Celebi's Friends

Celebi's Friends

Brief Info

I always loved the Pokemon Celebi and I wanted to build a team around it. Problem is I didn't know how to go about it until I thought this up, and even then I'm not completely sure if it's the right way to go. Nonetheless, I'm proud of myself for coming up with this team.

The Team

Indepth Look

@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
Giga Drain
Baton Pass
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Fire]

The star of the team. Unlike most Celebi you usually see I opted for a full on offense set. This not only catches people by surprise, but also gives a sure way for Celebi to take out water types as well as a couple of its usual counters. Giga Drain is for the obvious STAB and helps Celebi recover from Life Orb damage while Baton Pass allows it to escape from Pursuit users. Earth Power allows it to counter Heatran who would otherwise wall Celebi to oblivion. Hidden Power Fire finishes off the set by hit Steel types hard as well as giving the pixie to a way to deal with Scisor. The EV spread and nature allow it to hit as hard as possible while also letting outrun certain threats. The rest went into health to give it extra bulk.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Volt Switch
Gyro Ball

Your average, day to day tank. Forretress' job is to obviously lay Stealth Rock while making sure that my field stays clear of any entry hazards. Nothing else to say really.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 184 SAtk / 72 HP
Timid Nature
Psyshock
Surf
Roost
Draco Meteor

My second special attacker. Latias is supposed to check anything that Celebi can't handle such as opposing Dragon and Fire types. Psyshock is to hit Pokemon who have weak defense like Blissey/Chansey, Surf hits Fire types, Roost keeps it healthy as well as let it recover from Life Orb damage, and Draco Meteor for a reliable STAB that hits like a truck.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Hidden Power [Fighting]

Espeon is an important member of the team as she passes Calm Minds to either Celebi or Latias allowing the two to sweep much easier. Psyshock once again targets those with weak defenses while HP Fighting allows her to hit Tyranitar hard. The EV spread allows Espeon to be as bulky as possible to make sure she gets a Calm Mind before passing it on.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
Volt Switch
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Hydro Pump

Rotom-Wash acts as the special tank of the team as well as the general counter to Fire types. This is your general set with Volt Switch and Hydro Pump for STAB, Pain Split to heal, and Will-O-Wisp to burn opposing physical Pokemon who may otherwise ruin Celebi's day. The EV spread allows Rotom to tank special attacks with little issue.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
ExtremeSpeed
Superpower

I needed a physical attacker for the team as it would otherwise be walled by special tanks like Blissey. With this in mind, I opted for Dragonite due to his tremendous attack and bulk. I opted for a Choice Band set so that Dragonite can hit as hard as possible. The set is what you generally see, though Dragon Claw was put over Outrage to prevent it from getting locked.

Final Look

Well that's my team. I hope you like that and that you'll give great advice in making this better.​

Your team looks good to me just a small nitpick,if you're using choice band on dragonite, why not use outrage? you're going to be locked on a move anyways. As a bonus you might be able to trick people into thinking you are using a different item :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)