Confronting a Stormy Metagame

Made a few changes. Scizor threatened Reuniclus way too much but Reuniclus was a valuable status absorbed and late-game sweeper. Brellom didn't do much and thus was replaced by Scizor.

What do you guys think?

What threats does Virizion beat?
You could run a mixed set with Close Combat and HP Ice, although I'm not sure how useful this would be.

HP Ice would 2HKO Gliscor, Close Combat takes out Tyranitar and Excadrill, who I think Virizion can take 1 X-Scissor from. It can also take any hit from Rotom-W and KO with Leaf Blade.

Pretty good team you have here. The only problem I see is locking a scarf user (Haxorus) into Outrage. Other than that your team looks solid.

Since you're already forsaking some HP EV's to run Scizor at 12 Spe, you (can) get rid of some more

[pimg]212[/pimg]
Scizor @ Choice Band
216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe (or something else)
[Your original moveset]

The HP EV's still give it maximum health, allowing it to stay as healthy as possible when switching repeatedly into Stealth Rocks.

40 Speed EVs is a bit excessively, no? Since the standard spread seems to be 8 Speed EVs, I think my investment of 12 is pretty safe.

Bump, fixed an error where I had Bullet Punch twice on Scizor. All Pokemon should also have their current moves.

I don't think all the speed investment for Haxorus is necessary. 136 Speed allows you to outspeed base 130's after scarf, and you can adjust it accordingly as you like. Give the rest into HP or Defense for additional bulk.

I don't think you really need a spinblocker since I don't think that hazards are as important as they used to. Anyway, I don't run into that many Rapid Spins in my matches.

Can you stop bumping this every time it gets out of page 1. If your looking for this much help go find someone to help you 1v1. Or scrap this team. No team can become perfect and I feel like your trying to make this team perfect. It's perfectly fine if you don't have a spin blocker, or you get outsped by 1 Pokemon. I've seen this thread on Smogon for over a month.

EDIT: Just check and holy shit you posted this thread on Sept. 5. STOP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)