EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Return

i personally have been running this to relatively decent success

id love to know what other niches this monster has

You should definitely run Stone Edge > Return on that set, currently you're walled by Chandelure which sucks as it has no problems trapping you. With Stone Edge you outspeed and KO it (though beware of Scarf variants).

You should definitely run Stone Edge > Return on that set, currently you're walled by Chandelure which sucks as it has no problems trapping you. With Stone Edge you outspeed and KO it (though beware of Scarf variants).
even then you can't reliably counter chandelure, because there's always that gaping hole of a chance that stone edge will miss
but yeah, for that and for better coverage as a whole, i agree with tomahawk; ditch return

Cobalion isn't countering Chandelure, it's an okay check at best. As for Cobalion, I think it's a pretty cool underrated mon in Dream World. A decent spread of stats and good typing mean I could see it doing something at least. It also has good offensive coverage with Chandelure, fighting / ghost which is also kind of interesting. Chandelure trapping and removing its counters mainly Gliscor and Skarmory giving Cobalion an easier time setting up and denting the opponents team. It also has a really good defense stat, which can often be overlooked due to its offensive power. I'm not saying everyone should be running a more defensive Cobalion, but when it can live neutral Mach Punches and Earthquakes from Techniloom and Excadrill respectively I think it's a Pokemon that definitely should not be underestimated.

Honestly I think Cobalion has to be mixed to be effective and even then it still has low attack stats coupled with the fact that so much can check and OHKO him in DW. His move pool also prevents him from being versatile. Chandelure running around isn't helping either. I would give Air Balloon mixed Cobe a try but still it has a small move pool and low power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)