Crabrawler, Crabominable Discussion

Remember when Gamefreak revealed Crabrawler at the Pokémon World Championships and showed it KOing Mega Kanghaskhan, Landorus-T and Talonflame to hype it up as some new super competitive attacker?

...How the tables have turned.
I'm pretty sure that was just edited footage.

Also, the Kangaskhan wasn't Mega, it was just a regular Kangaskhan.

breh

強いだね
I'm pretty sure that was just edited footage.

Also, the Kangaskhan wasn't Mega, it was just a regular Kangaskhan.
I mean it's a fighting type KOing two mons with SE close combat (not that surprising) and a water weak mon with nonSTAB crabhammer (more suprising but in theory not impossible with hyper cutter + cb or something). How the fuck it was supposed to KO cresselia (payback??) is beyond me.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
GF, why? Why you hate Ice-types? "Might Glacier" is just a figure of speech, it doesn't mean you need to make most Ice-types slow (since according to the Type chart they ain't mighty defensively).

Mighty glacier, slow but strong with high HP but at best decent defenses.

Got your choice of STABs (so it learns Ice Hammer but not Hammer Arm?). Not a lot of coverage but gets Earthquake, Brutal Swing, and Stone Edge/Rock Slide. Not much in utility, not that you'd want to risk using any. And the only thing I can say about Egg Moves is why does it have Superpower when it learns Close Combat naturally?

Best of luck on a Trick Room set.

You can make Pokémon worse than Crabominable (in theory, of course) work, so the same goes for it. With the right setup it can be quite the monster.

I'm just going around making LC sets for everything. It's Crabrawler's turn:

Crabrawler @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs 176 HP / 100 Atk / 76 SpDef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

CC is STAB, Bulk Up is boosting attack with some nice defense thrown in, EQ is for Ponyta, and Stone Edge is for Flying types. Maybe you could also run a Scarf set with Power-Up Punch, Brutal Swing for Abra and other Psychics, Stone Edge and Earthquake.

This thing's stats really remind me of Granbull. I guess Granbull is better by the virtue of being a Fairy type, but I can see this thing being a monster in RU, since it has offensive presence despite having no priority.

I guess we'll see.

Is this Pokemon remotely salvageable or is it doomed to the depths of RU and below?
I just don't get the logic behind some of these decisions. Slow ice/fighting type. No ice shard, no aqua jet, no mach punch, no sucker punch, no bullet punch. No priority at all? Ok.

I just don't get the logic behind some of these decisions. Slow ice/fighting type. No ice shard, no aqua jet, no mach punch, no sucker punch, no bullet punch. No priority at all? Ok.
Hey what can be said about this thing, it's SLOW. Is it possible for a slow ass coconut crab suddenly swim faster than a jet ski? NO.

Hey what can be said about this thing, it's SLOW. Is it possible for a slow ass coconut crab suddenly swim faster than a jet ski? NO.
I like the fantasy where it's hands(?) open up behind it, and it acts as rockets propelling it forward through the water :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)