Class Action Lawsuits

So..the other day I ordered a couple tickets online to go see a concert. I put in my credit card information after seeing my grand total, authorizing them to take that total out of my account. I received a confirmation e-mail with my total and everything as well.

TODAY, I receive a new e-mail saying that my payment was processed with a COMPLETELY different total. That is outrageous. I sent them an e-mail demanding a full refund (in addition to my tickets) or I would file a class action lawsuit against them. I'm assuming this has happened to other customers of theirs as well. Do you think this is a reasonable thing to do? The difference was only $12.. lol

Taking an amount out other than what's authorized is, for all intents and purposes, stealing. If you have a copy of the original price somewhere (email, printed, ect.) I say go ahead with the lawsuit if they don't give you the tickets.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I would think a lawsuit is a bit far. Yes they told and did two separate things, but if they are reasonable they will refund you the money. I don't even think you needed to threaten a lawsuit, just simply stating that they said one thing but charged you something different will be enough for them to refund it. Any company with a lick of common sense would do it, it makes you, the customer, happy and you are bound to return because you know they have good customer service.

Hell if you took them to small claims you would probably end up losing money due to court fees, paperwork, etc, unless of course you also sue them for those amounts as well.

It isn't about getting the small amount back, it is about them taking something they were not authorized to take. What if that extra $12 put me over my credit limit? My credit company would charge me an over-limit fee and that would also go on my credit report (possibly lowing my credit score [possibly raising interest rates if i were to buy a house or a car {possibly costing me thousands of dollars}])

And if they are pulling this scam on other people, then something DEFINITELY needs to be done about it to stop them. It could have been a mistake, but even if it was, it could have had severe consequences on my end.

If you actually bring a lawsuit make sure it isn't class action. All those are is a way for the lawyers to get rich. Sure you get money, but you have to share your take with every other member of the suit while the lawyers get a fixed percentage.

For example, lets take a $10,000 case. Lets say the lawyers get 30% ($3,000) and the 'victims' get the rest. Suppose 1000 people are involved in the suit. There are $7000 remaining for those people, so divided evenly each person gets $7 while the lawyers get $3000. Keep in mind that the actual dollar amount will probably be greater than this, as will the number of people involved. In your case everyone who has ever bought a ticket in this fashion will probably get an invitation to join.

IMO, let it go. They made a mistake and they corrected it, sure it sucks when people mess up, but it happens. I would only advocate the lawsuit if you can prove premeditated malicious intent.

For example, lets take a $10,000 case. Lets say the lawyers get 30% ($3,000) and the 'victims' get the rest. Suppose 1000 people are involved in the suit. There are $7000 remaining for those people, so divided evenly each person gets $70
Check your math. Should be $7 per person

And how long ago was it that you bought the tickets?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)