1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Chikorita (Cleric)

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by Charmander, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hi I made a team with EM and I made him let us use it so we did and it CRUSHES.

[​IMG]
    Chikorita

[SET]
    name: Cleric
    move 1: Aromatherapy
    move 2: Giga Drain
    move 3: Toxic
    move 4: Synthesis
    item: Eviolite
    nature: Calm
    evs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Using its exceptional bulk, great defensive movepool, and useful defensive typing, Chikorita is a wall very hard to tear down. Using Aromatherapy, Chikorita can remove status from its whole team, proving effective on stall teams and hyper offense teams that are scared of paralysis. Excellent Grass typing in tandem with Aromatherapy allows Chikorita to wall and defeat common offensive and defensive threats, namely Slowpoke, Staryu, Chinchou, Diglett, Drilbur, and Hippopotas. It also can spread status in the form of Toxic, which is beneficial for teams with a plethora of Fake Out and Protect users.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Chikorita does have trouble with some Pokemon, however. Almost any Steel-type walls and sets up on Chikorita; Bronzor can set up Stealth Rock, Pawniard can set up Swords Dance, and Magnemite can set up Substitute. Ferroseed is especially tricky for Chikorita, as its Grass typing means Giga Drain will do abysmal damage. For this reason, using Hidden Power Fire instead of Toxic is an option if your team has trouble with Steel-types. As an alternative, you can pair Chikorita up with Magnemite or a Fire-type, such as Houndour.</p>

<p>Chikorita's impressive movepool grants it Bullet Seed, Magic Coat, Leech Seed, GrassWhistle, and Counter, which might be usable with special team support. Using a teammate with Sunny Day is helpful to aid Synthesis' healing capabilities as well as eliminate harmful weather conditions. Munchlax is a good teammate, as with Thick Fat, it takes only half damage from Ice- and Fire-type attacks, and it can check Gastly and Ferroseed quite well using Pursuit and Fire Punch, respectively. Ponyta can check Snover and Steel-types, and it can set up sun for both itself and Chikorita to enjoy.</p>
  2. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

Quality Control Approved (1/2)
  3. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

so cute and so impressive

2/2
  4. merlinnerd922

merlinnerd922

What makes Chikorita so good with this movepool? So many other pokes can do the same thing.
  5. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Bulkiest user of Aromatherapy. While I don't really like the set, I feel that Chikorita fulfills this niche really well.
  6. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

Chikorita is the bulkiest user of Aromatherapy, and its typing is really useful for checking certain stuff that Lickitung can't check (it can't do anything to Water-types). Chikorita also gets instant recovery.

written
  7. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

You could also mention Bullet Seed in AC for its ability to wreck defensive Drilbur that typically use Subs. Other than that, awesome set!
  8. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

Eh, it kind of needs Giga Drain's recover to beat Slowpoke / Staryu / Chinchou almost unharmed. I guess I'll mention it but idk how useful it'll be.
  9. Moo

Moo Professor
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

GP APPROVED 1/2
  10. Charmander

is a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for the check. Adding it in now.
  11. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

oy placeholder
  12. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[SET]
    name: Cleric
    move 1: Aromatherapy
    move 2: Giga Drain
    move 3: Toxic
    move 4: Synthesis
    item: Eviolite
    nature: Calm
    evs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Using its Chikorita's exceptional bulk, great defensive movepool, and useful defensive typing, Chikorita the Grass-type Pokemon is a wall very hard to tear down. Using Aromatherapy, Chikorita can remove status from its whole team, proving effective on stall teams and hyper offense teams that are scared of paralysis. Excellent Grass typing in tandem with Aromatherapy allows Chikorita to wall and defeat common offensive and defensive threats, namely Slowpoke, Staryu, Chinchou, Diglett, Drilbur, and Hippopotas. It also can spread status in the form of Toxic, which is beneficial for teams with a plethora of Fake Out and Protect users.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Chikorita does have trouble with some Pokemon, however. Almost any Steel-type walls and sets up on Chikorita; Bronzor can set up Stealth Rock, Pawniard can set up Swords Dance, and Magnemite can set up Substitute. Ferroseed is especially tricky for Chikorita, as its Grass typing means Giga Drain will do abysmal damage. For this reason, using Hidden Power Fire instead of Toxic is an option if your team has trouble with Steel-types. As an alternative, you can pair Chikorita up with Magnemite or a Fire-type, such as Houndour.</p>

<p>Chikorita's impressive movepool grants it Bullet Seed, Magic Coat, Leech Seed, GrassWhistle, and Counter, which might be usable with special team support. Using a teammate with Sunny Day is helpful to aid Synthesis' healing capabilities as well as eliminate harmful weather conditions. Munchlax is a good teammate, as with Thick Fat, it takes only half damage from Ice- and Fire-type attacks, and it can check Gastly and Ferroseed quite well using Pursuit and Fire Punch, respectively. Ponyta can check Snover and Steel-types, and it can set up sun for both itself and Chikorita to enjoy.</p>

[​IMG]

Well done.
  13. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Uploading -- Uploaded.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)