XY UU Comeback Team

Hi there! I just came back in Pokemon from the beginning of gen 5 (I played in gen 4) and i built a UU team.

NOTE: I only play in PS! because i don't have a 3DS (NDS4Life)

The team:​

In depth:

Happy Feet (Empoleon) @Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP/252 Sp.Atk/244 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Substitute
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Beam/Grass Knot (?)

What?? SubPetaya in VI gen???? Yes, SubPetaya in VI gen.
The DPPt era Empoleon staple set works wonders in XY UU, i swept so many teams with it it's not even funny, no one expects Empoleon to be a sweeper and when they realize I'm at +2 speed +1 Sp.Atk in Torrent range, ready to kill everything, only a few things resist this set.
The EV spread is the same that was used in DPPt, 12 HP EVs to get Petaya boost after 3 subs, 252 Sp.Atk to maximise damage output and the rest in speed.
Modest for power.
The moves are easy to explain: Agility and Sub are the set, to get the Petaya Boost and outspeed everything, Surf is for STAB (Maybe i should slap on Hydro Pump? I hate that accuracy tho) and Ice Beam for coverage.
Hard counters to this set are:

-Mega Blastoise

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 250-295 (35 - 41.3%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Utterly walls the set and strikes back with Aura Sphere

-The bane of every special attacker

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 250-295 (35 - 41.3%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Consider that if I'm in Petaya Berry range I have 77 HP and Seismic Toss does 100 HP

-Bulky Waters in general

+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Milotic: 134-158 (34 - 40.1%) -- 37.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 48.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 144-170 (35.6 - 42%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 139-164 (38.1 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I can't touch them, again, should i get Grass Knot?

So a good partner to kill water types as well to absorb Electric and Fighting type moves is:

Fiorella (Roserade) Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Spikes
-Giga Drain/Leaf Storm (?)
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest

This guys, is the best thing to take out Bulky Waters as well as setting up some always useful Spikes, and since in UU there are only a few spinners, Spikes are pretty dominant imo.
The EV spread is pretty normal and tends to maximise speed and Special Attack.
As for the moveset, It's pretty self-explanatory, the sleep from Rest is cured upon switching out because of Natural Cure, so it's better than Synthesis, betwenn Giga Drain and Leaf Storm the choice is hard, I'm using Giga Drain but I don't know.
A lot of Roserade's weaknesses are covered by Empoleon, than we have:

-Chandelure, and Darmanitan, that outspeed Empoleon and threaten it

-Still Blissey

-Forretress and Metagross, that Roserade can't touch

-Galvantula
It isn't a real weakness, but it can set up Sticky Web and ruin the team

So i need a fast Fire Type to end the core:

Because i used it in the Battle Tower------>BurnTower (Infernape) Life Orb
Ability: Blaze (I don't have "Punch" Attacks)
EVs: 172 Atk/84 Atk.Sp/252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Yep, another DP Pokemon
Perfect to end the Core, MixApe utterly destroys Blissey, OHKOes Chandelure and Darmanitan with Stone Edge, Roasts Forretress and with some support AV Metagross with Overheat and Galvantula won't see the sun shine. Close Combat is for a powerful STAB.
EV spread is to OHKO AV Metagross after SR and 1 layer of Spikes with Overheat

84 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 299-354 (82.1 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Then i figured i was very weak to physical attacks and i searched for a defensive Pokemon.

HappyHippo (Hippowdon) Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 Def.Sp (I just took the Smogon Analysis ones)
Nature: Impish
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Slack Off/Toxic (?)

Hippowdon is a fucking fortress, you better take it out with special attacks.
I don't have much to say about this, it's the standard Hippowdon, serves as physical wall, PHazer and to set up Stealth Rock. Earthquake for some damage and Slack Off to annoy some opponents (considering Toxic, but idk).

Hippo is often paired up with

Joy (Blissey) Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
Nature: Bold
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Toxic/Thunder Wave (?)
-Seismic Toss

The special fortress, you better take it out with physical attacks.
The cleric of the team, Thunder Wave can seriously ruin my Core, so i picked it up, Softboiled is for healing, Toxic for hopefully ruining some opponents, but maybe TWave would be better? And Seismic Toss to do some damage.

Cloyster
Cloyster
CLOYSTEEEEEER totally ruins my team after a Shell Smash so:

Muddy Waters (Swampert) Choice Band
EVs: 220 HP/124 Atk/164 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Superpower

I picked this as a counter for a Cloyster that Smashed

+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 220 HP / 164 Def Swampert: 335-395 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

124+ Atk Choice Band Swampert Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 206-244 (85.1 - 100.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you have better suggestions for a Cloyster counter that's good c:
Export:
Happy Feet (Empoleon) @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Fiorella (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

BurnTower (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Joy (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Muddy Waters (Swampert) @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Atk / 164 Def
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

HappyHippo (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Sorry for my not-so-perfect english ahah
Thank you in advance​

While I can't exactly point out details about your entire team, one thing I can say is your Cloyster counter isn't really a counter, due to two inherent problems:

1) It has to come in with full health. Even the slightest chip damage pretty much ensures a 1HKO. Which leads to #2.
2) You have no way of avoiding taking hazard damage. Even coming in once on Stealth Rock/Spikes changes Cloyster's chance to OHKO to 25% and 93.8%, respectively.

The funny thing being, in a way, you have a way to deal with Cloyster far better: Grass Knot Empoleon.

252+ SpA Empoleon Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cloyster: 402-474 (166.1 - 195.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 135-160 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Additionally, you could give Infernape a Choice Scarf over a Life Orb if you want another way to control the threat of Cloyster.

While I can't exactly point out details about your entire team, one thing I can say is your Cloyster counter isn't really a counter, due to two inherent problems:

1) It has to come in with full health. Even the slightest chip damage pretty much ensures a 1HKO. Which leads to #2.
2) You have no way of avoiding taking hazard damage. Even coming in once on Stealth Rock/Spikes changes Cloyster's chance to OHKO to 25% and 93.8%, respectively.

The funny thing being, in a way, you have a way to deal with Cloyster far better: Grass Knot Empoleon.

252+ SpA Empoleon Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cloyster: 402-474 (166.1 - 195.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 135-160 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Additionally, you could give Infernape a Choice Scarf over a Life Orb if you want another way to control the threat of Cloyster.
Yeah, i thought about Grass Knot Empoleon for cloyster, but then Grass Types like Celebi wall me, any Pokemon that i could put in the last slot? I barely use Swampert, soooo yeah...

Yeah, i thought about Grass Knot Empoleon for cloyster, but then Grass Types like Celebi wall me, any Pokemon that i could put in the last slot? I barely use Swampert, soooo yeah...
Really, Swampert isn't too bad on this team, as it has a terrible weakness to Victini(Even Hippowdon takes well over 50% from a Banded V-Create, and Infernape is OHKO'd after hazards), and Swampert does a decent job walling it - 0.4% chance to 2HKO after two V-creates with your current spread - and OHKO's back with an Earthquake.

Some other options might be Honchkrow, providing strong priority and sweep potential with Brave Bird/Sucker Punch, Scarf Krookodile/Hydregion, or Mega Aerodactyl. Any of which can also do a number to Celebi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)