ORAS OU Cofag Hazardspam with Healing Wish Chansey, 1923 peak

Introduction

Before I start with the team lemme talk a little bit about the way I play. I am a player who hates using teams made by other people. Pokemon is just so much more enjoyable if you are able to win with self-made teams. So I test and test, lose and lose and I also let myself inspire from other tiers trends..

I was in low ladder and while it is fun to recklessly ladder with fun and weird teams, I am tired of losing to random sets that blow me away. What is the best way to ladder up quickly? Entry Hazard spam HO!

Teambuilding Process:

So when looking at possible suicide leads who can offer both Stealth Rock and spikes, I had no choice but to pick Skarmory because of its access to Taunt and a solid 262 Speed.

Because I do not want to lose my hazards I needed a spinblocker and someone who discourages Defog. I chose Scarf Gengar to OHKO an unexpecting Starmie with Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball also is a nice sweeping move after some hazardspamming.

I realized that Gengar is totally shit at spinblocking reliably because Excadrill and Starmie can easily predict my Gengar switch in. So I tried looking for bulky Ghosts in low Ladder without losing too much offensive momentum.

Bisharp was never able to reliably prevent Defog because I needed AV and even if I was at + 2 successfully, Bisharp is just super easy to revenge kill even with its steel typing. I was never able to sweep because my opponents had Defog + great Bisharp checks. I replaced Bisharp with Defiant Thundurus.

After some games I realized how threatening mixed Thundurus is but tbh, you are never going to switch into a Lati or Zapdos clicking Defog because Thundurus just dies. So I changed the set to something unique.

I added Weavile to further improve my matchup against offense. I chose Poison Jab and Low Kick as fillers and disregarded Ice Shard.

Now I wanted to take special hits since my Cofag was max def. I was still in 1200 ladder again because of testing weird mons and Spdef AV Alomomola was one. But I quickly removed that mon and inserted a weird mon for my playstyle, Chansey. To not lose too much momentum I picked Healing Wish as a filler.

Now I wanted to clean up teams reliably with someone who is not weak to hazards. I tried to look at stuff that Weavile cannot revenge kill. I picked Scarf Landorus-T first but I kept losing to Rotom-W because I cant really touch it. I replaced Landorus-T with Scarf Diggersby. Scarf Diggersbys niche over Landorus-T is its powerful normal Stab and access to Wild Charge. But I never used Wild Charge so I just used the common Landorus-T set with Frustration over Stone Edge

Team Members

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

This is the regular Suicide Lead Skarmory. I chose max HP over max Atk for many reasons: First it allows me to tank Life orbs Kyurems Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt and get so I can get up my Stealth Rock and 1 Spike. It also allows me to tank the combination of Rotom-Ws Burn and Volt Switch, allowing me to get Stealth Rock and 2 layers of spike if I am lucky.

The max HP variant also prevents the OHKO of Heat Wave after Knock off from AV Tornadus-T.
I always lead with this and try to get up as much Hazards as possible. Smart taunts are important to prevent a potential faster Defogger from removing all your hard work ;)

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex​

I chose Cofag to reliably spinblock against Excadrills and defensive Starmie. I would sack this any day to keep my hazards in the field. So if your opponent makes a play and Hydro Pumps your Cofag, just sack it and go to Weavile to pressure the opponents team.

Will-O-Wisp is there to burn common Pursuit trappers that might want to kill me so they can spin later. This Set also hard walls any variant of Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir and Mega Lopunny thanks to its ability Mummy.

Rest is there so I can continuously prevent hazards from being spinned away. Sleep Talk is unexpected and can catch of a tryhard play offguard with a nice Will-O-Wisp ;)

Another possibility is Toxic Spikes. If Mega Sableye attacks you with Knock Off you can Toxic Spike because he lost his Magic Bounce. While it sounds good in theory, the Mega Sableye teams I faced always had Amoonguss.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Which team is not weak to this thing? Basicly if you use an entry hazard spam without Weavile, you are doing something wrong. Weavile easily forces many switches.

I chose Low Kick and Poison Jab because I do appreciate killing Bisharps, Heatrans, Tyranitars and Azumarils in a single hit.

You do not even need Pursuit, because the opponent will not switch. Why you ask? Just look at them hazards and ask again ;)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled​

Next up is a very questionable mon for this playstyle. Basicly there is not a mon that is even more passive than Chansey. Usually in HO if I am facing a threat I will lose to, I have to sack my mom and revengekill it. Not with this Chansey.

With Chansey I can take basicly any powerful hit, click Thunder Wave and proceed to Heal up. I do not care if I lose momentum because I have Healing Wish, I do not care if my opponent makes a fine double, because he is going to pay that double with a nice chunk of HP thanks to hazards.

The combination of Chansey+Cofag actually walls almost everything. Not reliably but I can force many switches, doubles and force the opponent to take entry hazard damage.

Thundurus @ Salac Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus gives me a check to Birds and with its offensive presence it forces easy switches. I can Nasty Plot on the switch and pressure my opponent till he sweats blood.

With Prankster Substitute you can sub against predicted statusinducers, Ferrothorns and Landos Stone Edges. After eating up that juicy Salac Berry you are looking at a 698 Spatk and 529 Speed Thundurus. A great lategame cleaner who abuses common switches with Nasty Plot and Substitute.

Sometimes it is smart to keep the Salac to prevent something like a Scarf Garchomp sweep instead of using the first opportunity you get to set up.​

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off​

I think we can all agree on that Scarf Landorus-t is the current best Scarfer in Oras OU. But for Scarf Lando to close the game, you need to get rid of Earthquake switch ins. That is usually quite hard against good players. Scarf Diggersby does not care about that.

You sacrifice bulk because Diggersby does not have Intimidate and some speed. In exchange you gain a powerful Normal Stab which can even OHKO Latios after Stealth Rocks!

The biggest reason I decided to use Diggersby of Landorus-t is Rotom-W. During my testing phase in low ladder I realized that a team with a well played Rotom-W will win against me.

Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400518239
Against MSab Bulky Offense. MSab is pretty annoying but i was able to overcome the matchup with aggressive plays and Healing Wish Chansey. Great Game!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400522696
Easy matchup. Was able to get full hazards and I walled his threats with Cofag and Chansey.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400523555
I actually choked but I manage to win with some hax.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400525402
Cofag walling MLopunny reliably. Chansey Healing Wish sealed the fate

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400529914
Really close battle against a good MGardevoir team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400531587
A loss. SubSeed Serp+Healing Wish support is too much to handle. Incredibly annoying to deal with.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400534094
Max Atk MAggron is a huge threat!! But after replacing its filter with mummy, my Weavile was able to knock it out with Low Kick.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400514814
Dangerous Banded TTar+Keldeo+Mega Charizard Y core. I was able to win easily after burning that TTar with Cofag. Chansey+Cofag walled everything after that.

Importable:

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Thundurus @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Scotti

we back.
What's up robopoke

This is a very unusual team you have here robopoke, but it seems to work and that's pretty impressive in my opinion. Im not really a fan of Chansey HO, but you have seem to make it work pretty well. However, I have a few suggestions that may work in the long run. Clefable is a huge ass threat to your team. As skarm is a lead set, you wouldn't expect it to be alive after the first few turns of the game at least, and even then it can't really take on Clefable. The only mon on your team that can really take on Clefable is Weavile, but it obviously gets rekt by Moonblast. You actually lack any real Dragon or Fairy resist on your team, making them huge threats to your team. Mega Charizard X looks like it can absolutely destroy your team.

The first recommendation I have is running Nasty Plot 2 Attacks Thunder Wave Thundurus over your current set. The reason for that is because your team is really weak to Zard X and other set up physical sweepers that dont mind or cant be burn by Cofagrigus. Priority Thunder Wave is extremely helpful to your team, as it patches up the holes of your team. Any sweeper that are big threats to your team, now have counter play around them, so overall I find it to be the best way to push your team to the next level.

The final thing I suggest, is replacing Scarf Diggersby with Scarf Excadrill. Scarf Excadrill just fits amazingly upon your team. Your are extremely weak to dragons and fairies, and Clefable kinda fucks your team up. Excadrill just fixes most if not all of the biggest problems to your team. It also has Mold Breaker, so you can even take on Rotom-W a lot easier, than with Diggersby. It has Rapid Spin, which gives your team hazard removal, which is pretty nice considering you have 2 pokemon weak to rocks. You also said you wanted a clean up not weak to rocks, and Excadrill takes even less than Diggersby from stealth rock. It can also clean better thanks to Mold Breaker, so it can literally just click Earthquake. Overall Excadrill is just a better version of Diggersby. The only downside is that you lose out on power, but you gain a better member and fit to your team overall.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I hope I helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)