ORAS OU Climate changes.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who have rated this team, but for now, there's not really a point in trying to better it, as I already made reqs for the suspect test.

I hope it doesn't violate any rules, I read the rules carefully and I didn't find anything against it, so I will post the proof of reqs here, so I won't lose them ^^
upload_2015-4-26_13-21-7.png

upload_2015-4-26_13-21-29.png

After pretty much quitting competitive pokemon since the release of ORAS because I didn't like the meta, the aegislash suspect test got me interested in the overused tier ones again. I build a team around one of my long time favorite megas, Mega Charizard Y, and although it is not perfect, I was able to get a pretty neat Elo of 1504 with a 25/3 score, so I thought it was a good idea to see if i could get some of the teams weaknesses fixed before laddering further.
upload_2015-4-26_0-4-47.png

upload_2015-4-26_0-5-17.png

Team building process:

I started out with two of the pokemon I've had the greatest success with in XY, Mega Charizard Y and Sand Rush LO Excadrill. The two pokemon works together pretty well offensively, one being able to take on fast, offensive threats, the other being able to take on fat walls and slower wallbreakers.

I added tyranitar because of its ability to provide sand, rocks and pursuit support, pretty much everything my team was screaming for at the early point.

Slowbro seamed like a great addition to the team, mainly duo to its ability to take on some insanely threatening megas the other three struggled with, metagross and lopuny.

I changed tyranitar to hippodon and added bisharp for pursuit. Hippodon stands out as an amazing check to fast electric types, such as mega man, raikyo, and thundurus, which the team struggled with.

When I heard Aegislash was being tested, I just swapped it in instead of bisharp, as it was still able to deal pretty well with the latis, while additionally checking two scary megas.

Lastly I added sub+cm keldeo because it is a great answer to chansey + msabley stall as well as rain offence, which the team have a hard time against.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Pretty standard. Mega Charizard Y is simply amazing at causing damage, and is against some teams able to get a kill every time it comes in, which really isn't that hard to get it considering its great special bulk and decent defensive typing, making it a great check to some of the most common defensive pokemon in the tier, such as sableye, clefable, sylveon, ferrothorn, mew and the like. Fire Blast is chosen over flamethrower because of its higher base power, which ensures many OHKO's, the accuracy is sometimes annoying, but in general made up for by the greater power.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Sub+cm keldeo have been one of my favourite sets to use in the ou environment because of how well it deals with full stall. Other than being a great tool agaist stall, keldeo still does an amazing job against more balanced and offensive builds. Calm mind can often take advantage of special attackers that Keldeo out speed to boost both special attack and -defence, this helps greatly against stuff such as landorus, aegislash volcaruna and the likes. Keldeo also acts as a check to bisharp ans weavile.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

- Toxic

Hippowdon serves as my hazard setter, check to electric types and a way of setting sand up for excadrill. The set is pretty standard, I chose toxic over stone edge to easier deal with the likes of lando-t, rotom-w and slowbro, which would otherwise always be able to switch into this. Running toxic does, however make me pretty weak to taunt users.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowbro was added to deal with the annoying physical hard hitters in the tier, such as mega lopuny and mega metagross. Slowbro is simply amazing as a physical wall, although being weak to dark is a bit annoying. Slowbros ability makes it a super consistent check to a lot of physical attackers, because you can send it in with 1/3 more health than you withdraw it with. Scald is mandatory stab with a 100% chance of burn when it's used against you. Psyshock is there to deal with opposing sub+cm keldeo, and thunderwave can slow down potential sweepers such as mega charizard X, dragonite and mega gyarados.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Sand rush excadrill is amazing at beating offence thanks to its excellent 550 effective speed under sand, which enables it to outspeed every scarfer and +1 sweeper in the tier, even some at +2 such as adamant gyarados. The set is pretty standard, Life Orb allows it to get a ton of one- and two hit KOs on some of the biggest threats in the tier, such as having a chance of OHKOing latios after a single Life Orb recoil, and having a 80% chance to 2hko slowbro after stealth rock damage, in the sand. Earthquake is the strongest stab move, iron head is for flying and levitating mons that EQ can't reach as well as the 30% flinch chance. Rock Slide rounds of the coverage nicely, being able to hit flying types that resist iron head.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pursuit
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

Aegislash is simply an amazing addition to the overused tier, as it is able to check some of the most annoying pokemon that runs it. Aegislash is here as a check to the ever so common latis, mega altaria and to and mega metagross, which can be problematic when slowbro is gone. Aegislash is also able to switch into hits from pokemon no other members of this team can deal with nicely, such as slowbro, twave celebi, starmie, and cb azumarill. The set is pretty standard, shadow ball and kings shield are mandatory, pursuit for the latis, chansey and other stuff that try to escape. Flash cannon is for faries that Zard have probles with, as well as weavile which will sometimes try to switch in.

Threat List:

Rotom-W: Can either hydro Pump, Volt Switch or Will-O-Wisp my entire team, I don't have a single switch in unless I can bait the wisp and go into zard.

Weavile: This thing all my defensive pokemon for SE damage with it's stabs alone and outspeeds all my offensive mons.

Landorus-I Depending on the set, this thing can pretty much deal with every pokemon on my team. RP is the scariest variant.

Spdef Talonflame: The only check I have is slowbro, which have to play around taunt pretty carefully.

CB Azumarill: If i predict wrong it can do great damage to the team.

Defensive garchomp: More annoying than actually threatening, but toxic variants can do a lot to the team.

Mega Garchomp: This thing is so really hard to deal with. I don't have anything that hit it hard enough, and it can easily 2hko both my walls under sand.

Mega Charizard Y: This can get a kill every time, my best play is to beat it with my own zard, sand or sr.

---

Leave your suggestions to improve the team, I'm sorry if the thread is a bit messy, it is pretty late where I live, I just wanted to post the team before I went to bed. #FREEAEGISLASH2015

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hi, that's a standard and solid double weather team. Good job!
I looked at your threatlist and I think you can play Defensive Rotom-W over Slowbro. You would have less problems vs Lando-I having a switch in (even if not so safe for the other attacks) to Earth Power, Azumarill (Belly Drum more than Choice Band) would be less annoying and of course it's easier to play against Garchomp, Talonflame. Rotom-Wash is also a better choice if you consider that Sub-Crunch Mega-Gyarados easily 6-0s your team. Rotom-Wash would be a way to break the Sub and put Excadrill safely right after.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

This is a way to check more properly your team's weaknesses, even if you would lose Slowbro's recovery and T-Wave.

Nice team mate. Love the dual weather concept. Even under sand scarfed lando-t does alot of damage to your team. And once charizard is gone, grass sweepers like serperior trash the team single handedly. Bisharp would actually be a better choice than aegislash in this situation as lando-t would hate coming in due to defiant and with access to powerful priority in Sucker Punch, it does serious damage.

Hope I helped :)

Nice team, I like the dual weather you have going on, It's pretty solid for the most part. I just have a few suggestions that'll make it slightly better.

• Give Hippowdon Stone Edge and drop Toxic it'll help with Zard y and SpDef Talonflame. Which will both do a lot of damage to your team. Stone edge gives you the ability to OHKO both of them and if you play your cards right, you'll beat them without any trouble at all.
  • Consider trying this spread for Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature/Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball/Pursuit
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

• It'll make Aegislash much more efficent at walling things, and from the looks of your description that's what you want, while still being able to deal damage to Mega Altaria.
0 SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 236-278 (76.8 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • That's all I have for you, for now. Great team!

Hi, that's a standard and solid double weather team. Good job!
I looked at your threatlist and I think you can play Defensive Rotom-W over Slowbro. You would have less problems vs Lando-I having a switch in (even if not so safe for the other attacks) to Earth Power, Azumarill (Belly Drum more than Choice Band) would be less annoying and of course it's easier to play against Garchomp, Talonflame. Rotom-Wash is also a better choice if you consider that Sub-Crunch Mega-Gyarados easily 6-0s your team. Rotom-Wash would be a way to break the Sub and put Excadrill safely right after.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

This is a way to check more properly your team's weaknesses, even if you would lose Slowbro's recovery and T-Wave.
Thanks for the rate ^^ I will test out rotom wash, but from the look of it, i think rotom would make the team more exposed to a lot of hard hitting threads, such as mega meta late game.

Nice team mate. Love the dual weather concept. Even under sand scarfed lando-t does alot of damage to your team. And once charizard is gone, grass sweepers like serperior trash the team single handedly. Bisharp would actually be a better choice than aegislash in this situation as lando-t would hate coming in due to defiant and with access to powerful priority in Sucker Punch, it does serious damage.

Hope I helped :)
Thanks :) The only problem I have with bish is how frail it is, if it can't beat the latis 100% of the time, I would prefer aegi. Also, if I lose zard I've lost anyways :P

Nice team, I like the dual weather you have going on, It's pretty solid for the most part. I just have a few suggestions that'll make it slightly better.

• Give Hippowdon Stone Edge and drop Toxic it'll help with Zard y and SpDef Talonflame. Which will both do a lot of damage to your team. Stone edge gives you the ability to OHKO both of them and if you play your cards right, you'll beat them without any trouble at all.
  • Consider trying this spread for Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature/Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball/Pursuit
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

• It'll make Aegislash much more efficent at walling things, and from the looks of your description that's what you want, while still being able to deal damage to Mega Altaria.
0 SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 236-278 (76.8 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • That's all I have for you, for now. Great team!
Thanks for the rate :) the set seems good, and I will definitely try it in the future, but for now I actually made reqs, so there's no point in bettering this team anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)