 Special Attack EV's are specifically to OhKo Mega Pinsir with TBolt but also good just to damage things in general. 16 Speed EV's are to outspeed Adamant Bisharp. The staple moves are roost and defog. Defog is used to get rid of all enemy hazards, mostly Stealth Rock, since this team is really rock weak. Roost is obviously used to keep Zapdos healthy so it can keep switching in to take attacks. I'm running heatwave to do damage to Bisharp and Weavile along with any other steel types, it also has a chance to burn which can be nice. Thunderbolt is used as the strongest STAB move to do damage in general. Discharge can be used as well as more of a utility move to try to fish for para's. Zapdos's job on the team is to take bird spam and use defog to keep hazards away.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
Kyurem-Black. This is a wallbreaker for the team. Life Orb to give it extra power for all its moves. I am running the mixed attacking set so Mild nature to not lower any offensive stats. Max Special Attack to make sure that it can hit as hard as possible and 236 speed to outspeed all max speed base 80 pokemon, also outspeed defensive Garchomp. The remaining EV's are put into attack to boost Fusion Bolts power. Teravolt is a great ability able to hit through Mega Venu's Thick Fat, Rotom-W's levitate, and Dragonite's Multiscale. Running Ice Beam because its a power STAB move that is very spamable and even has a chance to freeze. Earth Power is used to hit Heatrans, Rotom-W, along with any other Steel types. Fusion Bolt is to hit any bulky Water types and to hit Specially Defensive Talonflame. Roost is in the last slot because Kyu-B gets worn down my hazards and life orb recoil so being able to heal is a nice option. Basically I use Kyurem to keep out any bulky ground types to keep rocks off my side of the field. It also just breaks walls because nothing wants to take hits from it.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
Hawlucha is such an underrated threat in the metagame right now. Its dual STAB can hit so many things for super effective or neutral damage. It was a great ability in Unburden which lets it outspeed everything after activating. I am running the Sub-Sitrus set, so you basically Sub down to activate your Sitrus Berry to heal up which also activates your Unburden ability. 12 HP EV's to make sure we have an even HP stat to use the Sitrus berry with/ Max Attack EV's to make sure we have strong physical attacks. 244 Speed EV's with a jolly nature make sure we outspeed the Latis, Keldeo, Raikou, and Terrakion before we get our unburden boost. Swords Dance is being used to help boost our attack to sweep teams. High Jump Kick is out strongest STAB move which hits ridiculously hard after a Swords Dance. Acrobatics is out last move because it has great synergy with Unburden, since eating the berry takes away our item. Its also just a stong STAB attack to hit everything that resists fighting moves and it also cant miss, unlike HJK :] So Hawlucha's purpose is just to set up and start doing damage. It can be a wall breaker or a late game sweeper.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
Our last Mon, the broken lord Mega Zard X. Zard X is just insanely powerful and so hard to stop once it finds a opening to get going. Tough Claws is a sick ability that boosts the power of our physical moves. I decided to go with the bulky set because it better fits the team. 144 HP just give in general bulk to live hits and allow it to avoid a 2hko from Rotom-W Hydro Pump so you can set up on it. 252 Attack and Adamant Nature to give Zard the most power it can have. The rest of the EV's are put into speed just to its not too slow after it Dragon Dances. Dragon Dance is the first move on the set, it allows Zard to gain Speed and also gain Attack. Normally after just one Dragon Dance Zard is able to smash through teams but if you can DD twice you outspeed even the majority of scarf pokemon and can kill just about anything. Dragon Claw is a powerful STAB move used to hit pretty much anything thats not Steel or Fairy Type. Flare Blitz is the next move I chose because its STAB and it hits extremely hard even when its unboosted by Dragon Dance. Roost finishes off the set because it allows Zard to set up on mons that cant 2hko it like Raikou, Mega Manetric, or Rotom-W. It also lets us heal off Stealth Rock damage and Flare Blitz recoil. Zards goal on the team is pretty much just to set up and start killing things. Its amazing at making holes in teams if not just outright sweeping them.

Unaware Mons are a pain for this team to deal with. They just wall everything and prevent us from setting up. Quagsire is annoying but it loses to Kyu-B who can 2hko with ice beam. Clefable is annoying as well but if its physically defensive Kyu-B Ice Beam will 2hko and if its specially defensive then Zards Flare Blitz will 2hko.

Fast Special Attackers are a problem. Just have to set up before they can get in for free or try. Thundy will die to Lando Stone Egde so thats normally a good trade for most of landos hp. Dont let Thundy set up a nasty plot or you just lose. Mega Zam is annoying too but you can try to set up before it gets in to kill it

Ice Attackers are also a big threat. Just try to get rocks up and wear them down with rocks plus life orb recoil. Also Zard just sets up on Weavile if you can get that matchup barring a flinch.

Set up before it can. If it gets off a DD click X

Fairy Spam, I have nothing to take Fairy hits so yeah.. Thats why maybe Skarm

So yeah! I made the team trying to make it easy to play without too much thinking but it actually requires a lot of planning to play. Try to make a game plan at team preview or you will have a hard time using this. So ill put the importable below and give it a try and a rate if you want. I hope you like it and its as fun for you to use as it is for me :] Thanks for reading!

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Attachments

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey cash, great team. I'm Josh on showdown :P I just faced Piccolo Daimao when he was using the team, 'tis nice. Small suggestion: Draco > Fusion on kyub. I just feel it's worth getting that 120+stab, and not having to lose potential speed ties to invest in attack as well as not having a traditional mixed kyub. Also, finding a surprise place to fit HP grass will help a ton with quaggy since he's so damn hard to kill. Oh and like you posted, Skarm>Zapdos is probably a great switch, because while checking sylveon, garde, m-alt, weavile, kyub and other fairy/ice attackersif you chose to run iron head on it as well as the supportmon (I'd recommend it) it also allows you to get rocks up with him and run koff on lando-t, which can be a huge help.

Hey cash, great team. I'm Josh on showdown :P I just faced Piccolo Daimao when he was using the team, 'tis nice. Small suggestion: Draco > Fusion on kyub. I just feel it's worth getting that 120+stab, and not having to lose potential speed ties to invest in attack as well as not having a traditional mixed kyub. Also, finding a surprise place to fit HP grass will help a ton with quaggy since he's so damn hard to kill. Oh and like you posted, Skarm>Zapdos is probably a great switch, because while checking sylveon, garde, m-alt, weavile, kyub and other fairy/ice attackersif you chose to run iron head on it as well as the supportmon (I'd recommend it) it also allows you to get rocks up with him and run koff on lando-t, which can be a huge help.
Hey man. thanks for the rate :] yeah you can creep the speeds if you want, i just posted the generic sets. I cant really afford to fit hp ice on anywhere unfortunately. I could maybe use draco on kyu, i need to look at all the calc to decided how that would do but its something ill look into. Also i agree iron head would be a good choice on skarm. I will be testing that out soon

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, interesting team. I find you are too weak to fairy types, Bisharp to an extent and Latios which just clicks Psyshock all day and Dracos if Azu is down for the count.

I think you already touched on a good change to make: Specially Defensive Skarmory over Zapdos. This gives you an answer to Fairies and another check to Latios.

At this point I would change Lando-t to Tankchomp. So I know you're stacking dragons here a bit but chomp checks Bisharp as well as doing a good job of checking most of the things you check with Lando. You become a little weaker to Excadrill, but Skarm helps with that and Azu checks it as well as Zardx which lando would check better than Chomp. I'd throw Toxic in the last slot to prevent Altaria from setting up DDs on you freely. This also gives you a secondary answer to non-Ice Fang Mega Gyarados

My last suggestion would be Serperior over Kyurem-Black. Serp annihilates the bulky waters and grounds that plague Zard X and gives you more speed, another check to offensive water types like Keldeo and Azumarill while not being weak to rocks and mitigating the dragon weakness a bit more. I would probably run a stallbreaker variant with Taunt to ease your matchup against bulkier teams.

These changes make you a bit weaker to Heatran but between Azumarill, Garchomp and Hawlucha you have it covered. You can choose to run HP Ground on Serp but I don't think its necessary.

I am at work so I can't add the sets into this post right now but I will edit them in when I get home.

EDIT: here are the sets
Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Last edited:
Hi, interesting team. I find you are too weak to fairy types, Bisharp to an extent and Latios which just clicks Psyshock all day and Dracos if Azu is down for the count.

I think you already touched on a good change to make: Specially Defensive Skarmory over Zapdos. This gives you an answer to Fairies and another check to Latios.

At this point I would change Lando-t to Tankchomp. So I know you're stacking dragons here a bit but chomp checks Bisharp as well as doing a good job of checking most of the things you check with Lando. You become a little weaker to Excadrill, but Skarm helps with that and Azu checks it as well as Zardx which lando would check better than Chomp. I'd throw Toxic in the last slot to prevent Altaria from setting up DDs on you freely. This also gives you a secondary answer to non-Ice Fang Mega Gyarados

My last suggestion would be Serperior over Kyurem-Black. Serp annihilates the bulky waters and grounds that plague Zard X and gives you more speed, another check to offensive water types like Keldeo and Azumarill while not being weak to rocks and mitigating the dragon weakness a bit more. I would probably run a stallbreaker variant with Taunt to ease your matchup against bulkier teams.

These changes make you a bit weaker to Heatran but between Azumarill, Garchomp and Hawlucha you have it covered. You can choose to run HP Ground on Serp but I don't think its necessary.

I am at work so I can't add the sets into this post right now but I will edit them in when I get home.

EDIT: here are the sets
Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt
Hey man thanks for the rate, Im going to be testing the skarm soon to see how that does. I thought about Garchomp but yeah the dragon stack was real. I havent had any huge problems with Bish yet but I agree that these would help out with that matchup. Ill test the team variant with chomp+Serp (even though I think serp is weak af :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)