Celebi and the boiz

I have made a team and I have had nothing but success with it. I have gone 8-1 though I would just like to submit it to see what you guys think. I have a support celebi, a stall gliscor, phaser dragonite, sweeper haxorus and gyaradoes and banded scizor.
First up is my opener; Celebi

Leftovers
Evs: 252 hp, 40 spe and 216 spD
With Gentle nature
Natural Cure
~Giga Drain
~Heal bell
~Recover
~U-turn

I am in love with this set. Celebi soaks up attacks and can out stall some stallers. Having Recover adds alot to how long he lives despite the fact giga drain gives him decent regeneration. Celebi can out stall various gliscors with this set and u-turn allows him to keep the momentum. Heal Bell is absolutely essential for haxorus and gyarados (who doesnt run the sub dance set). Also, Dragonite is greatly prohibited by poison so it is irreplacable. The speed EVs are just to out pace bulky gliscor and uninvested jirachis.

Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 hp, 184 def and 72 spe
with Impish nature
Poison Heal
~Taunt
~Earthquake
~Roost
~Stealth Rock

Stealth rock makes Dragonite much more valuable as a phaser and allows sweeping much more easily. Taunt stops pesky ferrothorn and skarmory from causing trouble which is priceless. Roost is important for switching when under about 40% where poison heal won't sit you in the safe zone. Earthquake is for just general damage. I'm open to suggestions about gliscor and his EVs or whether earthquake should be replaced or something like that. Keep in mind he is essential to my teams defense however.

Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 hp, 4 spe
With adamant nature
Technician
~Bullet Punch
~U-turn
~Superpower
~Pursuit

For this set I got extra creative. It is just the basic set and the choice band makes predicting with pursuit easy, because it kills them even if they don't switch alot of the time. He is really important for removing speedy pokemon who threaten a haxorus sweep. This is a text book move set and doesnt need much explaining. However note that a steel type is essential in any team, and he is mine. His speed is just to be better than other scizors.

Leftovers
252 hp, 16 atk, 240 spD
With Careful nature
Multiscale
~Thunder wave
~Roost
~Extreme speed
~Roar

Dragonite has good typing as to resist alot, and is a pure utility. He has roar for phasing and generally just making other people crap their pants. Thunder wave works with roar to spread paralysis around their whole team. Roost is for regeneration and making use of multi scale. Extreme speed finishes off weaker pokemon and fragile sweepers who've dropped to around 20%. Extreme speed is very helpful and in a bad matchup, you can always just roar. His EVs prohibit enough attack to smack little pokemon in the face while not sacrificing pretty much any defense. His defense is covered by gliscor and his typing.

Leftovers
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
With a Jolly nature
Intimidate
~Waterfall
~Earthquake
~Taunt
~Dragon Dance

I opted for this over subdance. That is because skarmory is a nuisence and this just shuts him up. Intimidate is so he can set up whenever on a physical attacker. Generally either gyarados or haxorus have to go for a little unsucessful early sweep to remove some threats. Gyarados is best at this because he has the speed to best the generally fast pokemon who haven't been slayed by scizor or statused by dragonite. I went for jolly since haxorus has sword dance and doesnt pack the speed. Waterfall and EQ have good coverage alround and yeh.

Lum berry
252 atk, 220 spe, 36 hp
With an adamant nature
Mold Breaker
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~SuperPower
~Sword Dance

He has a lum berry so that status doesnt stop him when his got a boost up. Outrage is just easy for spamming and the lum berry helps out too. Earthquake and super power is just for steels pretty much. He usually comes in when the threats are dead or paralised and just sweeps. He monsters ferrothorn but skarmory kinda blocks him. I usually aim to slay skarmorys on an early fail sweep gyarados. Haxorus simply destroys bulky offense or stall after gliscor has removed stallers that are detrimental to his sweep.

My team is great. I open with celebi who drains on pokemon who cave to decent special attack or simply u turn. From their gliscor can stop incoming entry hazards with taunt or scizor can hop in for a kill. I generally rotate aroung celebi, gliscor and scizor who have pretty decent synergy for quite a bit. Then when I'm one pokemon up or so Dragonite will come in on a wall and start spreading paralysis. Compounding stealth rocks wears everything down and gyarados will try for a sweep. usually he fails, after killing two or so of the opposition. Then back to phasing then haxorus sweep. This has been how i have won most of my matches. I believe a choice latios could wreck my team quite a bit, as celebi is all that can cope with it (and even then). However all i have faced is a submind one and its move pool wasnt big enuf. So please advice on anything from items on my gliscor to moxie on my gyaradoes. And don't judge Dragonite until you have used that set.

Looking at the team, I can suppose many things, the first is to change Haxorus, Which in bw2 has lost its effectiveness, I would recommend you replace it with a Garchomp That Can Also place the stealth rock. Also, I would give dragon tail> roar to dragonite, because it has the same effect but Also causes damage, and put substitute to not suffer too much the status. Next, on Gyarados you can give Bounce> Eq for the Stab but at the same time it's still a good move for coverage and would change the trait into Moxie which is better for the sweep. Also, you have to cut Gliscor for something That can hit Ferrothorn and helps against Thundurus, and ScarfTerrakion can be a good idea. At this point Mamoswine and Hazard seems a big deal, but I don't know how to help you without completely revise the team. Below, there will be a list of sets that i mentioned.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Substitute

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Zen Headbutt (Earthquake is only for Toxicroak which however is shot, and then also hit keldeo with things like this.)

I'm grateful for the reply MrCha, but the 'improvements' don't work out. Garchomp doesn't have the monstrous attack to pound through walls like Haxorus and thus doesn't work as well. Also gyarados doesn't cope well without intimidate. He can't set up on ferrothorn anymore cos power whips slays it. Gliscor gets rocks down early which I couldn't really do with garchomp as I felt there was no realistic chance of killing anything because its counters were alive that early. I didn't mind the dragonite variant however. While Extreme speed is really nice the dragon tail actualy gives you a stab move. However its hard to phase well cos the rocks arent down.

Okay, I've got a few suggestions.

First of all, I recommend a change to your Celebi. At the moment, both Celebi and Dragonite are invested into Special Defense, leaving only Gliscor as a physically bulky mon. I'd suggest changing Celbi to have 216 Def instead, as you'll find that it is capable of walling far more things with its typing. Also, I feel that if you change Heal Bell + U-Turn to Nasty Plot + Baton Pass, you'll find it becomes much more effective. Baton Pass isn't neccesarily to pass along the boost from nasty plot, it can also often be used to escape from Pursuit trappers.

Secondly, your team is far, far too physically focussed. Literally the only person that attacks from the special side is Celebi, and it acts a wall rather than a sweeper. Adding NP to Celebi alleviates this a little, but you need another, which is why I recommend Keldeo > Gyrados. There are a few sets you could run on Keldeo, such as Scarf for speed, Specs for pure damage, or a SubCM set, but all of them will help your team a huge amount and be extremely effective. Gyrados's huge weakness to electric types is a liability, and Keldeo is slightly less weak. In addition, it makes a beautiful core with Celebi, as Psychic/Grass and Water/Fighting complement each other perfectly.

Your team needs a rapid spinner, simply having a large amount of taunts won't help. Dragonite is crippled by SR, and if you want to continue using him you can't have excuses of 'oh dont worry taunt covers it'. There are a few pokemon that can fill this role, but I feel the best for you would either be Donphan > Gliscor, Forretress > Scizor, or Bulky Starmie > Gliscor. If you plan on keeping Gliscor, your set is bad. Any flying or levitate pokemon can completely ignore you and ruin your day. To make your Gliscor a bit more of a wall, I recommend Protect > Roost and Toxic > Stealth Rock. With Protect and Poison Heal you're getting almost the same regen as Roost while also being able to stall.

Also, you should very seriously consider replacing Haxorus with Garchomp. If you compare Haxorus with Garchomp, you'll notice that Haxorus only has an advantage in the Atk stat, with a mere 17 difference. When it comes to pure damage, this is almost negligible. Garchomp is significantly more bulky, as well as much more fast, breaking that crucial 100 Spe barrier. In addition, Garchomp's typing means that it's Earthquake gains the benefit of STAB, making it hurt significantly more than that of Haxorus, even with a lower attack stat. Thus with Outrage + Earthquake, almost all pokemon are severly threatened. Because of the extra speed that Garchomp has, I would recommend running a Choice Band set, which gives it a silly amount of upfront damage and makes it a baller lategame sweeper, or even just an early game wallbreaker.

There's a few more things that I could say, but I think I've said enough as it is.

I definitely need a spinner and I think I might take donphan so thank you. Secondly I agree that keldeo should come aboard over gyarados. Thirdly I will change celebi's EVs tho not his move set. This may sound a bit weird but he makes hectik comebacks from being the last man standing. Heal Bell is really important for my team and their survivability. Celebi and its support set is what holds the team together (Celebi and the boiz). I submit that garchomp is better tho he can't ferrothorn slay with super power. Thankyou very much for advice and I think it will greatly benefit my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)