CHATTAHOOCHEE

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME

PROBS in this bitch, I'm bringing you my final and last RMT. Due to this game just being generally shit and luck based I can't really stand carrying on after the end of BW2 so I thought I'd post one of my favourite and well built teams to share with everyone to celebrate the end of the shit metagame BW2 has brought to us all. The names a follow up song to my last RMT 'Wakanda' which I thought was fitting as this is my 2nd BW2 RMT, Chattahoochee was the official Tomorrowland Anthem for 2013 (blah blah slate me on my music taste idg2f). I've given this team to a few people to help them in Ubers tournaments/tours and its always done very well, for me personally its gone 3-0. Ladder peaks are irrelevant as you all know etc, but first or w/e is enough

Seeing all the offensive and same old Deox-S/A suicide based teams I thought I'd give you all a 'breath of fresh air' in a more balanced RMT which is has been evolved over the period of a few months into this. Note I'm not saying this is an original rain balanced team but I'm just displaying a well built team which is beneficial to the community by showing you offence isn't the only viable play-style in BW2 as this team pretty much deals with most play styles very well (bar Donkey Gira-a stall which I will go to in more detail later).

---------------------------------------------

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
Alright, with it being a rain based team I obviously started off with Kyorge. People who know me normally know I'm more biased towards specs Kyorge over most forms of it but I needed a wall breaking set to pretty much clear paths and make dents for the Kabutops sweep late game. There's nothing different about this set compared to the normal standard set so there's not much point going into much detail about this.

EVS: Max Max

Water Spout - Highly powerful move which breaks alot of the special walls which people think they can switch in to this thing, bar Latias of course. It acts as the move which as I explained just simply cripples most common switch-ins to this thing.

Thunder - Standard Thunder on the whale, used to break down the walls which can cause trouble for this team just another coverage move really which is needed on a choiced set.

Ice Beam - Primary used to predict Lati/Dragon switch ins for this team serves a good way of breaking and whittling down Latias which is then forced to recovery as i can double switch to Genesect to regain momentum etc. This team struggles about breaking down Gira-A cores so its always good to get a hefty chunk on them.

Hydro Pump - I only use this over surf as I want to have a Clean 1 hit on things which can sometimes set up on surf or live with a little hp which could cause me problems as this team doesn't have spikes. Also another nice reason to use Hydro over Surf is having a nice 2 hit on Ferro after rocks (iirc don't count me on that I've forgotten all my calcs) PoverA bitch.

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Low Kick
After various testing on 'not as standard mons' I started to take a liking to Kabutops, its really threatening to offensive teams and its my answer to alot of things that can threaten this team by out-speeding and doing large chunks to general things this thing is so deadly late game, and is also my rapid spinner within reason of course as it can't take hits so I often have to predict when to spin etc.

EVS: Standard Kabutops EVS really just to maximise its attack and speed and to speed tie other Kabutops if it comes to it and hopefully pull through (lol@JollyKabutops).

Waterfall - Strong stab rain boosted etc does a hefty chunk to the majority of the meta game does like 50/55 to cm forms and also has a nice chance of flinching them.

Stone Edge - 2ndry stab just fits all the flying types another coverage move really to give it more chance of putting in work late game don't need to go into much detail just hits hard really.

Rapid Spin - As I mentioned this thing is pretty frail (on the specD side anyway) I only really rapid spin when I know I got the chance to or when I need hazards gone over having this thing to help my game plan on winning late game, just generally a nice option to have over something like SD or Aqua, its replaceable though but this team is abit weak to fat teams so that's the main reason I choose it.

Low Kick - The last of the 3 coverage moves this thing needs to be able to break down and dent stuff late game, once again I can't really remember many calcs off the top of my head but does a hefty chunk to things like Arceus Normal, Ferros and Dialgas. As the tier is generally just really fat its nice to get some good damage off with Kabutops sky high attack.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Roar
Standard SpecD Dialga is standard. Dialga being my favourite Pokemon of all time and fit well into the team when i tested it in the first stages of this team so it naturally earnt its place. Its my normal switch in for the special attackers in the tier within reason of course.

EVS: Standard SpecD Dialga set really I've just given it abit of a speed creep and gave it modest to do more general damage to things.

Stealth Rock - The rocks user of the team building putting pressure on the opponents switching during the game etc, I don't need to explain Stealth Rocks to you guys.

Thunder - My main check to things like CM Kyorge or Bulky Kyroge sets to try and whittle down the opponents team also nice to use as a last ditch attempt to para stuff if i feel like being a (BAN ME PLEASE) and trying my luck. Also nice to have to pick off weakened ho-ohs in rain.

Draco Meteor - Powerful stab pretty self explanatory, also this is my best way of taking out things like Gira-A which threatens this team with stacks of hazards up so Kabutops can get a chance to spin. This just generally hits things hard and with Dialga huge bulk just threatens things like Palkia or Lati which can be annoying to this team to switch out or just simply die (obviously Lati has to be weakened to around 65-70 first).

Roar - The One of my two phazing moves on this team helps me phaze stuff which can threaten this team if they try and set up and whilst having hazards up its nice to get residual damage on stuff which want to switch in to only get phazed out.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 136 Spd
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
Another nice backbone to this balanced rain team, my choice fighting/normal switch in and also my Ground resistance/immunity as having two ground weak mons and no levitate is just plain retarded. People who know me know I've biased towards the Sub Shuffling set and yeh. This is another awnser I have to fat stall s they most of the time struggle to break this thing down without taking alot of residual damage from rocks and sub/se moves as this thing has pretty nice coverage.

EVS: This is the standard spread for SUB Shuffle but I've just given it a stupid amount of speed as I'm always cautious about getting outsped by things around this tier like; Groudon, other Giratinas, Dialga (defensive veriants), Tentacruels etc.

Substitute - I feel like this things gotten more and more common on this set as people are starting to realise how deadly this thing is under a sub as you're forced to break it and at the same time you're guna take a nice chunk from the impressive base attack stat that this thing holds, also a nice way of blocking status moves etc. Just generally can get a sub on alot of defensive things and outspeed them with phazing moves as i run alot of speed on this thing for things like; Groudon, other Giratinas (both forms)

Dragon Tail - My 2nd phaxzing move on this team and powerful stab as I explained in the paragraph above helps me just phaze stuff for residual damage with stealth rocks and not many mons want to take a 60bp stab moves from its high attack and with all the dragons running around able to break the sub as alot of cores have trouble breaking this thing they just generally can get hit for a large amount of hp in the process.

Earthquake - Now standard on the sub shuffling set its primerally used to kill stuff like Tentacruel as I can have problems with standard fast rain stall, which think they can spin or stats this thing once i get a sub up on them they are threatened out or just straight up want to die from an EQ, also with my speed EVS you can outspeed 'most' Dialga sets and do a clean 50-55% on the max hp SpecD sets like mine.

Shadow Sneak - My only form of priority on this team and a nice stab attack which can pick off very weakened mons which would outspeed this thing, also gets a nice chunk on stuff like Arceus Ghosts which can threaten me late game if I don't decide to phaze them then after rocks iirc you can revenge with Kabutops (Don't count me on that). Also its always nice doing a clean 50/55% on stuff like Mewtwo, prevents Doex-S setting up spikes which can be a problem to this team.

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stone Edge
I'm not taking credit for this set as you all know Donkey came up with this on his RMT a few months ago. Its a set that pretty much fucks up Sun by itself its absolutely great and It's turnt into one of my favourite least standard sets, I honestly don't know why its not used more. This set is pretty much the backbone of this team and holds it together like glue. its my choice physical attacker check on the team and it takes fits for days, also as everyone spams the shit set SD Arceus its a nice switch in/check to this common form.

EVS: EVS used on this set are to maximise its bulk as a physically defensive wall and the speed is to outspeed stuff like Kyreum-W and Jolly Rayquaza

Judgement - Obvious stab, my team can have trouble with certain steel types so this is a great switch in for most of them and a nice way to break down cores for this team.

Toxic - This is beautiful on a set like this it lures in alot of Arceus Ghosts and other CM forms thinking they can beat it 1on1 but they end up getting heavily crippled etc. This is just a generally nice last ditch attempt to try and beat things that will give the team trouble during the game as they don't really expect toxic it can hamper them putting the poke on a limited timescale

Recover - As this mon is serving the purpose of a wall its always nice to have recovery..

Stone Edge - This is the perfect set to Lure out ho-oh as most people think they can just simply switch it in without any problems and they end up getting fucked in the process you don't even need to predict the switch in half the time as they always think you're guna switch out and 99% of the time you're guna outspeed (lol@scarfHo-Ohs). Theres not really much other purpose to using this for the team its just a nice Lure as I can have problems with Ho-oh if Sun if up.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 228 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
Physical Genesect has turned into the standard Genesect so I won't need to go into great detail about this mon for you guys as you all pretty much know everything about it. But this is my choice of scarfer for the team, it fits well as without it i have a glearing weakness to mons such as; 3 attacks Latias/os, Mewtwo (if the wrong switches were made), Darkari (only when Arceus Fighting is weakened) and DD Rayqueza. It just generally fits well also gives the team a semi Dragon switch in but within reason of course. Its also a good last ditch attempt to counter CM Arceus forms which could be a problem late game by the godness of #piface #flinching.

EVS: My Gensect EVS aren't really much different from standard but are a little stange. Obivous max attack to maximise the damage output, speed is enough to outspeed Ray at +1 or Kyreums which are also using a choice scarf using its item choice scarf.. HP and SpecA evs are just simply dumped there to give it bulky the 4 specA evs are so that I have an odd number of hp so more Stealth Rock switch ins etc

U-Turn - Powerful Stab which causes me to get momentum if played right by threatening alot of mons out, also a good way of scouting for the team

Iron Head - 2ndry stab for this mon no really used much bar vs Kyurem W etc. Also if it comes to it a last ditch attempt on flicnhing CM Forms as at +1 they gtive this thing +1 attack so doing a nice 40% with a 30% chance to flinch isn't that bad, but as I said thats a last ditch attempt to deal with the situation. Moves not really used if I don't get +1 as its weak as fuck and can be set up fodder

Ice Beam - Only used to revenge stuff like Rayquaza and Chomper as its pretty weak and lacks stab so can easily be set up fodder for other mons, sometimes used to pick stuff off like weakened Lugia and stuff weak to Ice which are low

Explosion - Not really used much as I like to keep Genesect alive, can't really explain when to use it you just know when the right time is or if you need to get a hefty chunk on something which can threaten you late game. Could be replaced by something like Sleep Talk.

-

So yeh that's the team, I've used this team too much and now I'm RMT'ing it I'm not using it anymore hence why I'm showing it to you guys, my thought process is that by giving a less offensive RMT it will show you guys that balance isn't as dead as you all think it is, it just takes the right team structure.

Weaknesses:

Giratina-A fat stall like; Chansey, Kyorge, Skarm, Grassceus-Ground, Gira-A and Tentacruel - Is probably your worst match-up not much you can do if they manage to get spikes and rocks up expect play around it, you're just normally always at a disadvantage unless they stupdily go Chansey on Kyorge

Zekrom; Pretty annoying as you have to predict the right moves and set or you get fucked

Sun HO/w - Darkari, Raquaza, Ghostceus; Core can be a massive bitch with hazards up but it depends on how you play really

Specs Kyorge; Everything 2 hit w/ rocks up

Sun Mewtwo w/ Fire Blast; You do need to scout for fire blast for Sun Mewtwos or you're fucked

Little palkia weak but w/e sry its not got a blob or arceus grass..

I'll add more if i cba..

-

Shoutouts;

IDM - Luck, CTC, Hugo, Edgar, Marth, Blim, Blunder, Cased and the rest of you
PO (BAN ME PLEASE) - For being ass
Smogon - Some of you are alright
DRACOMASTERS - Dominant group of users and your reign will never end!!!!

-
Importable - Leave any comments or questions and I will get back too you..
Kyogre @ Choice Specs

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Water Spout

- Thunder

- Ice Beam

- Hydro Pump

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Waterfall

- Stone Edge

- Rapid Spin

- Low Kick

Dialga @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder

- Draco Meteor

- Roar

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef / 136 Spd

- Substitute

- Dragon Tail

- Earthquake

- Shadow Sneak

Arceus-Fighting @ Fist Plate

Trait: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Judgment

- Toxic

- Recover

- Stone Edge

Genesect @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Download

EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 228 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Ice Beam

- Explosion

p.s; fuk mons gg

Last edited:
Standard rate pointing the obvious lack of a Specs Kyogre switch in, nice team tho, always loves to see support Fightceus :]

Bryce

Lun
Nice to see your good old specs ogre kabutops team as a RMT.Pretty much a very efficient team.Avoiding the full stall weakness is pretty hard when building balance without a dedicated stall breaker.One thing that sticks out is how easily Ferrothorn can set up hazards on a big portion of your team.Of course Kabutops might pull of a spin if you can constantly outplay your opponent,while it is possible,I don't think it is something that should be relied on.I think may be Magic coat over Sub or Fire Blast over Thunder on Dialga (even though a Rain team) should come in handy.

Finally,come back to mons for XY :c

I also built a team a while back with the same Specs ogre/Special Gene/Gira-O/Kabutops core but I built it with Heatran/Arceus-Grass instead of Dialga/Arceus-Fight. I wanted an offensive version of the rain heatran team I used in SPL, and Heatran/Arceus-Grass complements the core's weaknesses very well. The duo destroys both sun and rain offense.

Since I'm also done with pokemon here is my importable for anyone curious to test it: http://pastebin.com/7XJBjXaj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)