Cresselia Love!

My friend and I decided to make new teams to battle each other wireless and only had around two weeks to do it and I decided to make my team based on my second favorite pokemon of all time, Cresselia. She can wall a lot of things and supports the team a lot by taking out a lot of pokes that are a threat to my team. Well, when we battled I got beaten in the end. I could really use the help as I do want to use this team for future wifi/ shoddy battles.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
212HP/130Def/168Spd
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall

Became my favorite lead ever mostly because of its intimidate and pretty stable base stats to take some hits. I mostly like how it takes and kills both Weavile and Breloom after a Intimidate plus with the defense and HP evs investments. As for the evs, max leftover recovery for HP evs, enough speed to outspeed Breloom, and the rest in defense but nature in attack to boost it a bit. Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Earthquake for boosted coverage but Ice Fang is imply for Breloom and maybe some other pokes. Taunt could work but then I can not hit Breloom. He is working as a lead when I battled my friend with this team and my other team that both have lead Gyarados.

I been thinking of making his nature jolly instead to outspeed jolly Breloom but should I breed a Jolly Gyarados for this purpose?

Electivire@Expert Belt
Motor Drive
226Atk/204Spd/80SpA
Lonely
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Thunderbolt

All Gyarados needs their back up support unit that loves his main weakness, electricity. Electivire fits this job like a god. Hits the 13 out of the 17 types super effectively. Evs are normal except more speed to outspeed adamant ScarfChomps, after motor drive, that I might run into incase it switches into one of my electric attacks as I seen it before. Moveset is normal, nothing suprising.

Does Life Orb work better than expert belt on the mixed set?

Weezing@Leftovers
Levitate
196HP/158Def/156SpA
Bold
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

OK!! Special attack evs? Iill explain later but I chose Weezing as my Defensive pokemon due to its defensive and its ability to take on Heracross, which many defensive walls can not since his Choice Band Megahorn or Close Combat hurt really bad and has stone edge but I usually switch in Weezing on a megahorn or close combat. As for his evs, max leftovers recovery, enough special attacks to KO gyarados that have affected by stealth rock, and the rest of the evs and nature in his defense to take hits. His moveset is pretty much standard.

Do not recommend black sludge since the answer will always be NO!!

Porygon-Z@Life Orb
Adaptability
70HP/188Spd/252SpA
Timid
-Agility
-Hyper Beam
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball

AgiliPlotZ!! After an agilty and after a nasty plot, boy does this OHKO with shadow ball and hyper beam. He is meant to be my special sweeper and is guaranteed to take out at least one pokemon of the opponents every time.
He is prety much standard but speed to outspeed adamant choice scarf weavile.

Is it worth it to outspeed jolly choice scarf weavile instead of just the adamant one?

Cresselia@Leftovers
Levitate
204HP/176SpA/130SpD
Calm
-Ice Beam
-Moonlight
-Psychic
-Substitute

WTF!!! Substitute Cresselia, have I lost my mind? No, I like this set. I use Cresselia as my special wall since it has a lot of evs in special defense and has the boost nature. the evs are to satisfy both substitute and max leftovers recovery, special attack evs to reach 220 special attack stat,and finally the rest of the evs in special defense and a special defense boosting nature. Counters pokes like mixape, garchomp, or even Gengar but epecially if I can put up substitute before they are facing Cresselia. If you look at it closely, I am immune to status like poison and sleep which are common to Cresselia since it is not restalk Cresselia. Then, behind a sub, I can attack while the oppossing pokemon attacks the sub and I only take the damage from making the sub. Effective way to get rid of Garchomp, Mixape, and even Gengar. I love this strategy. Lastly, Moonlight is for obvious healing.

Just wondering, if I switch Cresselia out with a substitute up on Tyranitar and it uses pursuit, will it hit the sub instead Cresselia?

Donphan@Leftovers
Sturdy
212HP/206Def/92Spd
Impish
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic

My support and my way to take Heracross stone edges that Weezing sometimes can not. Does well on helpin the team out although I am disappointed on two things: He does not have a instant recovery move and his ability F***** sucks in competitive play!!!!! The evs are for max leftovers recovery obviously, speed is enought o outspeed all normal speed tyranitars like Boah, then the rest is in the defense as well as the defense boosting nature. Earthquake is to have a proper attacking move,Roar is to phaze, Stealth rock for support, and lastly is toxic which destroy walls that do not have restalk like the stupid ghosts that switch in like Dusknoir, Spiritomb, or even the rare Mismagius. He does Ok but then I am looking for something better.

Could Forretress work here better than Donphan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)