Conquest -- OU Team

Bulky Offense​

It's a legitimate strategy, right? Generally people define it as a team that can deal some big damage offensively but can tank and heal themselves at the same time. It's my favorite kind of strategy, usually destroying teams and not losing many members in the process. With this team, I wanted to create a bulky core that would be hard to beat, and have the rest of the team revolve around that core. I've aptly named this team Conquest.

Now, let's check this team out, shall we?​

The Anti-Lead
Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
  • Stone Edge
  • Substitute
  • Dynamicpunch
  • Payback
Machamp does a lot of things for my team. On one hand, he's my main counter to many threats, but on the other hand, he's a great anti-lead. This is all made possible due to his exclusive ability, No Guard. Without it, Machamp would be a rather lackluster Pokemon. You see, with No Guard, Machamp gains the luxury of having all of his attacks hit the opponent regardless of accuracy drops, evasion boosts, or attack accuracy. This makes attacks such as Dynamicpunch or Stone Edge, attacks that would often miss on other Pokemon, hit 100% of the time when they're used by Machamp. Dynamicpunch is the main selling point of this set. It's an always-hit move that confuses the opponent. Confusion can really screw up my opponents, making them hit themselves for damage while Machamp keeps pounding on them with his base 130 attack. The rest of the moves allow for coverage; Payback hits ghosts that are untouched by Dynamicpunch, and Stone Edge simply hits threats like Salamence and Gyarados for super-effective damage. Subsitute is really important on this set. Along with my held item, Lum Berry, I can stop status from crippling my Machamp. If I'm up against a status lead, I simply let them hit me with status that is stopped with Lum Berry and set up a Substitute so they can't try to status me again. The EVs are pretty much to allow Machamp to have as much attacking power and tanking power as possible. The special defense EVs allow me to survive an unboosted Psychic from any version of Azelf at full health, which is a major plus for me.

The Supporting Goddess
Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
  • Light Screen
  • Surf
  • Recover
  • Hypnosis
I seriously love Milotic, and she is also a great team player. This set does a lot of things to help out my team. First and foremost, Milotic is excellent at setting up a Light Screen for my team. Light Screen further supports my highly defensive team by making it extremely difficult for special attackers to hurt me. Hypnosis is here for obvious reasons. The low accuracy may be a put off to some players, but it doesn't bother me too much. Hypnosis grants me very annoying sleep on one of my opponent's Pokemon. Since Milotic is naturally a very bulky Pokemon, it can take a few hits while putting something to sleep. Surf is there as it allows me to attack things and hurt a few common threats such as Infernape or Heatran. Recover gives Milotic an amazing staying power, making it absolutely dreadful to try and kill with my good defenses and a Light Screen up.

The Surprise Scout
Scizor (M) @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 176 HP / 108 Atk / 224 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
  • Bullet Punch
  • Roost
  • Pursuit
  • U-turn
This is my personal Scizor set that I've never seen used before by anyone else, and it surprises me. Occa Berry is the magic of this set, as it serves many purposes that you wouldn't think of at first glance. First of all, it allows Scizor to take a fire attack from nearly anything and survive. However, it also allows me to bluff Choice Band. It's so fun to just use Scizor as a U-turning scout for the first bit of the match and then, to my opponent's dismay, I Roost away all Stealth Rock and other damage my Scizor has taken. This Scizor also works as a great trapper with its powerful Technician boosted Pursuit. The other part of this set is Bullet Punch, which, honestly, does it need explanation? Everyone has seen this in action, as with STAB, Technician, and priority, this attack deals huge damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist steel type attacks. The EVs here allow Scizor optimal defensive and offensive capabilities.

The Core

The Dangerous Fairy
Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 32 Spd / 244 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
  • Thunder Wave
  • Leaf Storm
  • Hidden Power: Fire
  • Recover
This is probably my favorite Celebi set of all time. This thing cripples opponents, kills them, and then heals away any damage it might have taken in the process. Thunder Wave is very useful, as it shuts down pretty much anything that likes to sweep. Leaf Storm is a pretty strong STAB attack that hurts most things that don't resist it. It also leaves a massive chunk in Hippowdon. Hidden Power Fire has many uses. It rounds off Celebi's offensive attacks and it grants me a way to hit Scizor and Metagross. Recover is my final move, and it's basically an excellent all-around move for any Pokemon. It allows me to heal up from things like Sandstorm, Life Orb, or entry hazard damage and allows Celebi to stay alive as long as possible.

The Volcano God
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Explosion
  • Dragon Pulse
Heatran is my only real "sweeper" and has seriously proved itself to me. With this set, it can effectively destroy pretty much anything. One of the most useful things about Heatran is that he can absorb any fire typed attack. This is very useful as two of my best members on the team, Celebi and Scizor, are weak to fire. Furthermore, once Heatran has absorbed a fire attacks, his fire attacks are powered up which allows me to deal a significantly larger amount of damage. Most of the time when Heatran comes in, I will start with an Earth Power. This allows me to scout the opponent's team to see if they have their own Heatran. Usually, a Heatran itself is the best counter to a scarf Heatran, so the opponent will bring in their own if they have one. If they do have one, they are taking a powerful Earth Power to the face, and it will likely KO them in one blow. Fire Blast is for obvious power and STAB, and it really deals a ton of damage to an opponent's team once any water or fire type Pokemon are out of the way. Dragon Pulse allows Heatran to be an excellent dragon killed as long as that particular dragon hasn't done any dances lately. Explosion is a real last resort, and it usually takes down pretty much anything that doesn't resist it.

The Versatile Fish
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam
  • Earthquake
  • Stealth Rock
Swampert rounds off my three-part core, and what a core it is. Among the core, I either resist or are immune to every single type in the game of Pokemon. Isn't that awesome? Swampert is pretty much my answer to so many things. He is my set up of Stealth Rock, which means I usually bring Swampert in fairly early during the game. He also scouts the opponent's team for annoying things like Celebi, which gives me the opportunity to bring in Scizor to trap it. The three attacking moves are for ever important coverage against todays top threats. Ice Beam is for dragons like Latias or Salamence, although the former won't take very much from a weak Ice Beam. Hydro Pump is the first STAB attack in my arsenal and it's fairly good at dealing damage. I use this over Surf because Swampert needs all the power he can get since his attacking stats aren't too amazing. Earthquake, finally, allows Swampert to be an excellent Metagross, Infernape, or Heatran killer, as long as the second doesn't have Grass Knot.

Well, there you have it. My newest team. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations...or something. For the record, my record (haha) with this team on battle simulators and WiFi is 26-3. Pretty good, eh? Well, rate it up, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Your two physical walls being weak to the same type (swampert + milotic) could be problematic, despite the fact that grass isn't exactly the most popular type

a common rotom:

rotom-c @ leftovers
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe (or more offensive)
- will-o-wisp
- leaf storm
- hp ground
- shadow ball

Something like this would be a pain, especially if it can be kept alive with wish support or something

I suggest switching milotic with bronzong, who can attract fire attacks for heatran and take heatran's ground attacks as well. You can also use bronzong to set up light screen, use hypnosis, etc.

props for being creative with your scizor, but you should probably make it more offensive, since your team needs more offense (and scizor is generally more effective like that anyway)

gotta get back to studying for exams, gl

edit: okay that rotom form might not be extremely common, but it's around, lol

You kind of need Encore as a lead so that you can debilitate SR leads in order to provoke a switch and in turn Sub on that switch out. This enables you to hit the opponent with DynamicPunch and cause confusion just like that, and since you're behind a Sub combined with the opponent being confused, you likely won't get hit. From there, you can keep firing off D-Punches and aggravating the opponent until the Sub breaks or Machamp is weakened. I would drop Payback for Encore since you aren't normally going to see Ghosts, such as Gengar or Rotom, as a lead, and even if you do, Stone Edge should hit them hard enough.

Do you necessarily need an Occa Berry on Scizor? Surviving a fire attack isn't likely even with Screen support from Milotic, and using a Life Orb when you're running Roost allows you to get that extra punch while at the same time having the ability to heal off those LO recoils.

I somewhat spotted a weakness to Gyarados. On Celebi I don't like Leaf Storm because it's just for a once hard hitting attack, and it doesn't work so great with your other moves. It seems as though you want him to be a hard special hitter. I would drop Leaf Storm for Grass Knot to have a better way to handle Gyarados. And if you wanted to maximize Celebi's offensive capabilities, then dropping Thunder Wave for Earth Power would be an option so that Heatran won't come in and walk all over you. That's just a possibility, but the move transition of L-Storm to GK is all I'm really recommending.

If you're wanting Heatran to hit Dragons as hard as possible, then I would drop Dragon Pulse for Hidden Power Ice. The only bad thing about this is not hitting Kingdra as hard, but you'll be nearly OHKOing if not OHKOing those Dragons such as Salamence and Flygon, with HP Ice. Naive may work a little better than Rash if you're willing to give up some power for Speed in order to not be outrun by mirror matches, and also outspeeding 130 base Speed pokes.

Cost:

I see where you're coming from. Milotic can survive a Leaf Storm, set up a screen, and recover the next turn though, so I'm not worried.

Solidus:

Confusion from Dynamicpunch is usually enough to make the opponent switch. I have Payback because Gengar is obviously the best choice to switch into a Dynamicpunching Machamp.

Having an Occa Berry on Scizor makes as much or more sense as slapping a Shuca Berry on Heatra. And yes, Scizor survives any fire-based special attack due to the special defense investment and Occa Berry, especially including the screens.

Gyarados isn't a problem at all. Celebi can Paralyze it, Machamp can come in and Stone Edge it, Milotic can sleep and wall it to death, etc. If it's a rest talking version it may prove tough but Machamp has the ability to take a hit and Stone Edge it.

Dragon Pulse still OHKO's most Salamence, iirc. Kingdra would be a huge problem for my team otherwise, especially versions that like to sneak under a substitute to block status.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Those SDef EVs on Machamp are for when Leadzelfs were Modest. Basically all of them run Timid now, so you can use 16 SDef EVs on Machamp and transfer the remaining to Attack.

Arrgh the presentation of this team is cool but its so annoying. You have quite an interesting team. I like the idea of your solid core but you have your core but you arent really making anything of it. Machamp doesnt really work well to take advantage of your core simply because you already have an excellent counter to Tyranitar in the form of Swampert. Other than that in terms of defensive prowess he doesnt really offer much. He is an offensive power house but he doesnt really offer much in terms of checks. If you like the mayhem it causes then its probably worth keeping but you could easily just put swampert in that place who i feel functions as a lead better simply because getting out SR is so important. Swampert also beats a lot of common leads.

My main qualm with this team is milotic. Milotic doesnt offer much to the overall team imo and actually leaves you vulnerable to a lot of tactics. For instance stall can give you absolute nightmares, Blissey walls all your special attackers especiallly if it has protect to stop explosion. Machamp will help but you do need to increase your offensive options to beat stall. Milotic is not really helpful and is a passive response to most threats your not going to stop anything setting up with it. Milotic doesnt really offer much in terms of Synergy either most of the types it covers are already covered by other members. If you want a reliable special wall in that slot that will help with stall i suggest you use a Curse Rest Talk TTar instead. This will greatly reduce the risk you face from the likes of LO Jolt and LO Latios you are gonna battle switching into and with Tran gone they will have an easy time sweeping. It ties in with the bulky theme nicely and provides you with unique resistances.

Alternatively although this doesnt help you so much with the afforementioned threats you could run a classic mix mence. This set can single handedly demolish stall and provides you with a fairly reliabe switch into fighting types and will certainly keep you on the offensive. This is the set i suggest you use:

Salamence @Life Orb
80Atk/252sp.atk/176Spe
Mild

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Brick Break
Roost

You should also be aware that Heatran is an extremely crucial member of this team. It ensures you dont autolose to Infernape,Lucario so becareful when these threats are in play.

There is the option to remove Machamp from your team (you would have Swampy as your lead) and instead use Gyarados. Gyarados greatly helps you with fighting types such as Lucario though it can be weak against stall. I would suggest a Bulky Taunt Gyarados with Bounce as if you can eliminate rotom you will find a particulary easy time sweeping. Taunt will be the key to success in this respect.

This is your team as i suggest:

Swampy/(Curse Rest TTar or MixMence)/Celebi/Heatran/Scizor/(Gyarados or Machamp)

I hope this helps.

You could have either protect over Hydro Pump as the coverage that it provides tends to not be that helpful.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Hey there. You have a pretty solid team but there are just some things that need to be fixed.

First of all, I think there are a few things that you should change. The Swampert moveset that you're using now is used better as a lead, but that doesn't mean that it should be your lead. Based on your team I'd suggest running CursePert in place of your normal Swampert. If you set it up correctly, it can be deadly and possibly even sweep teams.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
Moveset:
Rest
Sleep Talk
Waterfall
Curse

At this moment, you currently have no source of SR so I would suggest using the standard Lead Metagross as your lead, which can be found on the Analysis Page.

Next, I suggest changing Scizor to a Choice Banded set with Pursuit / U-Turn / Superpower / Bullet Punch, it works much better than your current set does. Scizor can't even take a STAB Fire Blast with Occa Berry and that makes it pretty useless tbh. Now, I feel Milotic really doesn't belong in this team. It used to be pretty good but now it's only useful in UU. Possibly try taking iKitsune's suggestion and replacing it with MixMence. MixMence makes for a great stall breaker which is important for every team, not only that, but many teams share a common weakness to it.

Lastly, definetely use Naive instead of Rash on Heatran. ScarfTran needs a +Speed nature to function properly in the current metagame. Also, you can try HP Ice instead of Dragon Pulse for an OHKO on Salamence, but that's your choice. Dragon Pulse is pretty much fine.

good luck i hope i helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)