Creative Sets in Smogon Doubles (Updated for ORAS @ Post #83)

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Basically, the point of this set is to just destroy stuff and nab KOes on lots of things with an SD boost. A lot of things in this meta are threatened by Chomp so it forces defensive plays at times + it has good enough Speed and bulk so it works. With an SD, Garchomp threatens and KOes so much stuff, even more under TW. Lum Berry + a natural immunity to TWave means it's not easily crippled by status so it can do its work easier. A Lum Berry also lets it set up on Rotoms, Amoongs, etc. Stone Edge gives it better SE coverage and lets it beat ZardY, Thund, Togekiss, and some stuff without a boost. Dragon Claw is still useful as a STAB move though.

A good partner would probably be Togekiss which gives Chomp more room to SD and sets up TW. Another would be ZardY which Chomp compliments really well. Chomp takes out Tran and Fire-types while ZardY fries Hitmontop, Scrafty, Ferro, and Amoong.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-154105371
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-151552233

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Fusion Bolt

step 1. get rid of fairies
step 2. hope you get lucky outrage coinflips
step 3. 252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 394-465 (111.9 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

also switching in resists doesn't work unless it's like ferro or uh... skarm?
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 197-232 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

also dragon claw is always an option if fairies/ferro are still alive but you don't get the same power as outrage

the other two moves are complete filler and i've never used them

this works mighty fine with tailwind support and redirection that togekiss provides

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got some fun support Victini sets to share that I came up with after I saw hashtag use Victini :)

Victini @ Expert Belt / Flame Plate / Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 16 SpA / 72 SpD / 108 Spe or 236 HP / 76 Def / 56 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Glaciate / Final Gambit / Helping Hand
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

The HP and Def investment lets it always live a LO Bisharps Sucker Punch which is nifty, and you can OHKO back with Blue Flare. It also always lives an Adamant Kangas Double Edge and you can Wisp it back, it always lives a Landorus-T's Earthquake factoring in spread (and even non-spread ones only have like a 38% chance to OHKO), you always live LO Keldeos Scald (seriously though, Hydro Pump is better), and you live a bunch of other neat shit. The item choices are all up to you, if you want more offense (and something like a 25% chance to OHKO 252 / 72+ SDef Amoonguss) I recommend a Flame Belt or Expert Belt (if you opt for Glaciate). Defensive / Support oriented ones can go for Lefties or a Sitrus Berry. The speed EV's outrun Jolly Breloom so you can beat it the fuck out.

Blue Flare was the main attack because 1. the names balling, and 2. it hits as hard as Overheat but without the drop so it's kind of amazing. Protect is for protecting obviously, and Will-O-Wisp is what this set was built around so it's more accurate than Rotom Wisps. The 2nd slot is where the main deviations are from, with the slot being for what you want your 'Tini to do. Glaciates just a better Icy Wind and it's in-game animation is sexy af tbh. You can also hit Dragons or Landos who wanna switch in on Victini with it quite hard, so that's pretty cool. Final Gambit is a bomb that can be used if you need something dead or near dead. Helping Hand is a move I find quite nifty on Rain when paired with Muddy Water. Using Victory Star to get slightly more accurate attacks plus the bonus power from Helping Hand is pretty amazing. The best part about Victini in Rain though is that it can beat or really really hurt any Ferros or Amoongs that otherwise really annoy the fuck out of you and wanna stop your Muddy Water spam. If you do wanna use it on rain I recommend a spread 236 HP / 76 Def / 56 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe which outruns neutral 70's (specifically Bisharp), has like a 50% chance to OHKO the aforementioned Amoonguss spread and also satisfied my desire to avoid speed ties by being able to live a LO Muddy Water from Modest Kingdra in Rain (with spread factored in) so that it could Glaciate it so my own Kingdra would outrun the opposing one or something.

Last edited:

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion

Ludicolo @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Teeter Dance
- Ice Beam / Fake Out / Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain

the most mexican set for the most mexican of pokes.

For real though, the set capitalizes on the ability to buy a few turns for your side with Teeter Dance. You're able to get yourself out of a few tricky situations against threatening Pokes or ones that wall you to hell and back with Teeter Dance. Make sure to pair this up with Pokes that can use protect. A more bulky EV spread is definitely an option if you really love Teeter Dancing (180 HP survives Modest Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor).

tbh, the best reason to use this set is to annoy the fuck out of your opponent. No one's gonna be playing at their best when both of their Pokes are confused, and really safe (double switching) or really risky (double targeting) plays usually come after firing off a Teeter Dance. Use this to your advantage.

Ludicolo @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Teeter Dance
- Ice Beam / Fake Out / Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain

the most mexican set for the most mexican of pokes.

For real though, the set capitalizes on the ability to buy a few turns for your side with Teeter Dance. You're able to get yourself out of a few tricky situations against threatening Pokes or ones that wall you to hell and back with Teeter Dance. Make sure to pair this up with Pokes that can use protect. A more bulky EV spread is definitely an option if you really love Teeter Dancing (180 HP survives Modest Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor).

tbh, the best reason to use this set is to annoy the fuck out of your opponent. No one's gonna be playing at their best when both of their Pokes are confused, and really safe (double switching) or really risky (double targeting) plays usually come after firing off a Teeter Dance. Use this to your advantage.
While you're at it throw in a terrakion and whimsicott, and maybe like a cosmic power minimize clefable.

Last edited:
Making a new post for these sets instead of adding them to the other one bc I want more likes.

Talonflame @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp / Quick Guard / U-Turn
- Protect

Mix Goggles Talonflame was a 6th mon niche-filler on my semi Trick Room team that accomplished two very important tasks that my semi-Room team struggled with: A reliable switch-in to Amoonguss and a reliable way to beat Ferrothorn/Aegislash without having to take ridiculous recoil from Barbs or play King's Shield mind games. 0 SAtk with a neutral nature KOs Tank Ferro, Blade-form Aegis (obv), and standard Bisharp. Overheat + Jolly Lando EQ also always KOs 252HP Aegislash from full HP which is neat. On my team I used Will-O-Wisp but you could use Quick Guard or U-Turn too if that's what your team needs. No tailwind because this set works best for Trick Room.

0 SpA Talonflame Overheat vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Ferrothorn: 360-424 (102.2 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Talonflame Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 294-348 (108 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Talonflame Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 152-182 (46.9 - 56.1%) -- 27% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 186-222 (57.4 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rotom-Wash @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 164 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Offensive Twave Washtom. Deals 75% to Azumarill with Thunderbolt (more actually but that was the benchmark I started with) to deal with Belly Drum sets. Hydro Pump deals 82% to Sub Heatran (180HP/0SDef) so that it cannot Sub after leftys recovery next turn. Outspeeds 200 speed EV Heatran (you hit 241) which is the fastest version that carries Sub that I'm familar with. If you're new or just don't know your resist berries Rindo Berry reduces Super Effective damage from one grass attack. Rindo + Twave because the team I use this set on is super Shaymin Sky weak so I survive Seed Flare and cripple with Twave, but you can just run Sitrus or something if you aren't shaymin weak. Twave is also just nifty to have on Rotom. The 212 HP is just what I had left.

164+ SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
164+ SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 302-356 (82 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Rindo Berry Rotom-W: 175-207 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
This thread is now updated for ORAS. Since the metagame is still quite fresh, there are all sorts of interesting ideas and sets brewing up. This thread, of course, will be a place where you can post unique sets and discuss them with others. Remember to be respectful to others, and I recommend you read the original post, especially if you are new to the thread.

The Hall of Fame has also been reset for the new metagame (so basically if you were asking "why is this Hall of Fame empty?", that'd be why)

Anyway, feel free to post! :D

While not exactly a set, something that I've been using (I wasn't the first to do it) is investing 124 speed EVs (reaching 187 speed) on Sylveon because it outspeeds 252+ Mega-Salamence under tailwind. This can be taken out of HP or Def on most non TR Sylveon EV spreads. If your wondering, it's useful because hyper voice can penetrate subs and kill the substitute variants which can be a life saver.

Not sure how creative the set is but I like the EVs, lots of people don't expect Suicune to have Protect a bunch of the time which is also handy. Suicune got the biggest non-mega buff in ORAS (imo) and I've never regretted using this set on several teams. Tailwind is what I usually have been using but Roar is nice for Azumarills that want to BD in your face, Slowbros, and TR setters. 24 speed EVs hits 212 to creep Rotom forms and outspeed Adamant Scarf Lando-T in Tailwind, but if you want more you can take the EVs from SpDef since it was the leftovers. Mega stats were included in all calcs.

EDIT: 32 speed to outspeed M Sceptile in Tailwind (hits 214) thanks Speedholes

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 136 SpA / 8 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind / Roar
- Protect

Defensive Calcs
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Suicune: 342-403 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Suicune: 402-474 (99.5 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO <no OHKO through Sitrus
252 SpA Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Suicune: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (4 hits) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Suicune: 408-488 (100.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO <survives through Sitrus

Offensive
136+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 254-302 (105.3 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO <this is why Hydro over Scald (mega Diancie obv)
136+ SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Excellent Suicune spread
I posted basically this set in the metagame discussion thread after seeing it in one of your videos hahaha.
It really does feel like the best Suicune set in the ORAS meta, I've never regretted having it on a team. One minor thing that I tend to change is moving 8 of the SpD EVs into Speed so that you can outrun Mega Sceptile under Tailwind and OHKO with Ice Beam. It's a very minor thing but worth it imo, the extra 2 SpD isn't a big deal.

I run something similar, but I put 96 into speed so I can outspeed scarf landoge. this takes away a little from defense and spa, but landoge is still a big threat.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Didn't want to post this, but I've been raving about it, so here's a really good Mega Latias set.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

This thing ends games. Mega Latias's insane 80/120/150 bulk and good-as-ever 110 base Speed lets it get a Sub up - and keep it up - with ease. If you get a Sub up against Rain after removing the tiny number of things that can hurt it (basically token Steel, Talonflame, and the occasional Fairy) it walls entire Rain teams. Got a Sub up against Mega Charizard Y? Set up, you win. Landorus-T got you down? Don't worry, Rock Slide can't break your Sub in one hit. Too many Subs? You have the bulk to forgo Protect. Heal yourself. Take your time, it's not like much is realistically threatening you. Pair with Amoonguss and Flash Cannon Heatran for best results. Speed control is nice too, but not always needed (helps mostly against Mence, but you use -2 Sceptile as setup bait and you can also set up on fucking Mega Metagross holy jesus balls).

Speed outruns max 108s. If you come in before opposing Lati@s come in, you beat them.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Arcticblast was raving about that set on IRC and I decided I would try it out with a teensy weensy alteration.

Stored Power

I recommend Arcticblast try it out over Dragon Pulse some time. I paired it with Amoonguss for set up, Conkeldurr for Darks, and Wide Guard Aeg for Hyper Voice. If you can get 2 Calm Minds, it's stronger than any attack Latias has (except Meteor). And if you get 3.... well they might as well just forfeit unless they can get a really good physically offensive Dark type matchup in successfully.

It's probably not strictly better, but it sure is more fun :)

We all know who the real strongest Dragon is:

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Sleep Talk

With Specs and Adaptability Dragalge hits super hard. I prefer Scald since it hits hard enough and the burn chance is actually great if you predict something like a Mawile switch in, although Hydro Pump lets you 2HKO Heatran after Protect and Lefties. Sleep Talk lets you switch in on Spore and Sleep Powder users indiscriminately since you wall basically all of them barring something like EQ Venusaur, and Dragalge doesn't have much else for coverage unless you want to run Focus Miss for no real reason. Here's some calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 244-288 (101.2 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Scald vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 224-264 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Hydro Pump vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 306-362 (83.1 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 424-500 (107.6 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 382-450 (108.5 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Rotom-W: 322-380 (105.9 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 460-542 (139.3 - 164.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And on the defensive it can take pretty much any special attack not named Draco Meteor, and even some physical attacks:

48 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 170-200 (51.6 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 180-214 (54.7 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 232 HP / 24 Def Dragalge: 279-328 (84.8 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Trick Room is obviously highly recommended.

I have been using this lanturn set as a bulky water that also fills a niche as a great partner for my discharge using thundurus, The niche it fills is somewhat of a lure, It brings in things that my team has trouble with such as M-Venusaur, Amoongus, Latios Ect And either forces a switch, Or takes them out on the spot with the help of thundurus, This thing Takes alot of punishment and with discharge constantly recharging its HP, it can stick around for quite a while, ive had plenty of games where lanturn was on the field the entire game, The star of the set is Soak, and like i said really helps with Alot of different pokemon

Lanturn Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Bold Nature
- Soak
- Protect
- Discharge
- Scald/Hydro pump

Hydro Pump Nets more KO's but scald is such a great utility move, Probably going to keep scald anyways, but its food for thought

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
here's a bulky volcarona set that I like:

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 224 HP / 76 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Benchmarks:
-outspeed breloom
-OHKO standard amoonguss with ogreheat 100% of the time
-rest in bulk

Volcarona has a lot of things going for it as a Rage Powder user. For one, it stops grasses hella better than amoonguss do, and for two, flame body is sexy. Look at this if u want an offensive FM user

here's a bulky volcarona set that I like:

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 224 HP / 76 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Benchmarks:
-outspeed breloom
-OHKO standard amoonguss with ogreheat 100% of the time
-rest in bulk

Volcarona has a lot of things going for it as a Rage Powder user. For one, it stops grasses hella better than amoonguss do, and for two, flame body is sexy. Look at this if u want an offensive FM user
Tried this set on one of my teams, Great job! fills every niche i needed to be filled, but quick question, why not max out HP?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Tried this set on one of my teams, Great job! fills every niche i needed to be filled, but quick question, why not max out HP?
you get optimal mixed bulk when your HP value is no more than twice that of your lowest defense. besides, volc redirects physical hits a lot (e.g. from bisharp, conkeldurr) so it's nice to have the extra physical bulk.

Right now, Sableye's a pretty strong anti-meta pokemon imo.

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Quash

EVs shamelessly taken from KyleCole (Thanks!). The defence EVs lets it always survive a Banded Talonflame Brave Bird from full, and the rest are thrown into Spd. For the moves, Taunt and Will o' Wisp are pretty run-of-the-mill for Sableye. Taunt is for stopping tailwind, trick room, spore, t-wave, sub etc. I've been seeing a good bit of speed control lately, especially in the current ladder, which makes this real handy. Did I mention that this set is really solid against Mence + Redirection? Anyways, Will o' cripples most mence variants, as well as pretty much any other physical attacker not named Talonflame, or like, Infernape, I guess. Fake Out is there because it's good. Anyways, the weird move here is Quash. If you don't know what it does, click this: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/moves/quash
Basically, this lets Sableye's partner "outspeed" potential checks, and nail them for a quick KO. The cool thing about Quash is that it ignores both Tailwind and Trick Room, because it just makes the target move last in its priority bracket, rather than actually modifying its speed stat. For the same reason, Quash ignores the fact that turn order is determined at the beginning of the turn, which makes it surprising af. As you might imagine, this set would be best paired with slow and powerful attackers, like Kyurem-B. When using Quash, try to be careful that the target of Quash doesn't use protect, because it essentially makes you lose your turn. That aside though, Quash Sableye is a really solid mon that you guys should definitely try!

Right now, Sableye's a pretty strong anti-meta pokemon imo.

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out
- Quash

EVs shamelessly taken from KyleCole (Thanks!). The defence EVs lets it always survive a Banded Talonflame Brave Bird from full, and the rest are thrown into Spd. For the moves, Taunt and Will o' Wisp are pretty run-of-the-mill for Sableye. Taunt is for stopping tailwind, trick room, spore, t-wave, sub etc. I've been seeing a good bit of speed control lately, especially in the current ladder, which makes this real handy. Did I mention that this set is really solid against Mence + Redirection? Anyways, Will o' cripples most mence variants, as well as pretty much any other physical attacker not named Talonflame, or like, Infernape, I guess. Fake Out is there because it's good. Anyways, the weird move here is Quash. If you don't know what it does, click this: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/moves/quash
Basically, this lets Sableye's partner "outspeed" potential checks, and nail them for a quick KO. The cool thing about Quash is that it ignores both Tailwind and Trick Room, because it just makes the target move last in its priority bracket, rather than actually modifying its speed stat. For the same reason, Quash ignores the fact that turn order is determined at the beginning of the turn, which makes it surprising af. As you might imagine, this set would be best paired with slow and powerful attackers, like Kyurem-B. When using Quash, try to be careful that the target of Quash doesn't use protect, because it essentially makes you lose your turn. That aside though, Quash Sableye is a really solid mon that you guys should definitely try!
Ive played with this on a team ive been working on and its INCREDIBLE! one of the greatest support pokes ever

so this is probably the least viable Amoonguss set of all time but now that suspect laddering is over I figured I would share. During the beginning of the suspect test I saw that a lot of bunny teams were running around and I decided that if I started to run into it a few times in one night I would use this set. It's basically made to counterteam the team known as bunny rampage and although I didn't get the chance to ladder with it, if you are about to battle Haruno TGMD or even TRC you should have this set in your back pocket

Amoonguss @ Expert Belt
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SAtk / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
  • 88+ SpA Expert Belt Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 298-353 (73.7 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (perfect for after a BD)
  • 252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Amoonguss: 306-362 (70.8 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Amoonguss: 325-384 (75.2 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It outspeeds Azumarill

"why not use Mega Venusaur" because this team doesn't care about your grass types most of the time and azumarill will stay in on amoong a lot of the time to hit it with Play Rough. It also lets you not have to use up your mega slot with mega venu. Like I said this set isn't immensely viable but I figured it was kinda funny. Also running a little bit of speed on Amoonguss isn't the worst thing ever. I guess you could take a little HP out to always KO azu from 75% if you wanted to improve this.

because regular amoonguss gets stomped by 2 azumarills or 1 after taking a little bit of damage, this can at least beat one
But then you're at a massive disadvantage against any team that isn't running azumarill, because you only have 252 evs invested into bulk, instead of 508. If you really wanted to, you could run the same speed investment so you can outspeed it and get off the spore, then kill it or cripple it next turn; but that's still an awful lot of investment to beat one specific threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)