Combo Mania! - (First RMT)

I went ahead and made a team like this to start with, all based on combos I read about or figured out. After much trial and error (more error than trial) this is what I came up with when I worked out bugs. It seems to work really well and takes a lot of battlers off guard! Have at it guys!

At a glance:

To begin at the beginning:

Jumpluff (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Memento
- Encore
- Stun Spore
---

This Jumpluff Suicide-type lead is a slightly altered version of the analysis SuicidePluff. I start with his high speed and Sleep Powder to make most leads take a nice nap. Aerodactyl, Azelf, and Weavile tend to cause problems in this area, but I switch then. After I "Sleep Powder" their lead, my opponent usually switches - that, or they saw Sleep Powder coming and switched to a Sleep absorber - so I use Stun Spore next to further mess with their head. If they did switch to a sleep absorber, I let them Sleep Talk once, and then Encore it, causing them to Struggle. That causes switches too. When I'm done causing chaos, I use Memento and pass to something that needs setting up or could use safe entry.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
---
This particular Gyarados is full of surprises. Most people expect a standard Dragon Dance offensive set. This can take a large amount of powerful physical hits; Scizor's famed Choice Banded Bullet Bunch does 20% tops to this monster. On whatever I switch into, I proceed to Dragon Dance as much as possible, take a status if needed, and Rest accordingly. If no weird weather is going on, Leftovers really helps in recovering the minimal physical-attack damage he might receive. He's out-stalled multiple Vaporeon as well, so long as they neglect to have Hidden Power Electric. If something with electric anything rears their head, I go to...

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk/222 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Grass]
---
My electric-absorbing and and "Gyara-combo" Electivire. This poor fella has fallen from his previous grace. He was far too predictable; when he appeared, people would instinctivley send in their Skarmorys/Bronzongs or other physical walls to stop him dead. This is no longer the case. Bwaha. With Thunderbolt's higher base power, calculated out it does more damage than the physical Thunderpunch to most opponents! While still being able to hit Heatran, Tyranitar and Blissey hard with Cross Chop, Electivire becomes a massive special threat to the unprepared. Electivire can OHKO Skarmory every time with Thunderbolt (132.04% - 155.69%) of the time, unless there's a Roost somehow sneaken in before I hit it. Scizor and Forretress just fry. Swampert and Hippowdon take a huge hit from Hidden Power Grass as well. I used to have Hidden Power Ice for dragons and such, but that I found was far to easy for Swampert to come in and stop, and my team then had trouble with him. I also tried Hidden Power Ghost for the heck of it because I was absorbing Thunderpunches and Thunderbolts from Dusknoir and Rotom-A constantly. That didn't work out too well either, so I stuck with Grass.

Rotom-s @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/218 Spd/40 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Confuse Ray
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
---
Next is Rotom-S. This is the good old ParaFusion combo that has saved me a good few times and caused my opponents to go mad with frustration. I paralyze with Thunder Wave first, with help from Jumpluff earlier, and then confuse, unless there is need to do otherwise (like opposing Electivire or Jolteon). With that ParaFusion going, the opponent will only be able to attack 3/8 of the time! Add in Air Slash's 30% flinch rate, and you're set for most of the time! Other than silly Blissey and her eternal special fatness, Pursuit is a "problem" here. That's what number 5 is for.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
---
I put quotation around "problem" earlier for a reason. If something like Choice Tyranitar or Scizor rear their ugly heads, I sacrifice Rotom-S, and send in Lucario to take the Pursuit or other Dark move they used on poor Rotom-S, as Lucario 4x resists Dark moves. Usually, they switch to another counter, leaving me free to Swords Dance up and become a monster. To demonstrate, After one Swords Dance, Lucario will OHKO Skarmory if it had previous damage (Brave Bird Recoil, for instance)! That's beastly. Extremespeed helps with his meh speed, and Crunch is for Ghosts. Faster Rotom forms pose a bit of a problem here. I may not be fast enough to Crunch them, or they have a Choice Scarf; both occurrences are fairly common...

Porygonz @ Salac Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP/124 Def/252 Spd/128 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Nasty Plot
---
Another little guy that's fallen from grace is Porygon-Z. This I usually use in tandem with Jumpluff. When he uses Memento on whatever, I tend to send in this guy unless something weird happens. I then safely set up a Substitute, and proceed to Nasty Plot and Substitute down to 25%, hopefully leaving me with a Substitute up, and a Salac boost to crank up his mediocre speed. This little guy has swept teams before that let him crank up his Sp. Attack. If I predict well (and use his analysis page for guidance), I can even set up on Blissey and friends without Memento from Jumpluff. Porygon-Z has major problems with priority move users like Scizor and Metagross, though. While the Salac boost might have kicked in at 25%, Scizor will still hit me and KO if I'm down to that health level (Choice Band Bullet Punch has a maximum damage output of 63.27% on this Porygon-Z). I have to tread careful through teams and try to keep that Sub up until I know a bit more about their lineup.

Now for a weaknesses chart:

You may wish to yell at me for not having things like Stealth Rock or Spikes on this team. All I have to say is sorry. I tried out a neat idea once. Since I rarely use Encore, I had Jumpluff use Mimic in its place. I let them get Stealth Rock up, as they probably will anyway, and then I Mimic that and use it against them. I may try that out again for the heck of it, though. Or if someone talks me into it.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy this team! I'm not sure of a threat list other than what I said in the individual descriptions of each Pokemon. Tell me if you see something I didn't that could mess me up.

=)

If Stealth Rock is up, that goes to a guaranteed KO! Bronzong is 2HKO'd if stealth rock is up.
Hi. You said for yourself in the second last paragraph that you lack entry hazards on this team, so the damage calcs with stealth rock factored in are unreliable.

Going of the post above:
smeargle may not be as fast as Jumpluff, but still gives you double powder, encore, and the addition of stealth rock... or you can put memento in there if you want. I used a smeargle lead with nice success, and that allows you to have something similar to your jumpluff, while still being able to have SR on the field
Maybe something like:
@ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Spe./ 252 Atk. / 4 def.
Magic Coat/ Encore/ Stun Spore
Spore
Stealth Rock
Endeavor/ Memento
-I listed endeavor as it at least gives you something to use in the event of a taunt, however you may use any move in its slot... This can function similarly to your Jumpluff if you wish, though the first moves listed will likely work the best.

Sorry about that Tinky. I had this drafted originally when I had a SR setting lead (Torterra, to be exact), and I forgot to delete that when I transferred it to here with the new members I used. I fixed that though, and did some recalculating. With that said, Skarmory is OHKO'd with Thunderbolt, and standard Bronzong takes 30.18% - 35.8% from Thunderbolt, 48.22% - 57.4% from Flamethrower, and 17.16% - 20.71% from Cross Chop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)