"Crikey!!" ( New Feraligatr Discussion)

#160 Feraligatr

Poor guy hasn't had a discussion thread in months. Its time to change that...​

I always thought this thing had potential. Now, D/P really brings out its power.​

Trait: Torrent - When Feraligatr's HP gets low, its Water Type attack's power is multiplied by 1.5​

Base Stats: HP 85 / Attack 105 / Defense 100 / Sp. Attack 79 / Sp. Defense 83 / Speed 78​

____________________________________________​

STAB in BOLD

Physical Movepool

Scratch
Rage
Bite
Ice Fang
Thrash
Crunch
Slash
Aqua Tail
Super Power
Focus Punch
Dragon Claw
Frustration
Iron Tail
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Brick Break
Rocl Tomb
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power
Fling
Shadow Claw
Giga Impact
Avalanche
Rock Slide
Natural Gift
Cut
Strength
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Rock Climb
Ice Punch
Metal Claw​

Awesome physical movepool. Just amazing. He has Ice Punch/Fang, Aqua Tail and Waterfall, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Focus Punch, and Brick Break. What more can you ask for? (Don't answer that question lol)
This takes on pretty much everything. Too bad you can only have 4 move slots. =/​

Special Movepool

Water Gun
Hydro Pump
Water Pulse
Hidden Power
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Hydro Cannon
Ancient Power​

Special Movepool is meh. =/​

Support Movepool

Leer
Scary Face
Agility
Screech
Roar
Toxic
Hail
Protect
Rain Dance
Double Team
Rest
Attract
Endure
Swords Dance
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Swagger
Substitute
Mud Sport
Water Sport
Dragon Dance​

Wow. Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. I'm liking the Agility and Roar too. :] Support Movepool just PERFECT for his Physical Movepool.​

Overall, an average movepool. With so many possibilities, this beast might be unpredictable.​

Bolt's Sample Movesets
(Not recommended)​

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EV's: 212 HP / 242 Attack / 54 Defense
Adamant Nature (+Attack, - Sp. Attack)
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall / Aqua Tail
- Crunch / Rock Slide / Earthquake /

Now that I think of it...this kinda looks like Gyarados. lol Without the x4 weak to Lightning, and Intimidate, and ground resistance.​

This thing could also be a CBGatr and CSGatr. A lot of possiblities.

Maybe this can be the Gyarados of UU...
Ah anyways, discuss.​

Great Title

The DD set probably wants some Speed EVs, enough to outrun Infernape/Gengar/etc after a DD at least IMO (which is 172 Speed EVs).

Ice Punch + Dragon Dance is NOT illegal...
!) Breed a Dragon Dance Dratini in Emerald, raise it to dragonite
2) Tutor Ice Punch on Dragonite in Emerald
3) Send to DP and Breed Dragonite w/ Feraligatr

Its legal

Well the question of the legality of Dragon Dance + Ice Punch is a good one, because what it does is it gives Feraligatr a bit of a leg up on Gyarados having Ice Punch instead of Ice Fang, Which in turn gives you a reason to use Gatr instead of Gyarados. Personally I like Gatr a whole lot, and use it on almost all my teams in RSE and I am glad its getting even better for Diamond/Pearl. We should see it some in the Overused Enviornment and destroy things in the UU enviornment most likely

(lol I made this post on my Wii)

Anyways, the reason I didn't put Ice Punch over Ice Fang was because I was pretty sure it was an illegal moveset. =/

I though you can't breed tutor moves onto other species pokes. idk

I don't think this will be UU, but BL. For the reasoning that,
A) Gyarados outclasses it for the OU Water DDer, learning all the moves that it uses(Minus Ice Punch), a better trait and stats. And Gyara learns taunt.
B) It outclasses all the other UU DDer's, such as Lapras and Altaria.
C) Much like Gyarados, there is hardly a counter after a few DD's. It can set up on most of the UU walls, and doesn't have an SR Weakness. I think the sheer effectiveness of Gatr might make some centralization in UU metagame.
D) Ice Punch/Earthquake/Aqua Tail/Dragon Dance is very hard to beat IMO, with those stats it can serve as a bulky water as well, and theres no real revenge killer for it.

So Gatr in BL imo. We all want to see a GSC starter dominate an environment, but we haven't seen a metagame yet but this is just an assumption.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(lol I made this post on my Wii)

Anyways, the reason I didn't put Ice Punch over Ice Fang was because I was pretty sure it was an illegal moveset. =/

I though you can't breed tutor moves onto other species pokes. idk
Generally no, but in this case Ice Punch happens to be a bred move for Feraligatr, so a Dragonite with Ice Punch and Dragon Dance can pass it down.

It should be heavily noted that Feraligatr gets both Focus Punch and Crunch over Gyarados (and doesn't have the weaknesses of flying). He's very comparable to Gyrados but is not inferior in every way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)