Clefairy

Clefairy

Overview
########

Clefairy is a Follow Me user that unsurprisingly functions similarly to Clefable which has a better offensive presence and a wider array of item options. However, Clefairy possesses Friend Guard and an item that probably won't lead to conflict with the Item Clause. While Clefairy might be humongous Taunt bait, Friend Guard's defensive boost gives Clefairy a huge edge over other Follow Me users.

Follow Me
########
name: Follow Me
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Helping Hand
move 3: Moonblast / Icy Wind
move 4: Protect
ability: Friend Guard
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 20 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Follow Me lets Clefairy redirect and tank hits for its partner. Helping Hand lets Clefairy boost its partner's offenses and makes up somewhat for its bad offenses. Moonblast is Clefairy's strongest and most reliable attack, while Icy Wind is a much weaker attack that provides speed control. Protect shields Clefairy for a turn.

Set Details
========

Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefable or Togekiss. The ability reduces the damage Clefairy's partner Pokemon receives making Clefairy's partner very hard to deal with. 252 HP / 172 Def lets Clefairy always survive Adamant maximum Attack Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. The Special Attack investment allows Clefairy's Moonblast to OHKO 4 SpD Hydreigon 100% of the time. If using Icy Wind, move the Special Attack EVs to Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Follow Me is used to protect Clefairy's partner from attacks, and Helping Hand is used occasionally to boost the partner's offenses. Don't be afraid to let Clefairy go down if it's taking a lot of nasty hits. It's better for Clefairy to do its job for a little while than sit around and not do anything later on.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can set up with Substitute or boosting moves, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran are all great partners. Tailwind and Trick Room users such as Suicune and Jellicent greatly appreciate Follow Me's redirectional support and Friend Guard's Defensive boost. Pokemon that can take out Steel-types, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard Y, are also good partners. Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Steel-types such as Aegislash and Heatran naturally compliment Clefairy. A rule of thumb when using Clefairy is to make sure that its partner is able to make up for Clefairy's extreme lack of offensive presence.

Other Options
########

Thunder Wave provides Clefairy with an alternate method of speed control. Moonlight can be used to keep Clefairy healthy longer. Heal Pulse and Aromatherapy allow Clefairy to further support its partner, though both moves are fairly situational. Tickle and Fake Tears can be used to help soften up the opponent's team, but Clefairy is very slow and usually can't use either of these moves before its partner gets the chance to move. Clefairy is one of the most viable users of Gravity, if that interests you.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Taunt reduces Clefairy's usefulness severely. Taunt users to be wary of include Thundurus and Gengar.

**Strong Steel- and Poison-type Attacks**: Mega Mawile can OHKO Clefairy regardless of defensive investment. Aegislash can 2HKO Clefairy with Flash Cannon. Bisharp's Iron Head will always 2HKO Clefairy, and Life Orb sets even have a chance to OHKO.

Last edited:
just an am check :o

add
remove
comments

Overview
########

Clefairy is a useful user of Follow me user that unsurprisingly functions very similar to Clefable. Clefairy You trades Clefable's better offensive presence and wider item choice for an ability in Friend Guard and an item less likely to get in the way of the Item Clause. It While Clefairy might be humongous taunt bait, but Friend Guard is an incredible ability that gives Clefairy a huge edge over other Follow Me users might want to say why but w/e.

Follow Me
########

Moves
========

Follow Me lets Clefairy tank redirect hits for its partner. Helping Hand lets it boost its partner offenses and make up somewhat for Clefairy's bad offenses. Moonblast is your strongest, (RC) and most reliable attack while Icy Wind lends you is a much weaker attack, but that provides nice speed control. Protect lets you shield Clefairy for a turn. (AP)

Set Details
========

Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefable or Togekiss and can as it can make your partner very, very scary. The Clefairy's defensive investment lets it always survive Adamant max attack Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge add hyphen with the rest invested into Special Defense. The offensive Special Attack investment allows Clefairy to OHKO 4 Special Defense Hydreigon 100% of the time with Moonblast. If using Icy Wind, move the Special Attack EVs to Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Use Follow Me to Protect your partner from danger attacks, while occasionally using Helping Hand to boost their offenses. Don't be afraid to let Clefairy go down if it's tanking a lot of nasty hits. It's better for it Clefairy to do its job for a little while than have it sit around and not do anything later on.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that need to set up with Substitute or boosting moves are great partners. Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran are all great partners for the job. Pokemon that can take out Steel-types, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard Y, are also good partners. Dragon- and Steel-types naturally compliment Clefairy. Hydreigon, Aegislash, and Heatran all work as partners. A rule of thumb when using Clefairy is to make sure whatever partner you pair Clefairy with can is able make up for its almost complete lack of offensive presence.

Other Options
########

Thunder Wave allows Clefairy an alternate method of speed control. Moonlight can be used to keep Clefairy operating healthy for longer. Heal Pulse and Aromatherapy allow you to further support your partner, though both are fairly situational. Tickle and Fake Tears can be used to help soften up your opponent, but Clefairy's very slow and can't usually use the attack before its partner gets the chance to move. Clefairy is one of the most viable users of Gravity, (AC) if that interests you.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Taunting Clefairy reduces its usefulness to giving its partner a Friend Guard boost and using really weak attacks. Ideal Taunt users include Thundurus and Gengar.

**Strong Steel- and Poison-type attacks*: Mega Mawile can OHKO Clefairy regardless of its defensive investment. Aegislash can't OHKO Clefairy with Flash Cannon, but it's a can cleanly 2HKO.

Last edited:

queez

wandering and wondering
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's a check for the og fairy mon

Additions
Removals
Comments

Overview
########

Clefairy is a useful Follow M(capitalize m)e user that unsurprisingly functions very similar similarly to Clefable. Clefairy trades Clefable's better offensive presence and item choice for Friend Guard and an item less likely to get in the way of the Item Clause(this entire sentence sounded awkward to me) Clefable has a better offensive presence and a wider array of item options, but Clefairy possesses Friend Guard and an item that probably won't lead to conflict with the Item Clause. While Clefairy might be humongous T(capitalize t)aunt bait, Friend Guard's defensive boost gives Clefairy a huge edge over other Follow Me users.

Follow Me
########

Moves
========

Follow Me lets Clefairy redirect and take hits for its partner. Helping Hand lets it Clefairy boost its partner's(add apostrophe + s) offenses and make makes up somewhat for Clefairy's its bad offenses. Moonblast is your Clefairy's strongest and most reliable attack,(add comma) and while Icy Wind is a much weaker attack that provides nice speed control. Protect lets you shield shields Clefairy for a turn.

Set Details
========

Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefabe Clefable or Togekiss. The ability reduces the damage Clefairy's partner Pokemon receives and, in return, can make its said partner very, very scary formidable. The Clefairy's defensive 172 Defense / 252 HP investment lets it Clefairy always survive Adamant max A(capitalize a)ttack Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge with the rest invested into Special Defense(doesn't contain any necessary information). The Special Attack investment allows Clefairy's(add apostrophe + s) Moonblast to OHKO 4 Special Defense Hydreigon 100% of the time with Moonblast. If using Icy Wind, move the Special Attack EVs to Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Use Follow Me is used to p(lowercase p)rotect your Clefairy's partner from attacks, and Helping Hand is used while occasionally using Helping Hand to boost their the partner's offenses. Don't be afraid to let Clefairy go down if it's tanking a lot of nasty hits. It's better for Clefairy to do its job for a little while than have it sit around and not do anything later on.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can utilize set up with Substitute or boosting moves, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran, are great partners. Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran are all great partners for the job. Tailwind and Trick Room users like such as Suicune and Jellicent greatly appreciate the Follow Me's redirectional support and Friend Guard's Defense boost. Pokemon that can take out Steel-types, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard Y, are also good partners. Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Steel-types such as Aegislash and Heatran naturally compliment Clefairy. Hydreigon, Aegislash, and Heatran all work as partners. A rule of thumb when using Clefairy is to make sure whatever you pair Clefairy with that its partner is able to make up for its Clefairy's almost complete extreme lack of offensive presence.

Other Options
########

Thunder Wave allows provides Clefairy with an alternate method of s(lowercase s)peed control. Moonlight can be used to keep Clefairy healthy for longer. Heal Pulse and Aromatherapy allow you Clefairy to further support your its partner, though both moves are fairly situational. Tickle and Fake Tears can be used to help soften up your the opponent, but Clefairy's(remove apostrophe +s. this combo is usually used for possession) is very slow and usually can't usually use the attack either of these moves before its partner gets the chance to move. Clefairy is one of the most viable users of Gravity, if that interests you(Gravity isn't mentioned in the set so this seemed irrelevant).

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Taunt Taunting Clefairy reduces its Clefairy's usefulness a great deal to giving its partner a Friend Guard boost and using really weak attacks. Ideal Examples of T(capitalize t)aunt users to be wary of include Thundurus and Gengar.

**Strong Steel- and Poison-type attacks*: Mega Mawile can OHKO Clefairy regardless of its defensive investment. Aegislash can't OHKO can 2HKO Clefairy with Flash Cannon, but can cleanly 2HKO.

GP 1/2 :)

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Amateur check!

Add
/ Remove / (Comments)

Overview
########

Clefairy is a Follow Me user that unsurprisingly functions similarly to Clefable,(AC) who. Clefable has a better offensive presence and a wider array of item options.,(Add period + RC) but However,(AC) Clefairy possesses Friend Guard and an item that probably won't lead to conflict with the Item Clause. While Clefairy might be humongous Taunt bait, Friend Guard's defensive boost gives Clefairy a huge edge over other Follow Me users.

Moves
========

Follow Me lets Clefairy redirect and tank hits for its partner. Helping Hand lets Clefairy boost its partner's offenses and makes up somewhat for its bad offenses. Moonblast is Clefairy's strongest and most reliable attack, while and Icy Wind is a much weaker attack that provides nice speed control. Protect shields Clefairy for a turn.

Set Details
========

Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefable or Togekiss. The ability reduces the damage Clefairy's partner Pokemon receives and, in return, can make Clefairy's partner very hard to deal with. 252 HP / 172 Defense investment lets Clefairy always survive Adamant max Attack Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. (Is it worth noting that it also hits a jump point?) The Special Attack investment allows Clefairy's Moonblast to OHKO 4 Special Defense Hydreigon 100% of the time. If using Icy Wind, move the Special Attack EVs to Special Defense.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can set up with Substitute or boosting moves, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran are all great partners. Tailwind and Trick Room users such as Suicune and Jellicent greatly appreciate Follow Me's redirectional support and Friend Guard's Defense and Special Defense boost. Pokemon that can take out Steel-types, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard Y, are also good partners. Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Steel-types such as Aegislash and Heatran naturally compliment Clefairy. A rule of thumb when using Clefairy is to make sure that its partner is able to make up for Clefairy's extreme lack of offensive presence.

Checks & Counters
########

**Strong Steel- and Poison-type Attacks*: (capital A) Mega Mawile can OHKO Clefairy regardless of defensive investment. Aegislash can 2HKO Clefairy with Flash Cannon. Bisharp's Iron Head will always 2HKO Clefairy, and Life Orb sets even have a chance to OHKO.

Tagging P Squared for a check.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
stamping SM979 with like two extra things for GP 2/2 ^_^
Overview
########

Clefairy is a Follow Me user that unsurprisingly functions similarly to Clefable,(AC) who. Clefable (should be "which"; always use that/which to refer to Pokemon instead of who) has a better offensive presence and a wider array of item options.,(Add period + RC) but However,(AC) Clefairy possesses Friend Guard and an item that probably won't lead to conflict with the Item Clause. While Clefairy might be humongous Taunt bait, Friend Guard's defensive boost gives Clefairy a huge edge over other Follow Me users.

Follow Me
########

Moves
========

Follow Me lets Clefairy redirect and tank hits for its partner. Helping Hand lets Clefairy boost its partner's offenses and makes up somewhat for its bad offenses. Moonblast is Clefairy's strongest and most reliable attack, while and Icy Wind is a much weaker attack that provides nice speed control. Protect shields Clefairy for a turn.

Set Details
========

Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefable or Togekiss. The ability reduces the damage Clefairy's partner Pokemon receives and, in return, (not sure "in return" is the best phrase here. usually it's more like...x does something for y and, in return, y does something for x. here Friend Guard is doing both things, so it's not really a "return" kind of thing. maybe replace it with "as a result"?) can make Clefairy's partner very hard to deal with. 252 HP / 172 Defense investment lets Clefairy always survive Adamant maximum Attack Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge. (Is it worth noting that it also hits a jump point?) The Special Attack investment allows Clefairy's Moonblast to OHKO 4 Special Defense Hydreigon 100% of the time. If using Icy Wind, move the Special Attack EVs to Special Defense.

Usage Tips
========

Follow Me is used to protect Clefairy's partner from attacks, and Helping Hand is used occasionally to boost the partner's offenses. Don't be afraid to let Clefairy go down if it's taking a lot of nasty hits. It's better for Clefairy to do its job for a little while than sit around and not do anything later on.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can set up with Substitute or boosting moves, such as Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Metagross, Mega Salamence, Swords Dance Terrakion, Nasty Plot Thundurus, and Heatran are all great partners. Tailwind and Trick Room users such as Suicune and Jellicent greatly appreciate Follow Me's redirectional support and Friend Guard's Defense and Special Defense boost. Pokemon that can take out Steel-types, such as Heatran and Mega Charizard Y, are also good partners. Dragon-types such as Hydreigon and Steel-types such as Aegislash and Heatran naturally compliment Clefairy. A rule of thumb when using Clefairy is to make sure that its partner is able to make up for Clefairy's extreme lack of offensive presence.

Other Options
########

Thunder Wave provides Clefairy with an alternate method of speed control. Moonlight can be used to keep Clefairy healthy longer. Heal Pulse and Aromatherapy allow Clefairy to further support its partner, though both moves are fairly situational. Tickle and Fake Tears can be used to help soften up the opponent's team, but Clefairy is very slow and usually can't use either of these moves before its partner gets the chance to move. Clefairy is one of the most viable users of Gravity, if that interests you.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: Taunting reduces Clefairy's usefulness severely. Taunt users to be wary of include Thundurus and Gengar.

**Strong Steel- and Poison-type Attacks*: (capital A) Mega Mawile can OHKO Clefairy regardless of defensive investment. Aegislash can 2HKO Clefairy with Flash Cannon. Bisharp's Iron Head will always 2HKO Clefairy, and Life Orb sets even have a chance to OHKO.

also Mysteria I left some comments on your check
sorry it took so long ;_;

Overview
########
Clefairy is a useful user of Follow me user that unsurprisingly functions very similar to Clefable.
"useful user of" sounds kinda funny to me so I would've left that as is, or changed "useful" to some other adjective
also Follow me --> Follow Me

Moves
========
Helping Hand lets it boost its partner offenses and make up somewhat for Clefairy's bad offenses.
"partner's offenses" :p also, Helping Hand is doing both these things - "Helping Hand lets....and makes up..." so make --> makes
Moonblast is your strongest, (RC) and most reliable attack
your --> Clefairy's

Set Details
========
Friend Guard is the main reason to use Clefairy over Clefable or Togekiss and can as it can make your partner very, very scary.
the blue "l" in Clefable is pretty hard to see so I'd recommend using bold or coloring in the entire word. otherwise your change looks alright, as long as you stick a comma before "as". always use a comma before as if you're using it to mean because

Usage Tips
========
Use Follow Me to Protect your partner from danger attacks
Clefairy's partner

Other Options
########
Heal Pulse and Aromatherapy allow you to further support your partner, though both are fairly situational.
you(r) --> Clefairy('s)
"you" should only be used to refer to the battler!

Tickle and Fake Tears can be used to help soften up your opponent
this your is okay because opponent refers to the other battler. I would change "opponent" to "opponent's team" though because that's what you're actually softening up imo

Checks & Counters
########
**Strong Steel- and Poison-type attacks*:
these section titles should always be capitalized, so attacks --> Attacks. stuff like "and" and "with" are fine lowercase though.

the rest of your changes were fine so I didn't include them here! in general I would say to watch you/your usage and be a little more thorough maybe? I'm sure you know to capitalize stuff like Follow Me and that you just missed that 'cause you were going fast or something.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)