"Coverage Team"

Hey, I'm new here and would like some advice on my VGC Masters team. I've already come here many times and have read the forum rules, but if I miss something or anything, please notify me.

I'm running mainly what I call "coverage" team, good type coverage and strategy counters:

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Speed, - Sp Attack)
-Drain Punch
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-Wide Guard

Mienshao is my main lead and supporter, making great use of Taunt (for Set-up Pokemon), Fake out and Wide Guard (For Earthquake, etc. users). Drain Punch is there for a good STAB move. Inner Focus provides defense against other Fake Out users. The Focus Sash helps with her low defenses and allows for me to possibly get in a Taunt or Drain Punch before going down.

Haxorus @ Muscle Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Adament Nature (+Attack, - Sp Attack)
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Tail
-Dragon Dance

Haxorus is my other possible lead or potential late-game sweeper. Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw along with the Muscle Band provide great sweeping, and Rock Slide counters Ice-threats. Dragon Tail is mainly for Trick Room users or other set-ups, and when paired up with Mienshao's Fake out works great.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP/ 156 Attack/ 212 Speed
Adament Nature (+Attack, - Sp Attack)
-Wild Charge
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Coil

With no weaknesses, I included Eelektross as a physical sweeper. Coil seemed safe enough to include with no potential weaknesses and works great with STAB Wild Charge, while Brick Break and Rock Slide provide great coverage with an expert belt boost.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 132 HP/ 156 Sp Attack/ 212 Speed
Modest Nature (+ Sp Attack, - Attack)
-Hydro Pump
-Earth Power
-Sludge Bomb
-Grass Knot

Seismitoad is mainly a special sweeper, with some added bulk. Hydro Pump and Earth Power provide great STAB while Sludge Bomb and Grass knot are for coverage against counters. Seeing as he had high HP and was all attack, I equiped him with the Life Orb for a boost. Seismitoad may also act as an Intimidate counter.

Chandelure @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed
Modest Nature (+ Sp Attack, - Attack)
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Will-o-wisp

Chandelure is my other Special Sweeper. Flamethrower and Shadow ball provide STAB and gain an additional boost from Wise Glasses. Energy ball provides coverage against weaknesses and Will-o-wisp is for crippling other Physical Sweepers. Can also help against Intimidate leads.

Escavalier @ Occa Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Attack / 128 Defense / 128 Special Defense
Adament Nature (+ Attack, - Sp Attack)
-Megahorn
-Iron head
-Pursuit
-Swords dance

Escavalier is my bulk. His great defenses and immunities allow him to set up a Swords Dance on almost anyone, then proceed to destroy with STAB Megahorn (especially if Swarm activates) and Iron head. Pursuit is good for when Escavalier is about to faint and can get one last hit in. Occa Berry provides a bit of help against his only weakness. Escavalier can also serve as a Trick Room counter, with low speed and an advantage against most trick room users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)