ORAS UU Cheap Thrills

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hello everyone. I am user: Wanka and I am here to share my UU RMT. I have been playing a lot of UU recently since the tier has taken a turn for the better with some recent bans. This team in particular has been my favorite team I've built not only in post sala meta but it a decent while as well. I have also been debating on some team changes so since I couldn't make up my mind I thought I'd bring it here to see if I could find the golden suggestion to make the team better. Also, s/o to Donphantastic for getting me back into UU and always building with me and helping me with sets. Lets get into it.​
The main wincon I wanted to build around was HC aerodactyl because I wanted to see how it would do in the meta. I ended up changing around the set because HC was too situational for me.

celebi is such a splashable mon and its a very low risk high reward pokemon in UU. It helps vs stall and it generally is just a very good wincon to add to most teams if you don't have one already.

Probably my favorite mon on the team. Bulky arcanine is a really cool anti meta mon that ppl tend to play carelessly around. Overally nice support for the team.

Most certainly biased when I say this but imo sylv + krook is the most effective offensive core in UU rn. They compliment each other so nicely and can break down lots of cores when played well.

I don't really like using forry because I don't like how passive it is but it fits pretty well. Provides spin support, an aero check, and spikes to stack hazards with krook.

Squad:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

As I said in the TB process, I originally started off with HC + 3 attacks aero. I didn't really like how situational it was though and I my backbone is pretty weak to krookodile so I took off HC and put on aqua tail to revenge it and / or lure it a lot easier. Aero is just really nice against offense overall so not having HC isn't a big deal. I have NP celeb + krooksylv to take on bulkier teams anyways. This is definitely a set I'd be willing to change if someone suggests something tht would support the team better. It's job is usually the same though so my indecisiveness about the set hasn't been an issue yet.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

NP celebi is such a good mon rn and theres is almost no risk in using it on a lot of teams so I thought I'd take that notion literally and add it to mine. It's a pretty straight forward set as it does well vs slower balance teams and stall. I'm running Dgleam to hit drei as I have krookodile that can potentially trap things like bronzong, doublade, and metagross that would normally wall me. shadow ball or E power could be used in its slot to ease prediction against those mons but I'll take having to rely on krook against those mons if it means I can beat the most threatening mon in UU.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

My favorite mon on the team by far and one of my favorite in UU overall. Specially Defensive Arcanine is such an annoying mon for opposing teams to go up against. It walls a good amount of offensive threats that would bone me otherwise like cobalion, infernape, entei, metagross, timid scpetile and probably some others but those are some off the top off my head. To add on to it being able to take on some threats to my team, it also is very nice to have against balance teams as it can spread status very easily which helps break down teams to make aero and celebi more threatening. I can even take on bulky waters not named suicune for a few turns since the spD investment helps me not get 2hkod by scalds across the tier. I can status them, heal a few times and then switch out. It isn't overly passive either as flare blitz can clean up weakened foes in a pinch. It's also stops sableye from spamming willo against my whole team.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Another mon that there is just no good reasons not to use. I'm so happy this thing finally dropped as it along with celeb have that low risk high reward trait. I've never used anything but specs so my brain inherently told me to just slap the glasses on it and call it a day. I have however been recently debating that bulky wish might be a better option though. HV is so good late game and the pressure it brings to opponents lets me grab momentum quite easily in the early stages of a battle. It also enhances the matchup against stall and it along with krook can take down lots of cores that have things like zong or metagross for a sylv check. But yeah I'd defo be willing to hear reasoning as to why bulky wish might be better.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

I said hydrei is the most threatening mon in UU but my personal opinion says krookodile is the best mon in UU atm. I'm 100% biased but krook has been doing wonders for me lately and its just so splashable and can support a team so nicely. I originally had it with CB but I think krook finds more opportunities to set up rockssince I like having forry focus more on keeping rocks off rather than having to focus more on getting them up. Krook also helps me take on things like entei better and SD lucario. Pursuit can trap things like bronzong, metagross, and doublade that want to stay healthy to check sylveon and celebi.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

To round off the squad I tossed on forretress for hazard control, an aero check and potential hazard stack support with krookodile already having rocks. It also helps me think I can check mamo but that things busted anyways so ill take having celebi as my revenge killer instead. People tend to play mamo shitty early game instead of saving it anyways so I'm usually ok against it. But yeah forry's job is also pretty simple. Slow turn is also really nice to nab momentum to get sylveon or krookodile in as well.

Threats

Opposing krookodile can be pretty annoying to battle against as forry doesnt really check it that well so it can break down my backbone. This is one of the reasons ive been debating about switching to bulky sylv.

DD can sweep if you play poorly around it but it's overall threatening as well and you'll prolly end up sacking a mon or two. SD is more easily dealt with. Good thing not many ppl use this anymore.

Aero can outspeed it at +1 and as long as you have rocks up it wont be getting to +2 very easily. Still a threat though since it takes advantage of any misplay.

This things busted.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-410001283
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-409298263
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-409289117
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-407038866

Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Mono: Balto Sabella Paleo Eien iVid. lol wtf am I doing fuck the woa meanies.

UU: Thisbemyalt Donphantastic Pak (top 1 doubles) GrilledClawitzer TSR Amaroq Lixx Accelgor (gunna miss you buddy ;_;) r0ady DrReuniclus Shiba and s/o to the rest of IW. soz if i missed anyone. fuck i forgot my best friend YABO. <3 u james

PU: lone PU buddy MaroGod

Hope you guys like it n_n.

Last edited:
Really looking team, overall. Sylv+Celeb are rly good together, (admittedly I run BP Celeb but the idea is the same). That being said, I would recommend you go with bulky wish Sylv. It helps give your team a lot more longevity, especially considering you've skipped recovery on celeb and maero. Plus, forre is easily worn down and your team isn't a huge fan of hazards. TSpikes Tenta with HP fire could do a number on you (idk how much it does to forre off the top of my head and I'm on mobile). A nido with fire coverage would be trouble 100%. Arcanine especially doesn't wanna be poisoned bc you rely on it to check a lotta stuff. Wish support helps forre stay alive which is rly key, plus it give support to the rest of your team as well. Heal Bell is also an option you might wanna consider. I can't post the set rn bc I'm on mobile but you could run pixie plate to bluff specs. Or just be normal and run lefties w e

Vague

Banned deucer.
This is a nice team and there isn't much that can be changed, but a different Forretress set of 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD with an Impish Nature would be more optimal to function as an all around good buffer to a wider range of threats and not drop to nearly any special attack. Also serves as a better Noivern check if you don't overpredict into a Flamethrower.

Another thing would be dropping either Toxic or Will-O-Wisp on Arcanine for Roar. Roar is really nice for forcing out things like Gyarados or Feraligatr thinking they've just got a free turn and it works insanely well with the little hazard stack core you've got going. I especially think you should consider this suggestion since Defensive Sylveon would be a nice addition for this team overall.

All in all, nice team.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there Wanka your team is pretty solid from the looks of it. However, the weaknesses you pointed out are ones that, in the current metagame, are hard to have for a team to be as effective as it should be. For that reason, I have some suggestions to help you out, so let's get to it.
  • First off, this team screams pure offense and as such Pokemon such as Forretress seem out of place. While I agree that it gives you an Aero check, you can play around it with Krookodile for the most part. Forretress also sucks quite a bit of momentum from the team since, despite having access to Volt Switch, it can't do much to Krookodile or your threatlist in general and as such can give the Water-types, Gyarados and Feraligatr, potential setup opportunities to sweep. For this reason, Tentacruel > Forretress can prove to be a better asset to the team. The offensive set provides a way to "lure" in Krookodile and Mamoswine, another big threat to your team that you forgot to mention, and OHKO them with Hydro Pump. A cool tech option is Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam since Ice Beam isn't as necessary with Salamence recently getting booted and Grass-types / Hydreigon being taken care of by the rest of the team. Toxic Spikes particularly helps the team break through more bulkier builds and wear them down a lot quicker.

Tentacruel @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Acid Spray
- Ice Beam / Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
  • The other change I had in mind was Entei > Arcanine as Arcanine isn't as needed to check the threats you listed such as Cobalion and Infernape since Tentacruel can check them by lieu of its typing. Furthermore, defensive Arcanine isn't the best fit for such an offensive team since it severely slows it down and can lose momentum a lot easier. Entei, however, can pressure the opponent by spreading burns as well as serving as a physical wallbreaker to power through the opponent and allow Celebi to set up and win or for Mega Aerodactyl to clean.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Other than that, this team looks like really solid. Hope I helped! n_n

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a pretty nice team. I don't play UU that much but I think that I can still help with a rate. I will just rate on your current Pokemon instead of telling you replacements. That way, if my changes don't work on your Pokemon, than you can safely swap out for other suggested ones. (Please tell me where you got those sprites for your threatlist :))

I feel that Aerodactyl can use some tweaking. First off, Aerial Ace > Wing Attack. Aerial Ace and Wing Attack both have the same power and both benefit from Tough Claws, but Aerial Ace never misses. It's best just change it to Aerial Ace so you don't get into weird situations with accuracy (it could happen, it's Pokemon). I would also replace Aqua Tail with another move. Aqua Tail is used just to hit Ground types, including Krookodile, and you said you like having Aqua Tail because you can revenge-kill Krookodile. However, Aqua Tail doesn't guarantee an OHKO, and if you miss Krookodile can then OHKO you with Stone Edge. Your Celebi is faster than Krookodile and does 83-98% with Giga Drain. Therefore, Celebi should be the one revenge-killing Krookodile, not Aerodactyl. In regards to other Ground types, Nidoking and Nidoqueen take basically the same damage from Earthquake, and Aerodactyl shouldn't be your Mamoswine check. Therefore, you can replace Aqua Tail with Roost for more longevity.

Your Celebi is fine. Consider Life Orb for more damage and Recover for healing. I don't have any experience with this Arcanine set but Roar can be used to phase out set-up sweepers since having Will-O-Wisp and Toxic might be unnecessary.

For Sylveon, HP Fire > Shadow Ball. HP Fire allows you to hit Forretress and other Steel types which would otherwise seriously wall/threaten you. Shadow Ball really only hits Bronzong and Metagross but HP Fire hits these for super-effective as well. Also put those 4 EVs somewhere, it's bothering me. More explained last paragraph.

There's no reason to be running Dread Plate on Krookodie. Life Orb > Dread Plate because it boosts your other attacks as well. However, I think that Choice Band is the best option because this set destroys everything. Alternatively, Choice Scarf can be used to outspeed Mega-Aerodactyl, Celebi, etc. and revenge kill them. If you do run choice scarf, then Moxie is the optimal ability here. Also, since with Choice Band on, Stealth Rocks become useless. So Stone Edge > Stealth Rocks to revenge kill Mega Aero and stuff.

Since we got rid of rocks on Krookodile, Stealth Rocks > Spikes on Forretress, unless you want to keep spikes. Also, although overcoat might seem useful for Forretress, it really only helps with Sleep Powders, so Sturdy > Overcoat to guarantee hazards.

As far as the bulky Sylveon and threats go, I have some things to say. First off, Banded Krookodile can OHKO Mega-Aero with Stone Edge and can OHKO Celebi with Knock Off. Also, Scarf Krookodile won't be revenge-killed because it outspeeds your whole team, and Stone Edge and Knock Off do 91% to Aero and 93% to Celebi, respectively. Also, Mega-Aero doesn't have Roost (I suggest you put in it), and Celebi doesn't have Recover, so I highly suggest that bulky Sylveon is better for your team. This is because you don't have a Krookodile check. Aqua Tail on Aero is unreliable and Giga Drain on Celebi doesn't OHKO unless you're at +2, while Krookodile can OHKO both of them. With Bulky Sylveon, you can reliably check Krookodile because you still OHKO it with Hyper Voice. Also, scarf Krook 3HKOs you, and banded Krook 2HKOs you, so you can safely Wish/Protect stall.

sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

But that's my rate. Sorry if it was too long, but hopefully I helped!
aerodactyl-mega.gif

Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

arcanine.gif

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic/Roar
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp/Roar

sylveon.gif

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Baton Pass

krookodile.gif

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

forretress.gif

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)