Counter-weather (without much weather)

I built this team on the PO Smogon server for use to sorta counter the weather teams out there. Please excuse the lack of animations, as I do not know how to use them. Anyhow, here goes.

Mienshao @Life Orb
Naive
Regenerator
160 Atk, 96 SpA, 252 Spe
Hi Jump Kick
U-Turn
HP Ice
Sunny Day

This set is used mainly as my lead. Its used to defeat T-tar leads while being able to handle the obvious Gliscor switch. The EVs are set so that I can OHKO all Gliscor without SpD investment. I carry Sunny Day to jam opposing weather, allowing it to defeat any non-scarfed variants of Politoed. It also carries the team's only ice attack, so it's fairly valuable against enemy dragons. I always make it a point to keep him alive if possible.

Volcarona @Leftovers
Timid
Flame Body
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Substitute

This set is my team's premier special sweeper. I opt for Substitute over the various HP options in order to defeat certain threats that would normally wall it (I.E. Jellicent). It also gives Volcarona the chance to set up on most Heatran, and, while it does take quite a bit of prediction work, can set up on and defeat Chansey and Blissey. I mainly set up on Reuniclus, knowing fully well that even with a Calm Mind up already, Reuniclus is still defeated by a Quiver Dancing Volcarona. Finally, this serves as my best switch-in to Scizor, as there is a chance of a burn on contact, and CB Scizor can't 2HKO with Bullet Punch.

Galvantula @Choice Scarf
Modest
Compoundeyes
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Volt Switch
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Thunder

This is the team's scarfer. I often use it to revenge killed a scarfed Politoed locked in on Hydro Pump in the rain. It is also my only reliable answer to bulky waters such as Vaporeon and Jellicent. Thunder and Volt Switch are used to kill and scout, respectively. I carry Energy Ball for Swampert and Gastrodon (pokes that are 4x grass weak are hard to come by in OU these days), but I am thinking about slashing in either Rain Dance to jam sun teams or HP Ice to take down opposing dragons (Thunder does a plenty good job of that most of the time). Finally, Bug Buzz allows me to take down opposing Latios, Hydreigon, and other less-than-bulky Psychics and Darks.

Milotic @Leftovers
Bold
Marvel Scale
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Tail
Scald

This is the team's physical wall. I've seen this thing take less than half from Haxorus Outrage WITHOUT the Marvel Scale boost. This is the best thing I have against Balloon Excadrill and Hippowdon. Milotic in the past has served the role of walling sand teams like no other. Seriously, in the majority of my battles against sand, this Milotic has been my MVP. It still gets walled by Vaporeon and Jellicent, which is quite bothersome.

Bronzong @Light Clay
Careful
Levitate
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Reflect
Light Screen
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

This is my support Pokemon and special wall. It is the only Pokemon I have with entry hazards and it also sets up dual screens. Coincidentally, it is my best wall to Latios. I carry Earthquake to hit Excadrill without the balloon along with Tyranitar. Those screens have gotten me out of too many jams to count.

Dugtrio @Choice Band
Jolly
Arena Trap
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Aerial Ace

This is the team's star revenge killer and anti-weather guy. It traps and OHKOs all non-scarfed Ninetales variants, and 2HKOing all Tyranitar (OHKOing after 2 switchins to SR). It also traps and kills all non-scarfed non ballooned Heatran, along with other quick fire types such as Infernape. It's also a nice way to trap and kill the opposing Tentacruel trying to set up Toxic Spikes. Edge-Quake makes the ever-obvious core to this set. I carry Sucker Punch as a last-ditch effort against threats such as Latios and priority users. Aerial Ace is used to kill enemy Virizion and Breloom, along with being Dugtrio's best option against Celebi.

Final Thoughts and Personal Analysis:
This team does tend to get walled by Bulky Waters quite a bit. It might help to make room for a Toxic Spiker. I also lack a Rapid Spinner, meaning that Volcarona will often have its sweeping power cut down.

Tell me what you guys think about this team, and please give me some suggestions to improve.

Umm just a quick thing I saw from your team. A lot of your members can be swept by a Swords Dance Infernape. Infernape is faster than all of your members except Galvantula and Dugtrio. However, Dugtrio gets OHKOed by Mach Punch after a Swords Dance. Milotic can wall Infernape. However, if your opponent gets rid of Milotic and Galvantula, then Infernape is as good as the winner. Also, that Sunny Day on Mienshao can be used against you by the same pokemon.

Luckily that hasn't been a problem at the moment. Usually Infernape gets stopped before it can set up by Milotic (and most Infernapes I've seen have been Life Orb 4 attack variants).

I will remember to exercise caution when using Sunny Day. However, since it is more often than not used against Rain teams, Infernape isn't generally a problem. I never set up weather to aid myself: only for jamming opposing weather.

Now with the threat lists!

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - OHKOed by Galvantula, walled and 2HKOed by Milotic
Breloom - Set up on by Volcarona. Trapped and OHKOed by Dugtrio
Conkeldurr - A bit of a problem, but walled by Milotic.
Darmanitan - Trapped and OHKOed by Dugtrio, walled by Milotic.
Deoxys-S - Walled by Milotic, killed by Galvantula

Dragonite - OHKOed by Mienshao after SR, walled and phazed by Milotic
Empoleon -OHKOed by Mienshao, Galvantula, and Dugtrio (sans Aqua Jet). Walled by Milotic
Espeon - Set up on by Volcarona, OHKOed by Galvantula
Excadrill - Walled and defeated by Milotic and Bronzong
Gengar - Another problem, but beaten by Galvantula, set up on by Volcarona
Gyarados - OHKOed by Galvantula
Haxorus - Walled by Milotic (full Def FTW)
Heatran - Walled by Milotic, OHKOed by Mienshao and Dugtrio
Heracross - OHKOed by Volcarona
Infernape - OHKOed by Dugtrio, walled by Milotic
Jirachi -Walled by Bronzong and Milotic
Jolteon - Defeated by Bronzong, trapped by Dugtrio (if choiced)
Kingdra - Nothing really for this. Mienshao, Volcarona for special variants.
Kyurem - OHKOed by Mienshao, walled by Bronzong.
Landorus - OHKOed by Mienshao, walled by Milotic.
Latios - Walled by Bronzong, revenged if choicelocked.
Lilligant -OHKOed by Volcarona and Galvantula, a problem if Sun is up.
Lucario - Walled and 2HKOed by Bronzong, OHKOed by Dugtrio and Volcarona.
Machamp - Walled and burned by Milotic.
Magnezone - OHKOed by Dugtrio and set up on by Volcarona.
Mamoswine - OHKOed by Mienshao and Volcarona, walled by Milotic.
Metagross - Set up on by Volcarona, KOed by Dugtrio w/Prior Damage
Mienshao - Outsped by Galvantula, walled by Milotic.
Reuniclus - Volcarona wins the setup war, big damage by Mienshao.
Roserade - Vocarona sets up and OHKOs, Dugtrio cleans up.
Salamence - OHKOed by Mienshao, walled by Milotic.
Sawsbuck - OHKOed by Mienshao and Volcarona, walled by Bronzong.
Scizor - Burned and set up on by Volcarona, walled by Milotic.
Scrafty- OHKOed by Mienshao, walled by Milotic.
Shaymin - Set up on by Volcarona, big damage by Mienshao.
Sigilyph - Set up on by Volcarona, OHKOed by Galvantula.
Smeargle - Outsped and U-turned by Mienshao, Milotic phazes.
Starmie - OHKOed by Galvantula, trapped by Dugtrio w/Prior Damage
Terakion - OHKOed by Dugtrio, walled by Milotic and Bronzong
Thundurus - Outsped and 2HKOed by Galvantula, OHKOed by Dugtrio.
Tornadus - OHKOed by Galvantula and Dugtrio.
Tyranitar -OHKOed by Mienshao, OHKOed by Dugtrio after SR.
Venusaur - A big problem, but OHKOed by Volcarona.
Victini - OHKOed by Dugtrio, walled by Milotic.
Virizion - OHKOed by Dugtrio, set up on by Volcarona.
Volcarona - OHKOed by Dugtrio
Weavile - OHKOed by Mienshao, set up on by Volcarona, walled by Milotic.
Zoroark - OHKOed by Mienshao and Dugtrio.

Defensive Threats

Blissey - OHKOed by Mienshao, 2HKOed by Dugtrio.
Bronzong - Set up on by Volcarona.
Celebi - Set up on by Volcarona, OHKOed by Mienshao and Galvantula.
Chansey - See Blissey.
Deoxys-D - Set up on by Volcarona.
Dusclops - Set up on by Volcarona, Milotic absorbs status.
Ferrothorn - OHKOed by Volcarona and Mienshao.
Forretress - Set up on by Volcarona, 2HKOed by Mienshao and Galvantula.
Gliscor - Walled+2HKOed by Milotic, OHKOed by Mienshao.
Hippowdon - Walled and 2HKOed by Milotic.
Jellicent - Problem, OHKOed by Galvantula, set up on by Volcarona(no taunt).
Latias - Problem, set up on by Volcarona, phazed by Milotic.
Murkrow - OHKOed by Galvantula and Mienshao(?).
Ninetales - OHKOed by Dugtrio, 2HKOed by Mienshao.
Politoed - Mienshao sets up sun, OHKOed by Galvantula.
Porygon2 - 2HKOed by Mienshao, walled by Milotic.
Rotom-W - OHKOed by Mienshao after SR, 2HKOed by Galvantula.
Skarmory - OHKOed by Galvantula and Volcarona.
Snorlax - OHKOed by Mienshao.
Suicune - OHKOed by Galvantula, maybe set up on by Volcarona.
Swampert - OHKOed by Galvantula, walled by Milotic.
Tentacruel - OHKOed by Dugtrio and Galvantula.
Vaporeon - Problem, OHKOed by Galvantula, set up on by Volcarona (no roar).
Whimsicott - Problem, beaten by Galvantula and Volcarona.
Xatu - OHKOed by Galvantula and Dugtrio, set up on by Volcarona.
Zapdos - Problem, 2HKOed by Dugtrio, set up on by Volcarona (untested).

Umm just a quick thing I saw from your team. A lot of your members can be swept by a Swords Dance Infernape. Infernape is faster than all of your members except Galvantula and Dugtrio. However, Dugtrio gets OHKOed by Mach Punch after a Swords Dance. Milotic can wall Infernape. However, if your opponent gets rid of Milotic and Galvantula, then Infernape is as good as the winner. Also, that Sunny Day on Mienshao can be used against you by the same pokemon.
ya that's what I said about your Milotic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)