Clean Sweep NU/UU

Welcome to my second RMT! I hope everyone enjoys this and can learn a little about various tactics I don't often see (but are pretty usable!)

Simple Guide: First I'll describe the Pokemon's role, then in italics I will explain my personal choices and style of play, then in bold I will list its problems.

UU Balance Team:

My Goal:
Long ago I wondered what Raichu could do, and realized that paired with certain Pokemon he does pretty well. This team was made to soften my opponents through very annoying tactics. Each of these Pokemon are a good counter to certain threats.

Current History: This team has been successful. It isn't the best against Sandstorm and Pokemon with many Ground-types (paralysis is very helpful for this team) but it is great for dealing with threats.

1) The Happy Lead!

Jumpluff Lv100 (Male) Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA). Chlorophyll. Leftovers.
EVs: 252 Def/4 Atk/252 SpD
Moveset: Leech Seed, Encore, Protect, U-turn

-In the fact of many leads, Jumpluff does well. Leech Seed is used against bulky leads or hazard spreaders and also to check what they're using. It's not very accurate, but a miss should not damage the game. Jumpluff provides resistance to Earthquake, a very common move.
-I will try to get a Leech Seed in, and depending on my opponent's move, I will Encore it or U-turn to an appropriate counter. Jumpluff can take one or two hits and should survive (especially with Leech Seed recovery) long enough to Encore and U-turn.
-Jumpluff does not like Ice Beam or Rock Blast, two potential attacks on Cloyster. It is quicker than many leads, but Taunt will hinder Jumpluff's strategy.

2) The Rodent

Raichu Lv100 (Male) Careful/Adamant Nature (+SpD,-SpA/+Atk,-SpA). Static. Leftovers.
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Def
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Teeter Dance, Wish, Volt Tackle

-Raichu has one weakness, Earthquake, which is common. It can be dealt with by a well-timed Jumpluff switch. Raichu is quick and can deal with nearly any Pokemon that isn't Ground or doesn't have Own Tempo.
-I will often Teeter Dance if I know my opponent is dangerous (or if I feel its' necessary). Following the Dance will be a Wave. If my opponent isn't Ground or doesn't resist Volt Tackle, I will begin the Wish/Tackle combination that will 1) keep Raichu health and 2) possibly support my weakened ally if Raichu should faint that turn.
-Dugtrio can trap Raichu, and in this case my only option is to Teeter Dance and Wish until Raichu is eliminated. Other ground-types will stop Raichu's attack, in which case Teeter Dance and Wish are used before switching out to a better Pokemon.

3) The Battler

Grumpig Lv100 (Male) Modest Nature (+SpA,-Atk). Thick Fat. Leftovers.
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Reflect, Extrasensory, Energy Ball

-Grumpig now resists Fire and Ice, two common attack types (Overheat and Ice Beam, anyone?). His Special Defense is great, and paired with Reflect he can defend himself while launching attacks and can support his team. Thunder Wave plays a role in helping Alakazam's clean up.
-I will Reflect if I know there is an imminent physical threat, or if he is about to go down (to lend team support). Thunder Wave can be abused especially if the team lacks a Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user. Extrasensory is just as strong as Psychic and has a great effect against slower Pokemon (Grumpig isn't too slow), and has much more PP, preventing PP stall. Energy Ball eliminates the popular Ground and Water Pokemon of UU.
-Grumpig dislikes Ghost-Pokemon for obvious reasons. It also might crumble under Dark-Pokemon, especially Pursuit users (its best chance is to Wave/Reflect then escape).

4) Arachnid Attack

Ariados Lv100 (Male) Sassy Nature (+SpD,-Spe). Insomnia. Expert Belt.
EVs: 124 HP/128 Atk/ 128 Def/ 4 SpD
Moveset: Psychic, Poison Jab, Pursuit, Signal Beam

-Ariados is my official Venusaur counter (there are so many of them out there!) He also makes a Ghost-counter with Pursuit. (Please give me any suggestions with his stats/moveset to better counter Venusaur and overall hold his own).
-I will switch into Ariados as best as I can against Venusaur (trying to absorb the Sleep Powder). Then I will Psychic against him or Pursuit. Ariados is great against Sceptile, too.
-Ariados does not like Fire, and hates Stealth Rock. This team itself does not like Stealth Rock...

5) Spin Variety!

Donphan Lv100 (Male) Brave Nature (+Atk,-Spe). Sturdy. Leftovers.
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpD (0 Spe IVs)
Moveset: Gyro Ball, Ice Shard, Knock Off, Rapid Spin

-Simple. I will switch into the hoard of entry hazards. If they have a heavily set up hazard foundation, I can expect a ghost nearby. That's when I Knock Off. If they bring out Rotom, I can Ice Shard or switch to Ariados for a Pursuit. Ice Shard is also useful for picking off weakened Flying/Grass types that trouble the team like Sceptile, Venusaur and Swellow.
-Donphan's attacks deal good damage, but none are STAB. I will have to rely on attacking the right Pokemon at the right time, and eliminating Entry Hazard users before Donphan falls. Donphan also makes a good Physical buffer.
-Donphan does not like Milotic, Feraligatr and other STAB Grass/Water/Ice users. If I have no great counter I will try to Knock Off. What's most important is keeping the field clean of Entry Hazards so that Alakazam's strategy isn't completely ruined.

6) The Psychic Finale

Alakazam Lv100 (Male) Modest Nature (+SpA,-Atk). Synchronize. Focus Sash.
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam

-Alakazam will hopefully be the last Pokemon to enter the fray (unless I face a strong Roar/Whirlwind abuser). This is why it is important to keep the field clean of hazards, so that Focus Sash doesn't break. The idea is simple: wreak havoc on a weakened team.
-Psychic hits: Poison and Fighting (and is STAB). Energy Ball hits Ground, Water and Rock. Shadow Ball hits Psychic, and Signal Beam hits Psychic, Dark and Grass. While this does not seem impressive, it allows Alakazam to strike a wide array of targets with low predictability. All of his attacks will deal immense damage, and a fully powered STAB'd Psychic is sure to strike many hard.
-Get rid of Chansey.

Conclusion:

This team is great at catching some off-guard, and I've successfully out-switched other teams. The key is knowing who to bring out and when (as with all teams). Its counters are dealt with in different ways and it is important to know that this team is made based on fun and strategy. Now, I look forward to your comments!

P.S. If you have criticism, please keep it 1) mature and 2) helpful.

Thank you for checking out my second RMT! :D Take care!

Just glanced at your Zam, and if your looking for coverage, I think this set covers more.

Psychic
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Fire

This set covers:
Bug, Dark, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel and water.
Quite alot as you can see.

Your set covers:
Dark, Fighting, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Poisen, Psychic, Rock and Water.
Not quite as much so if your going for a late game sweep, try my set.

Also, id swap the Sash for a Scarf or Specs cause you will prob have scouted most of your opponents team by this stage, you you can choose your move accordingly, and the boost in speed or sp. att can win the game for you, if Donphan is KO'ed, your strategy is completely ruined.

Ah, thanks, I'll try your set, but the only thing that worries me is FB's Accuracy. Also, Specs might be better because it'll take down wallers and I notice Zam's biggest problem is Priority users. Thanks, I'll try this out and update the team.

I think you need to explain your choice in moves. For example (on Jumpluff), the only reason I could see you using protect is too avoid damage from fake out leads, but Sleep Powder would probably be more useful as you can screw with the opponent much more easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)