Cotton Ball and a Fire vs Bug(s) and a Fire

Sorry I'm a tad overdue two rounds in a row, it's the holidays.
Field
Rain Dance (1r)

Saleem S

Amulet Coin
HP: 2
EN: 27
Stats: 3/2/2/3/52 1/1 13
Type: Bug
Ability: Swarm / Shed Shell
Other: -10% Evasion, 1 KOC

Shiny Fairymon

HP:
EN: 88
Stats: 3/1/2/3/50 1/1 13
Type: Normal / Flying
Ability: Natural Cure
Other: N/A​
Karra Endure -15 EN
Swab Return -6 EN
crit 573 y
((8 + 2) + 3 + 3 + 4.5 - 3) = 17.5
Karra: 1/12
Swab: 49.5/82

Karra Flail -13 EN
crit 9888
(20 + 4.5 - 1.5) = 23[!]
Swab Return -10 EN
crit 4607
((8 + 2) + 3 + 4.5 - 3) = 14.5
Karra: 1/1
Swab: 35/72

Karra Flail -17 EN
crit 6801
(20 + 4.5 - 1.5) = 23
Swab Return -14 EN
crit 9674
((8 + 2) + 3 + 4.5 - 3) = 14.5

Field
Neutral

Saleem S

Amulet Coin
HP: 1
EN: 1

Shiny Fairymon

HP:
EN: 58
Saleem S

OOC: Don't worry about being late, Vrin- it's the holidays after all. I haven't been checking this quite as frequently myself. Also, I hope you don't roll your eyes too much at the completely crazy combination I'm going to try. It's probably against the rules, but given how the faster Karrablast's flail would knock my Swablu out if I don't, I might as well try. And good game to you as well, Saleem- how well you've used your Karrablast is nothing short of amazing.

Shiny Fairymon and Jerome both stood/hovered still at this turn of events, gaping at what a powerful defensive move endure had turned out to be. Shiny Fairymon quickly closed her mouth, thinking to herself that she should probably teach her pokemon the move endure- she knew all three of them could learn it. She pursed her lips, thinking about a strategy to handle her opponent's flail- the opponent was faster, and so normal attacking wouldn't work. She thought back to the rules- was it possible to work dodge into a combo? Of course, the combo had to make sense. Double Team was a pokemon moving so fast it left after-images of itself...

Shiny Fairymon shrugged. If she didn't do this, and just used return instead, it was a matter of hoping for the unlikely chance her opponent's attack missed, and most likely having Jerome faint. If she did this and it turned out not to be possible, then it was most likey going to end with having Jerome faint. Might as well go with the chance, as unlikely as it was of working- she didn't remember anything in the rules about combos explicitly saying dodge couldn't be part of one.

Dodge+Double Team (2 clones)~Cooldown (Return, if the previous combo was deemed against the rules and changed to struggle)~Return

<Vrin> !asbmove dodge
-ASBot_- Dodge (Command) - -- | Universal | User | -- BAP | -- Acc | 5 EN Cost | -- Eff% | Contact: No | 4 Prio | Combo Type: None | Snatch: No | Magic Coat: No
<Vrin> uh, what do I do if a combo type is illegal, because of the ct: none?
<AOPSUser> nononono vrin you split the combo
<AOPSUser> so if something like Endure+Bide is ordered it'll be Endure --- Bide
<Vrin> ok AOPSUser

Shiny Fairymon, that combo is illegal because of the Combo Type of Dodge being "None". For future reference, commands (things which aren't listed in mons' movepools, like Activate Intimidate, Chill, or Dodge) all have a CT of "None".
And as the IRC message said, you split illegal combos between 2 actions, so requesting Return doesn't work (unless the previous combo failed for other reasons like Flinching).

Though just so you know Shiny Fairymon, I rolled and it wouldn't have saved you anyway [real 3333: 3019 y]

Field
Neutral

Saleem S

Amulet Coin
HP: 1
EN: 1

Shiny Fairymon

HP:
EN: 58
Swablu Dodge -5 EN
Karra Chill +12 EN

Karra Flail -13 EN
crit who cares
(20 + 4.5 - 1.5) = 23
Karra EN KOed itself!
Swablu was KOed!
<Vrin> if a mon EN KOs itself and kills the other mon while doing it (not a combo), is that a tie?
<Engineer> no
<Engineer> the instigator loses
<Phoneman_Legends> EN KO user loses
<Vrin> alright

Shiny Fairymon is the winner! [by karrablast's kind sacrifice]

Prizes
Saleem S
2+1 CC
Karrablast 1 EC | 1 AC | 2 MC | 2 KOC
Burmy 1 EC | 1 AC | 2+1 MC

Shiny Fairymon 2 CC
Swablu 1 EC | 1 AC | 2 MC | 1 KOC
Growlithe 1 EC | 1 AC | 2+1 MC | 1 KOC

Me Normal payout for 2v2: 6 UC
Bonus for reffing more than expected rounds [8 rounds, 2v2, singles]: 8 - (3 * 2 / 1) = 2
6 + 2 = 8 UC

Heh. Yeah, I kind of figured the combo would be illegal, (as made obvious in my original post), but you can't blame a girl for trying. I didn't realize that the EN KO user loses in this sort of situation, or I wouldn't have bothered. Also, I have to agree with Gale Wing Srock- your explanations for my mistakes have been extremely thorough and helpful, and your reffing in general has provided detailed statistics to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)