Craftsmenship

Hi!
So, what are you thinking about craftsmenship? Do you enjoy crafting sometimes?

Whelp, I do. And I think that's great way to spend free time or if you don't have much free time, reduce stress. I have a lot good time doing that.

Right now I'm interested in knifemaking. I know what you think, but it's quite different. Nowadays people react to knife like it could be only weapon, nothing more. However knifes still have a lot of utility other than stabbing and can be... I'm not gonna say "piece of art" but definitely beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

This is one knife created by maker from my country. Very simple, but also quite nice. He's getting a lot of money and ever more passion from making knives.

Overall it's not very complicated thing, but it requires a lot of patience and precision. If you have only metal files you have to grind for many hours to make a decent knife. I made one knife, it wasn't easy but I was satisfied.

This isn't mine, but is quite similar.

Other thing what I want to do in future is brewing beer and homebrew beer is more and more popular nowadays. People like it, because it can taste great, don't need expensive sets and you can impress your friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)