EVs: 144 HP / 108 Def / 224 Spd / 32 SDef
OR!!!!
EVs: 212 HP / 204 Def / 92 SDef - I kinda prefer being tough to fast
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Taunt
- Moonlight OR!!! Wish
Weren't expecting this, were you? Wish works better on the slow set as it makes a better wishpasser but I'm not sure which is best.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 16 Spd / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Recover
Essentially the 'second half' of Chaosbreon is a Perish Song/Recover Celebi. Heal Bell in case things get ugly with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 202 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar
- Surf
Once something with no phaze move is trapped, Cune has its fun getting +6/+6 and sweeping! Maybe. The EVs are just.. I basically don't know what I'm doing with them. Could use Spikes support, really...

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 48 Atk / 136 Def / 16 Spd / 104 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Return
See: Suicune +6/+6 (once Gengar/Skarmory/Aerodactlol is out of the way I hope!)

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
Again, I get time to use Agility before I decide to eradicate the trapped Pokemon.

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 142 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
Counters Heracross, Umbreon's worst enemy, and can also Dragon Dance happily against something harmless and sweep teams.

Right, now I'll quickly list the most common Pokémon and how this team handles them:
* Aerodactyl - Suicune/Metagross
* Blaziken - Suicune
* Blissey - Celebi/Metagross
* Breloom - Celebi
* Celebi - Celebi
* Dugtrio - Whatever resists its CBed move
* Dusclops - Celebi
* Gengar - Suicune
* Gyarados - Salamence although Taunt fucks me over on the pass
* Heracross - Salamence
* Jirachi - Celebi
* Jolteon - Snorlax
* Magneton - Snorlax
* Medicham - Salamence
* Metagross - Suicune
* Milotic - Snorlax
* Ninjask - Suicune
* Raikou - Snorlax/Celebi
* Regice - Metagross
* Salamence - Metagross can usually handle it but it is tough
* Sceptile - Celebi
* Skarmory - Multiple Suicune/Metagross Beatings
* Snorlax - Celebi
* Suicune - Celebi
* Swampert - Celebi
* Tyranitar - Celebi/Metagross
* Umbreon - Usually wait til it BPs so I BP to a counter
* Vaporeon - Snorlax or Celebi if it's haze
* Venusaur - Salamence/Celebi
* Weezing - Suicune
* Zapdos - Snorlax/Celebi

It does appear that Celebi does most of the work on this team, but really it is Salamence and Metagross who do the real killing. Once either of them gets a boost it is likely to sweep (if Skarmory is out of the way). Occasionally Suicune or Snorlax will be able to come in and set themselves up but it is a long and tedious process usually involving several Rests!

So, rate my team and help me out if you can, particularly with Umbreon & Suicune EVs

Um so once Dugtrio kills Celebi, don't you think you're pretty much weak to half the things you just listed? Perhaps you should actually ditch the Perish Song thing and go with an attack or something, because really, things that Umbreon can trap, are probably not that strong to begin with so you're better off attempting to sweep. Or I'd ditch the motherfucker completely. You don't have to counter everything if say you caught a Skarmory and BP to a TauntDDTar, who can easily get off +6 and even OHKO Swampert, get where I'm going?

You have a mild DragonDance Tyranitar weak especially with the 30% flinch rate on Suicune paired with spike support. Tauntrados can set up on half of your team.

I would also replace leech seed on Celebi with an attacking move like HP grass/psychic. Possibly bodyslam on snorlax to hopefully paralyze a gyrados.

Hope I kind of helped out.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So far I've experienced no problems with Dugtrio coming in on Celebi but tis a good point. The problem is that I am using Celebi as a defensive tank who can help out the whole team with the two support moves and still keep itself alive AND kill things. It really is key to my team!

What counters DDTar then? Swampert? I suppose I could replace Lax or Cune with CursePert... The problem with replacing Cune is that then I have 4 Physical attackers and no Special :/

Taunt DDTar soundsa very interesting, I've never really looking into TTar since I find it too slow but I agree that it shows much potential in my team.

I usually run Body Slam on Snorlax, so I'll change that now, thanks for noticing for me!

Any ideas for getting TTar or Swampert onto my team? I really like PS Celebi but I might try out a CM/SD + BP version... I suppose I could go for a hybrid Chaosbreon/BP team.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Swampert > Suicune and DDTar > Metagross? Swampert and DDTar are really good suggestions, because Skarmory and Metal Sound Magneton could be ass. Gengar over DDTar is probably better to trap and kill Skarmory and Heracross (Umbreon should be able to take a hit from it and then pass), because some Skarmories have lots of Speed invested to just lay down an extra spikes before Magneton brings it down and to Taunt / Toxic DDTars before they start setting up. You'd need to go Modest and max SpATk evs to OHKO on average with T-bolt. I prefer Moonlight on TauntUmbreon, because it's easier to pull off.

I like Psychic + Reflect on my Celebi... this really helps Perish Trapping against CBers and Curselaxes. Psychic is good to rid of things like Dugtrio, Heracross, Gengar, etc without the use of Perish Song.

taunt umbreon needs the speed, since the majority of pokemon with attacks that taunt effects should be slower than him.

Everything I think has been said.

Cel gets KOed, your done. Speed EVs on the Umber. Ditch L.Seed. Also, how can you replace Cel if he's Locked out of the battle.

I can't replace Cel for you; I have great fun playing an all Eevee team with Taunting Umber, but it gets it's @$$ kicked alot, so I don't know. Suicune come to mind, but so do alot of probs, so... I got nothing.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ok i am going to ignore the above post because it doesnt make any sense but:

I've replaced Cune with Pert. I also replaced Lax with TauntDDTar to deal with Skarmories. I still really want to use Metagross because it is just awesome..

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 32 Atk / 84 Def / 32 Spd / 72 SAtk / 48 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 148 HP / 116 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
taunt umbreon needs the speed, since the majority of pokemon with attacks that taunt effects should be slower than him.
Taunt Umbreon doesn't need any Speed, because the number 1 moves to Taunt are Roar and Whirlwind, which don't care about Umbreon's Speed.

I don't like Celebi here. I'd rather use another stat upper. Raikou (with something like Rest, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, HP Grass, and Timid is required), Jirachi, Gyarados (DD), Salamence (DD), and other Pokemon that can set up can go there. Basically, you can either set up a sweeper such that you 1-2HKO everything when set up, and have a team that can set up on anything, letting you KO as many as 6 Pokemon with a single trap, or you kill one Pokemon. If you really want to keep Celebi's walling abilities, then make it a Baton Passer and pass Swords Dances to Tyranitar or something (they cover each other's weaknesses nicely, with only Bug being the overlap, and only Steel and Ice having one be weak the other not resistant. In fact, Bug, Steel, Ice, Rock, and lol Dragon are the only types they don't resist).

For Snorlax (if you decide to put it back on the team), you really don't want to get a free +6 Curse against something like a Milotic only to not be able to hit Gengar at all. Consider Curse, Rest, Return, HP Steel. HP Steel will still easily OHKO Tyranitar after a few Curses, it hits Gengar and Dusclops, and Metagross will be 2HKOed by a powerful Return and won't do anything to you behind +6 Defense, even with Explosion (and if it Explodes, it doesn't matter what move you have).

Metagross isn't awesome. You trap something and all you get out of your work is +2 Speed Metagross? Doesn't seem like much of a payoff to me. Drop it for one of the above as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)