1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Catchy RMT Title

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by aura_lucario, Feb 23, 2008.

1. aura_lucario

aura_lucario

I normally don't make RMTs, but I decided to make one for this team. I have outlined some major points that I need improvement on. Please read at least most of this before you begin to rate, otherwise you may miss something.

[​IMG]
    Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Psycho Cut
    - Thunder punch
    - Fire Punch

This Pokémon is an amazing starter. It hits many of the top 10 leads (Jan. Most Popular leads on Shoddy) with a super effective hit. Don’t believe me?

Here are the stats:

252Atk Positive Medicham with a…

Thunder punch on a Neutral BulkyDos with Intimidate: 76.04% - 89.58% Definite 2HKO
    Psycho Cut on a 6/0 Neutral Gengar: 125.95% - 148.85% Definite OHKO
    Fire Punch 252/8 Neutral Bronzong: 56.8% - 67.45% Definite 2HKO
    Tyranitar: Switch to Swampert
    Ice Punch on a 120/0 Neutral Salamence (Ice Punch) with Intimidate: 97.5% - 115.23% Usually OHKO
    *Most Salamence Leads do not have 120 HP EVs, so it would be a guaranteed OHKO with 6 EVs.
    Ice Punch on a 252/252 Positive Hippowdon: 33.8% - 40% Maybe not the best option
    Ninjask: Switch to Swampert
    Yanmega: Swampert again
    Fire Punch on a 252/6 Neutral Abomasnow: 131.25% - 155.2% Definite OHKO
    Fire Punch on a 6/0 Neutral Weavile: 100.7% - 119.14% Definite OHKO

I switch to Swampert when I face a Ninjask so that I can Roar it away. I switch to Swampert on a Yanmega because Medicham can’t stand Air Slash.

The reason I have Psycho Cut on this set over Hi Jump Kick is because I have a Tyranitar counter, which would be the only reason I would include it, but I do not have a proper Gengar counter.

Without Choice Scarf, I reach 259 Speed, but when I have Scarf on I reach ~389 which means I will always outrun base 125’s as long as they are not equipped with a Scarf.
    ---
    [​IMG]
    Suicune @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Ice Beam

This Pokémon is a recent addition to my team. It makes an amazing physical wall; however, I do wish it had Slack Off or some attack like that to make it more efficient. This Pokémon is a pretty good Garchomp counter. Here are the stats:

252 Atk EV Positive Garchomp Earthquake on a 252/252 Positive Suicune: 29.2% - 34.4%

I’m considering moving EV’s into Special Attack in order to be able to OHKO the standard Garchomp. Right now I am at a 2HKO before Calm Mind and a OHKO after.
    ---
    [​IMG]
    T-Rex (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

This Pokémon is essential to help me get the end game set up. Tyranitar is an absolute monster. Its 403 Attack coupled with a choice band make this a giant threat. This is my Gengar switch in, but I always have to worry about focus blast.

This Pokémon is also a great Pokémon to have to face Wobbuffet, I either Crunch or Pursuit depending on the situation. He also takes care of those nasty little Cresselias and Celebis which give my late-game sweeper problems. Unfortunately, this Pokémon has a bad time taking grass knots, so I am thinking about moving EVs into Special Defense, but the downside to that is less physical survivability which is also very important. With the current EVs:

252 Atk EV Positive Garchomp Earthquake on a 252/0 Neutral Tyranitar: 82.17% - 97.02%
    That could help decide the game.

I use crunch most of the time because knowing my luck, I would miss when I need a hit.

252 HP EVs help it take hits, but I try to avoid as many hits as possible.

Common Counters can get 3HKO’d:

252 Atk EV Positive Tyranitar Crunch with CB on a 252/216 Positive Swampert: 43.31% - 51.23%
    252 Atk EV Positive Tyranitar with CB Crunch on a 252/252 Positive Gliscor: 38.13% - 45.19%
    I do have to watch out for EQs from both of these Pokémon, but Stealth Rock helps my cause.

Not only does this Pokémon counter many things and faint many things, but it also helps me get my late game sweeper set up.
    ---
    [​IMG]
    Hercules (Heracross) (M) @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

I will be the first to admit that this Pokémon is not the epitome of an ideal Pokémon, but it can be useful.

This is on my team because I need a reliable Blissey counter and this is a great one. I added flame orb as its item because I already have 2 choice Pokémon on the team, and I don’t need another one. The extra attack boost is very, very welcome, but it seems to faint to fast when I have sand storm and flame orb building up.

I might get rid of flame orb for leftovers recovery. That would hopefully make this a better fighter and last longer, but it does not enjoy sandstorm one bit.

If anyone has any advice on this Pokémon, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me.
    ---
    [​IMG]
    Garchomp (M) @ Bright powder
    Ability: Sand Veil
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

Okay, maybe this is cheap, but it works only if it is used right. This is my end game sweeper, so I try to NEVER send out this Pokémon until it is the only one left or my opponent only has one left.

It’s missing fire fang because I have other Pokémon that should have taken care of all o the problem Pokémon ahead of time.

You all know how hard this Pokémon can hit, so nothing needed here.

As to all of the ϋber accusations, this is a good Pokémon, and annoying, but I do not win every game because of it, and it usually gets taken down pretty quickly. Please do not turn this into a Garchomp discussion unless you are discussing other options.
    ---
    [​IMG]
    Swamp Monster (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP/215 Def/52 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock
    - Surf

The final Pokémon! This one is completely standard. I use it as another bulky water on my team and to set up the all important Stealth Rocks.

This covers my Weavile and Tyranitar weak, so I am good in those areas now.

If anyone has a Pokémon in mind that will help me more (but can still use stealth rocks), I really want recommendations. I am not sure how necessary this Pokémon is anymore because I put Suicune on my team, which walls basically everything that this walls minus the whole 4x grass weakness thing going on for it.
    ---

Here are some problems:

I have a major grass weakness and would really like some way to eliminate it while retaining the synergy of the team, so if there are any Pokémon I am over looking that can be put over another, please state so.

I have a big bug weak. Yanmega could wreck this team if I play things wrong and it usually ends up taking out one Pokémon at the minimum.

While I do have walls that special sweep, I have no real special sweepers on my team until Suicune gets in a couple Calm Minds.

I will think of more later.

Do not say Mamoswine weak please. I can take care of it depending on the set.

Threat list

Tyranitar: Swampert is great at countering this guy. Suicune could also suffice.

Gyarados: This one is hard to counter without prediction. I’m pretty sure Tyranitar and Heracross can OHKO with Stone Edge without intimidate. Heracross would be my best switch in, though.

Infernape: I would leave this to my Suicune or my Medicham. Medicham outspeeds it and goes for the OHKO with Psyhco Cut.

Azelf: Heracross, Tyranitar, and Suicune.

Rhyperior:
    Suicune gets it with Surf, Heracross gets it with Close Combat, and Garchomp gets it with Earthquake.

Electivire: Swampert walls this guy and OHKO’s him into oblivion with Earthquake

Heracross: I have a hard time countering this pokemon. I would switch in either Swampert or Suicune and hope for the best.

Salamence: This one is hard to counter until I know what version is being run. Suicune can stop this thing in its tracks.

Togekiss: I honestly have no counter for this. Any advice?

Gengar: Tyranitar to an extent.

Garchomp: Suicune.

Raikou: Garchomp, Tyranitar, or Swampert.

Lucario:
    Swampert makes a good counter along with Garchomp.

Starmie: Heracross can hopefully take hits and so can Tyranitar to an extent.

Weavile: Swampert.

PorygonZ: Another pokemon without a counter! Advice please!!!

Medicham: Swampert should be able to handle it.

Staraptor: More of a lead than anything, so Medicham wins with a Thunder Punch.

Machamp: Swampert?

Jolteon: Swampert.

Aerodactyl: Medicham, Suicune, Heracross, and Swampert.

Snorlax: Heracross with Close Combat.

Zapdos: Swampert again…

Blissey: Heracross can Close Combat this.

Suicune: Swampert can Roar it away.

Sceptile: Medicham and Ice Punch.

Breloom:
    I have a lot of trouble with this. Care to help?

Slaking:
    Suicune and Swampert can get this. Garchomp sees Truant as a free set up turn.

Metagross: Swampert can wall this guy and get it back with Earthquake.

Heatran: Suicune can take this on.
  2. Darkrai2

Darkrai2

good team, and get a fire type to cover the bug and grass weaknesses
  3. IggyBot

IggyBot !battle
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Why use Brightpowder on Garchomp? It only works a small portion of the time, when you can use something like a Yache or Salac Berry, to ensure a sweep?

To fix your Porygon-Z problems, make Tyranitar bulky. 252 HP / 42 Atk / 216 SpDef. Choice Band will give you plenty of power still, and you're able to easily switch into most special attackers and beat the hell out of them.

If you're going to use Flame Orb on Heracross, you may as well either change it to a Choice Band, or give it Swords Dance. 3 Choice pokemon on one team isn't that bad. One of my main teams uses 4 choice pokemon. On the other hand, Swords Dance will give you an immediate 2.5x attack (957). This will OHKO Skarmory with Stealth Rock up, and deal a minimum amount of 80% to Hippowdon. If you use Facade, you can 2HKO Gliscor. It's up to you.

And I can't believe I'm seeing this, but you're actually weak to Scarf / Specs / Life Orb Celebi and Shaymin. Tyranitar, Suicune and Swampert are all weak to grass, and coupled with Medicham's bug weakness, it's not a big help. You could use Zapdos instead of Suicune. It counters Gyarados and Garchomp fairly well, and gets Roost instead of ResTalk.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)