Chandelure Fetish

So this is a team that I made because of the new changes where Donphan got pushed up, Swampert got pushed down, and Trick Room became viable in the UU tier with Bronzong.

With Kingdra still being a threat, Milotic and Swampert gaining popularity, and Bronzong being used by everybody, I had to revamp my strategy in Pokemon. Dark Flare wasn't going to cut it since Darmantian does zero shit to all of the water-type Pokemon in the game and because of Flygon running around. Bisharp was also predictable and always gets shot by Scald or burned by Will-O-Wisp. So I had two options: quit or adapt. I chose the latter.

The first Pokemon that came to mind when building a new team was Chandelure. I wanted to use Chandelure since fire-type Pokemon are good in the UU tier and because it handles water-type Pokemon quite well, despite being a flaming chandlier. I needed a second Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock and hit or stall quite well. I used Mew at first, but I took it off for Azelf since that guy is much more better. Then came the need for a revenge killer that wasn't a Darmantian. Who else but Quagmire Flygon. You know, I should have named my Flygon Quagamire, that would have been funny. Milotic was added because she is bulky as fuck and is one of my favorite Pokemon in the game. Hitmontop was added because it survives a lot of things with Intimidate, has Rapid Spin and Close Combat, and that massive HP.

Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 208 HP / 212 SAtk / 4 SDef / 84 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
One of the best Pokemon in UU. She destroys Bronzong so easily it is funny. Also, nobody ever seems to see that massive HP coming or the Substitute. By the way, I used to use Energy Ball over Substitute, until someone I was playing against online thought I had it (Substitute). I said no, and proceeded to beat him, but he did get me thinking (and the fact that I have not seen that many Pokemon like Swampert around) made me take Energy Ball out for Substitute. No regrets.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
Clears away Stealth Rock and any layer of Spike that way my Pokemon won't die. Hits very hard with Close Combat and Sucker Punch, while predictable with some, is very good. Toxic just helps get rid of stall.

Azelf @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
I was using Mew until someone trashed that Mew with his/her Azelf. So I decided to get my own Azelf and I have been very impressed with it. I took out the U-Turn for Knock Off since that move handles Dusclops very well. Psyshock smashes things and Stealth Rock helps me get in kills.

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 40 SAtk / 116 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Aromatherapy
A fucking monster in UU and is the reason why you should use a fire-type Pokemon. Setting up Spikes, absorbing Toxic Spike, with Sludge Bomb taking care of other grass-type. Roserade is pretty much a Pokemon toolbox and is very strong.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Recover
Milotic is just your bulky water-type that stalls with Scald, Toxic, and Recover. I took out the Ice Beam for Dragon Tail, but I may go back to using Ice Beam. We will just have to see since both moves are decent. Milotic is also easy to cover since Chandelure takes cares of fire-type Pokemon and Flygon covers and kills electric-type Pokemon.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
Best. Revenge. Killer. In. UU. Period.

Threat List
-Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl much more faster than Azelf and can wreck with Stone Edge and set up Stealth Rock quite easily.

-Roserade
The quickest way to kill is with Chandelure or weaken it and go for the kill with Flygon. Can smash my Pokemon easily with Giga Drain or Sludge Bomb and set up multiple layers of Spikes.

-Sableye
This dude trashes Hitmontop and sending in Chandelure to absorb the Will-O-Wisp is suicide if it also has Foul Play. Roserade is my quickest way of killing it besides Chandelure and Flygon puts in work if Will-O-Wisp misses.

-Victini
Azelf helps me take hits better if I can use Knock Off and get rid of the Choice Band. Chandelure pretty much trashes this guy and Flygon can kill it.

-Stoutland
So annoying and the only way to kill it is with Hitmontop. If I can get it burned though (through Will-O-Wisp or Scald), it is useless for my opponent, but that is it really.

-Flygon
Have to kill with my own Flygon and pray that my opponent is using a Flygon with a adamant nature. Predictions also help and Milotic can sponge hits and shoot back with Scald or Dragon Tail.

-Zapdos
If my Flygon is dead, I'm going to have a tough time dealing with this behemoth.

-Sharpedo and
-Yanmega
Speed Boost is annoying. Sharpedo is annoying, but can be destroyed by Flygon and killed by Roserade or Milotic. Yanmega is tough, but I can wall at least a Air Slash with Roserade.

So far, I've peaked 200, but I hope to go higher :)
And thanks for reading

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice team, I've got a few suggestions for you!

I love bulky Chandelure, I've used it quite a bit, and the results are satisfactory. The only thing I think you should change is its EV spread. With 84 Spe EVs, you can outspeed minimum Speed Roserade, and set up a Substitute / destroy it with Flamethrower. It's a small change but it should be very helpful.

Hitmontop also needs an EV change. I suggest 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with an Impish nature. Hitmontop has a great ability in Intimidate, which can be very helpful when combined with its typing. The reason for this is because without the Defensive EVs, strong physical attackers will have an easy time breaking through your team. With the more defensive EV spread I've given you, Hitmontop should have an easy time switching in on threats like CB Rhyperior, CB Escavalier, Choice Scarf Krookodile, and SD Cobalion. All of these Pokemon can cause massive damage to your team otherwise, and this should remedy that.

Roserade is awesome, but it really needs Rest over Aromatherapy. Sure, Aromatherapy is great, but Rest gives Roserade fantastic recovery when combined with Natural Cure, and you can just use Roserade as your status absorber anyway.

On Azelf, put U-turn back in over Knock Off. Sure, getting rid of Dusclops' Eviolite is ok, but if you think about it, it's just set up fodder for Roserade, who can switch in, set up Spikes, and Rest off the damage. Dusclops is also kind of uncommon, and U-turn will help give you momentum on Pokemon, which is useful, or switch out of danger (even on dusclops :3).

Milotic is really cool, although I'm going to suggest changing it to the Defensive set.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Grass / Dragon Tail
- Haze

Let me explain. You have no Steel-type Pokemon, and this helps you deal with physical attackers, namely Kingdra, much better. You can come in as they Dragon Dance, and just stop them with Haze. Sure, with your set, you could come in and just phaze them out with Dragon Tail as they phaze you out, but now you've lost a massive chunk of health, and they can just come in and do the same. Milotic can still take special attacks fairly comfortably, and you also have Roserade, who is a great special wall.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

I did most of your changes except the one where I change U-Turn for Knock Off, making Milotic more bulky defensively and into a male, and Rest over Aromatherapy.

I did your other changes though, thanks ^_^

i sugest u at least use hp fighting u cant realy on 2 pokes two kill one threat flygon and hitmontop r the only things stopping houndoom sweeping ur team dark fire walls ur chandure to death destory's azelf and roseade standard nasty plot set 2ohko milotic after one nasty plot lives any water type move thanks to its passcho berry and flygon and hitmontop can be handle by any half bulky water type such as milotic sucine with ice beam for flygon and can easily stall out hitmontop no matter what with recover and good resttalk sets but again mew there as back up as it movepool allows it to be any type of poke u want it to be bulky set up sweep revenge kill u turner volt switcher both sweep stallbreaker new sets always there to be discovered i sugest mabye nidoqueen r king for the surpporting role and gives u less weakess to houndoom and is more bulky as a whole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)