Sashimi
Kingdra
Modest @ Haban berry. Swift swim
140 HP, 252 S.ATK, 116 SPEED
-Ice Beam
-Yawn
-Surf
-Rain dance

Lead. Yawn if the opposing lead is likey to setup. throw Rain dance up on the turn they switch/get knocked asleep. and/or beat down with surf, namely Bronzong, Sandstreamers and dragons. Yawn also acts as a lure to bring dragons types to my Ice beam, The berry allows him to live through at least 1 dragon attack where he can counter w/ Ice beam and KO them or KO them before they can launch a 2nd dragon attack. Water types can wall him but yawn can phaze them out as well. I call him "Haban-dra"

Anise
Mismagius
Modest @ Focus sash. Levitate
52 HP, 200 DEF, 152 S.ATK, 104 SPEED
-Skill Swap
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting) 55-56 Base Power

Annoyer and part spec. sweeper , Skill swap is useful as it can throw back a intimidate, Type absorbs, speed boost, Tokekiss's grace, Blissey's Natural cure, Swift Swim and Sand veil (Against Weather teams). Ghost/Fight holds no resistances so she can deal decent damage to all but Normal/Flying, Skarms and S.walls. Can effectively stall out most blisseys, as well as steal/use natural cure.

The Chef
Alakazam
Timid @ Life Orb. Inner focus
252 S.ATK, 220 SPEED, 38 HP
-Psychic
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute

To me this Alakazam doesn't have HP, it has a countdown meter. Use sub if the opponent is likely to switch out or to scout. Sub also blocks sucker punch users that totally counter her. Also since sub walls status I took inner focus to prevent fake out flinch. Works best in 3 vs. 3 but even on 6 vs. 6 with weather and rocks/spikes in play she can sweep up quite well.

Garlic
Drapion
Adamant @ Black Sludge. Battle armor
138HP 252 ATK 40DEF 80S.DEF
-Fire fang
-EQ
-Crunch
-Acupressure

Wild card! XD Acupressure can turn him into a Sweeper(atk/spd), Phsy wall(def), tank(s.def), or 40% evasion rate(evasion). (apparenly acupressure is legal in evasion clause) S.atk and accuracy(for the most part) are duds which give acupressure a 72% rate to boost a used stat. once a stat is risen strategy will change. Gaining Mismagius's levatiate in doubles gives him no weakness as well as acupressure can boost allies stats. Fire fang is there cover forry and scizor since my team lacks any other fire move. Ice fang may be used as well, however Ice is mostly good for grounds that switch in, which a little to risky for drapion to stay in and take STAB EQs.

Sage (goes in every field)
Hitmonchan
Adamant @ Expert Belt. Iron fist
252 ATK, 200 HP, 56DEF
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Agility

Agility then use CC or Boltbeam punch if they resist fighting or are 2x or 4x weak to ice/electric. Stab CC does the same as a 2x boosted punch, but the punches can give status and don't drop his defenses. High S.def allows him to soak a special attack or non-stab psychic, giving an ideal time to agility. Grand type coverage but can be walled by forretress, shedinja and some scizor.

Yogurt
Miltank
Serious @ Thick fat. Leftovers
252 HP, 204 S.DEF, 52 ATK,
-EQ
-Rock slide
-Milk drink
-Heal bell
Mil-Tank. meant to come in and heal bell if need be, ground/rock gives good move coverage as well as it's speed can make use of flinch. Milk drink off damage and switch out when there's a good opening. I'm gonna re-breed for an Impish nature once I can obtain another rock slide TM...

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So basically, you want to get 6-0'd by any random threat that gets a chance to set up! And some threats, like Gengar, doesn't even need to set up to completely sweep you over, considering you are running a team of really frail critters.... with little knowledge of competitive Pokemon

Seriously. Why run Rain Dance on Kingdra when it's the only thing on your team that benefits from it? Especially with YAWN. Why would it run yawn? If you set up rain dance, aren't you going to try to sweep? or is it a clever ruse? It's not going to work... Skill Swap on Mismagius? It doesnt throw back Intimidates.... not that Mismagius has any business switching in on mence or Gyarados anyway. Maybe Arcanines or something.... but Skill Swapping Intimidate doesnt work *anyway* considering Intimidate is triggered when you switch in.

Basically - I don't think you're ready to build a team of your own yet. Lurk around! Look at some of the successful teams run by prominent users and try their team out, see how they work, learn a bit more about competitive Pokemon, and then try again. I'd be more than happy to rate your team then!

So basically, you want to get 6-0'd by any random threat that gets a chance to set up! And some threats, like Gengar, doesn't even need to set up to completely sweep you over, considering you are running a team of really frail critters.... with little knowledge of competitive Pokemon

Actually I've been on the competitive for some time, Yes I've noticed status leads are a problem, heal bell helps but perhaps a lum on kingdra...

Seriously. Why run Rain Dance on Kingdra when it's the only thing on your team that benefits from it? Especially with YAWN. Why would it run yawn?

A rather different way to phaze yes, but it does work surprisingly. Status coming from kingdra is not something many users will predict. As well as it completely ruins BPers like ninjask and celebii. The team benefits from rain dance by removing damaging weather leads such as sandstorm and hail, namely for mismagius and alakazam.

If you set up rain dance, aren't you going to try to sweep? or is it a clever ruse? It's not going to work...

It's to sweep gaining both 2x speed and 1.5 bonus to Surf.

Skill Swap on Mismagius? It doesnt throw back Intimidates.... not that Mismagius has any business switching in on mence or Gyarados anyway. Maybe Arcanines or something.... but Skill Swapping Intimidate doesnt work *anyway* considering Intimidate is triggered when you switch in.

Why don't you try it yourself, it does throw back intimidate as the effect is renewed when mismagius gains it. please research before saying something doesn't work.

Basically - I don't think you're ready to build a team of your own yet. Lurk around! Look at some of the successful teams run by prominent users and try their team out, see how they work, learn a bit more about competitive Pokemon, and then try again. I'd be more than happy to rate your team then!

Standard OU is standard. people expect the same move from the same pokes, it's got old about 6 months ago. Doing something unexpected especially well can the key to success against those who run the same o'. Also it makes for quite fun battles against those who play unique.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, if you have been competitive for some time, this team does a really poor job showing it! The fact that you are going out of your way to "play unique" and avoiding "OUs" probably means that you aren't competitive at all, especially since that attitude got old ages ago!

Pray tell what is your plan on dealing with Gyarados, or Salamence, or Gengar. Gyarados gets a DD, 6-0s your team. Specsmence picks off your team one by one, or gets a DD and 6-0s your team. Gengar Subs, Hypnosis, and Shadowball/Focus Blast destroys your entire team considering your team is slower than it save Kazam.

Skill Swap Intimidate? I don't care if it works with Skill Swap. WHAT WILL IT INTIMIDATE ON. Gyarados/Salamence can KO it with ease - the only "intimidate" you will be throwing back is..... Arcanine who might still maul you, or Staraptor, who can Pursuit you anyway and you wasted a turn doing it! Seriously, you gain NOTHING from running skill swapping and hoping for intimidates since that is situational and even then it does not work and you'll be KO'd promptly. Don't even get me started on your other movesets.

This isn't a team, this is just 6 gimmicks thrown together hoping that it will do well, with perhaps some respect to typing which doesnt matter anyway since there isn't any useful resistances or immunities. If you think that you are still "competitive"... well then I wouldn't expect any "useful" rates for your team... considering the team is pretty hopeless and you need an attitude change.

First of all, As Tangerine said, Skill Swap has NO USE. It's completely useless in OU and basically gives the opponent a chance to set up on you.

On Alakazam, why run Substitute? In fact, why even USE Alakazam?
Deoxys-Speed Is Much Stronger, Faster, and does everything better than Alakazam.

Switch out Mismagius, as it's doing absolutely nothing. Spiritomb does things much better, and Dusknoir does more also.

Basically, this team would get crushed by any team. If you still don't get this, then i'll give you a few threats.

Gyarados- After one DD Completely Sweeps the Team.

Gengar- Hypnosis, Then throws up sub. Can Safely Sweep.

Yanmega- Because of speed boost, still faster than Kingdra after rain dance. Can hypnosis before kingdra can yawn, and proceed to sweep.

Tyranitar- After One DD completely sweeps team.

Metagross- Even the Support Version would KO the team.

Infernape- Destroys every member with ease

You should completely redo the team. Any OU, UU, or BL team would sweep.

Actually I've been on the competitive for some time, Yes I've noticed status leads are a problem, heal bell helps but perhaps a lum on kingdra...

Seriously. Why run Rain Dance on Kingdra when it's the only thing on your team that benefits from it? Especially with YAWN. Why would it run yawn?

A rather different way to phaze yes, but it does work surprisingly. Status coming from kingdra is not something many users will predict. As well as it completely ruins BPers like ninjask and celebii. The team benefits from rain dance by removing damaging weather leads such as sandstorm and hail, namely for mismagius and alakazam.

If you set up rain dance, aren't you going to try to sweep? or is it a clever ruse? It's not going to work...

It's to sweep gaining both 2x speed and 1.5 bonus to Surf.

Skill Swap on Mismagius? It doesnt throw back Intimidates.... not that Mismagius has any business switching in on mence or Gyarados anyway. Maybe Arcanines or something.... but Skill Swapping Intimidate doesnt work *anyway* considering Intimidate is triggered when you switch in.

Why don't you try it yourself, it does throw back intimidate as the effect is renewed when mismagius gains it. please research before saying something doesn't work.

Standard OU is standard. people expect the same move from the same pokes, it's got old about 6 months ago. Doing something unexpected especially well can the key to success against those who run the same o'. Also it makes for quite fun battles against those who play unique.
By now everyone should have heard about MasterChief and his gloomy, pudibund catch-phrases. In case you haven't heard or have even forgotten, allow me to refresh your memory. Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of MasterChief. Even if crafty couch potatoes join his band with the best of intentions, they will still scorn and abjure reason in a matter of days. Not all, I hasten to add, do join with the best of intentions.

This is a very real and serious concern. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that sane and bright minds turn into quivering wrecks upon contact with the madness that lies in his sadistic cop-outs? The best answer comes from MasterChief himself. That is, if you pay careful attention to his malignant, noxious pronouncements you'll unquestionably notice that MasterChief believes that everyone who doesn't share his beliefs is a violent psychic deserving of death and damnation. The real damage that this belief causes actually has nothing to do with the belief itself, but with psychology, human nature, and the skillful psychological manipulation of that nature by MasterChief and his feckless trained seals. Should we blindly trust such irritable dissemblers? Forgive me if I ramble; I'm really upset, as I think you can tell. It's fine to realize that MasterChief is bent on smearing and defaming me, but it's more important to know that one can usually be pretty sure when MasterChief's lying. Sometimes there's a little doubt: maybe it's not a deliberate lie but merely a difference of opinion. But when MasterChief claims that he has the mandate of Heaven to reduce social and cultural awareness to a dictated set of guidelines to follow, there's no room for ambiguity: he's lying.

It may seem at first that nobody ever went broke underestimating MasterChief's intelligence. When we descend to details, however, we see that if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that he has compiled an impressive list of grievances against me. Not only are all of these grievances completely fictitious, but some day, MasterChief's lackadaisical toadies may ask you why you think it's a good idea to carve solutions that are neither bilious nor nasty. If you're too stunned to answer immediately they'll answer for you, probably stating that MasterChief was chosen by God as the trustee of His wishes and desires. You should therefore be prepared to tell these improvident carpetbaggers that MasterChief's like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Pull back the curtain of totalitarianism and you'll see a cold-blooded, acrimonious kleptomaniac hiding behind it, furiously pulling the levers of Bulverism in a merciless, sick attempt to create a system of interdenominationalism characterized by confidential files, closed courts, gag orders, and statutory immunity. That sort of discovery should make any sane person realize that MasterChief would have us believe that the sky is falling. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But MasterChief may be surrounded by brainless, abominable libertines who parrot the same nonsense, which is why he keeps saying that he can change his deluded ways. For some reason, MasterChief's underlings actually believe this nonsense. With this letter, I hope I have made my views clear: MasterChief is living in cloud-cuckoo-land.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)