XY LC Currently undefeated HO LC team (16-0)

Just a preface, if any of you have seen my previous RMT; Undefeated RU team, then you will know I'm terrible with the formatting of the RMT, so no pictures of the mons, or show/hide buttons. (If anyone would like to give me a few pointers on that, could you do so in the comments please).

Also I'm not claiming this to be the greatest team ever, I just went undefeated with it and thought I should share, this was all done on one of my many many alts, so I am pretty low on the ladder to start off with, but I do believe this team will do well high up there. I'm just so busy nowadays I don't have time to ladder or even play much, but I like doing these RMT's so here it is. (If you decide to use this and your also high up on the ladder, let me know in the comments how well you fare).

Now on to the team:

The star of the team: The Magician

Yung Zam (Abra) @ Life orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Abra is just pure power in LC, the EV spread maximises speed and power to hit 19 and 20 respectively, the rest is in Sp Def, nothing too special there. Substitute is to get around the ever popular sucker punch from Pawniard and Cacnea, HP Fighting OHKO's the Pawniard and Psychic destroys everything that's not Pawniard. Dazzling Gleam to round out the coverage. Abra was meant to be a wall breaker but most of the times, it sweeps just about everything. Either leading off with it, or using it late game would be ideal, don't try to switch into anything unless you know its a resist 100%.

The hazard setter that wants to sweep: The Screwdriver

Phillips (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Def/ 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

I initially wanted to use Drilbur as a Hazard Setter and more defensive than usual, however as I saw the team develop, into more an HO team, offensive Drilbur just fits it so much better, it still has stealth rock and rapid spin for support but I rarely even see the need to use them, Earthquake for anything that isn't flying and rock slide for anything that is. Again the EV's are optimised for Atk and Spd with the rest thrown into HP and Def, the HP does increase by one point, the Def EV's don't do anything, but they look fancy. :]

Surprise factor: The Light Bulb

Energy Efficient (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 228 SpA / 60 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Like Drilbur this was at first going to be defensive but as I saw the team develop into HO, I realised I needed a scarfer, 17 speed with a scarf allows you to out speed all of the unscarfed meta, chose Volt Absorb instead of WA to stop opponents building momentum with Volt Switch. Again pretty standard EV's just getting the absolute max from Speed and Sp Atk that I could. Classic Bolt/Beam coverage, I use scald over Hydro Pump, even in HO just because I hate to miss and scald over surf because I don't mind giving up 10% in power for a nice burn chance, Volt Switch to form part one of my pretty disgusting Volt-Turn core.

Bird Spam: Priority Monster

Twitter (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 44 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

This mon just cleans up, especially with Timburr and Meinfoo being so popular, Fletchling is so good right now, a no item Acro pretty much destroys everything that doesn't resist it, and although I hardly use SD, if you can find opportunity to use it, use it then proceed to sweep, as long as the foe's electric/steel types and faster priority are gone, this pretty much cleans up, U-Turn for when I need it and roost if your looking low. Adamant nature because Gale Wings, EV's to maximise Atk and Speed, the other EV's give a point in HP and Defence, the Sp.Def EV's are again useless, but again do look pretty fancy so yeah.

Revenge: Fast and Caustic

Kid Caustic (Elekid) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

Needed a revenge killer on the team, 20 speed basically out speeds almost anything that's not scarfed. As well as another resist to the ever dangerous Fletchling. T-Bolt for power, Volt Switch to complete the Volt-Turn core and keep up momentum, HP Grass for ground types and Psychic for good coverage. Again EV's to max Speed and Sp.Atk, nothing too fancy here. Bonus points for getting his nickname.

The forgotten member: Powerful Though

Rock Lobsta (Corphish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

If I'm being completely honest here I hardly use the sixth slot mon, but Corpish has nice priority with aqua jet and knock off, because knock off, again being honest, I have no clue what the EV's are for, my boy gave me this set from another RMT or some forum or another. lol. However its surprisingly bulky and the few times I have used it, I felt like without him I would of been screwed.

Some good replays from testing if anyone is interested:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183508905
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183511171
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183519322
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183517350
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183516522
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183514513
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183519322

EDIT: Corphish actually putting in that work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183546349

Peace :]

Importable Team:

Phillips (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Rock Lobsta (Corphish) @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Kid Caustic (Elekid) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

Yung Zam (Abra) @ Life orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Twitter (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 44 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Energy Efficient (Chinchou) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 228 SpA / 60 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Hey, Based God TaranK, this is an excellent team and I really like it.

First off, you want to change Corphish's EVs to 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe, but keep the current nature you have. The added speed will let you to sweep better and still hit Eviolite numbers. Also, I would like to suggest Crabhammer over Waterfall on Corphish because of the better power it has just sacrificing a bit of accuracy. With Crabhammer, a Swords Dance up, and Adaptability, nothing in this metagame is going to have a fun time switching into Corphish.

Your team seems to really have a hard time countering Drilbur and other ground types, which are always big threats. So, I would like to suggest Pumpkaboo-Super over Elekid. Elekid isn't really needed because of how frail it is and you already got Chinchou as your team member that has electric STAB. Pumpkaboo acts as the one of the best counters to Drilbur. Plus, it can also spinblock for you to keep those helpful Stealth Rocks. Ghost and Grass STABs are also pretty useful and Will-O-Wisp is always great for hindering your opponent. Once ORAS comes out, you can replace Leech Seed with Synthesis because it's a new tutor move that Pumpkaboo can learn.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak

That's all I have for now. Great team! Good luck in your future battles!

Last edited:
Hey, Based God TaranK, this is an excellent team and I really like it.

First off, you want to change Corphish's EVs to 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe, but keep the current nature you have. The added speed will let you to sweep better and still hit Eviolite numbers. Also, I would like to suggest Crabhammer over Waterfall on Corphish because of the better power it has just sacrificing a bit of accuracy. With Crabhammer, a Swords Dance up, and Adaptability, nothing in this metagame is going to have a fun time switching into Corphish.

Your team seems to really have a hard time countering Drilbur and other ground types, which are always big threats. So, I would like to suggest Pumpkaboo-Super over Elekid. Elekid isn't really needed because of how frail it is and you already got Chinchou as an electric type. Pumpkaboo acts as the one of the best counters to Drilbur. Plus, it can also spinblock for you to keep those helpful Stealth Rocks. Ghost and Grass STABs are also pretty useful and Will-O-Wisp is always great for hindering your opponent. Once ORAS comes out, you can replace Leech Seed with Synthesis because it's a new tutor move that Pumpkaboo can learn.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak

That's all I have for now. Great team! Good luck in your future battles!
Thanks for your input I appreciate it. The Crabhammer I have experimented with and just found the shaky accuracy not to be worth it but it's still very viable. The main reason I like to run Elekid is to outspeed Abra, I should of mentioned that in the main body, but for example like here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-183546349 without Elekid I may have easily lost to the sash Abra if not for Elekid. But I will try out Pumpkaboo for sure, but with scald, HP grass and Acro so far I have been able to handle Drillers and other ground types. Thanks again for your input. Glad you liked the team, hope you make good use out of it :]

Hi there BasedGodTaranK this is a really good well built team that seems to be really fun, really want try it out great job! I do have some suggestions to make it even better:

I do agree with Eren Yeagar on the Crabhammer > Waterfall suggestion as it allows you to have more power in the cost of a slight chance to miss which fits perfectly on a great wall breaker like Corphish and the EV spread suggested by him too as it lets you outspeed a lot of walls. I also find the suggestion of using Pumpkaboo-XLI over Elekid worth trying for the reasons he listed and it can also deal with thanks to the priority that Shadow Sneak has.

On Chinchou use a spread of 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe (with a Modest nature), this is just a small nitpick but the EVs you're using on Special Defense are useless as they aren't even raising it but you can use them in Defense instead to raise it by one point.

Use a spread of 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD with an Adamant nature on Fletchling as it won't be needing the speed much because it usually relies on Acrobatics which already has an increased priority so putting the EVs in HP and the defenses would be a wiser idea because it lets Fletchling take some hits and even work as a Knock Off absorber.

Anyways that's all I've got, once again great team, hope I helped and good luck! =)

Hi there BasedGodTaranK this is a really good well built team that seems to be really fun, really want try it out great job! I do have some suggestions to make it even better:

I do agree with Eren Yeagar on the Crabhammer > Waterfall suggestion as it allows you to have more power in the cost of a slight chance to miss which fits perfectly on a great wall breaker like Corphish and the EV spread suggested by him too as it lets you outspeed a lot of walls. I also find the suggestion of using Pumpkaboo-XLI over Elekid worth trying for the reasons he listed and it can also deal with thanks to the priority that Shadow Sneak has.

On Chinchou use a spread of 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe (with a Modest nature), this is just a small nitpick but the EVs you're using on Special Defense are useless as they aren't even raising it but you can use them in Defense instead to raise it by one point.

Use a spread of 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD with an Adamant nature on Fletchling as it won't be needing the speed much because it usually relies on Acrobatics which already has an increased priority so putting the EVs in HP and the defenses would be a wiser idea because it lets Fletchling take some hits and even work as a Knock Off absorber.

Anyways that's all I've got, once again great team, hope I helped and good luck! =)
Thanks for all the advice, the Chinchou EV's make a lot of sense, can't believe I missed it lol, have you tried the team out? It does play out pretty fun :]

i have been using your team and i have gone 27 and 3 with 2 of the losses due to timeouts cos i had to go, i barely know anything about lc so i think i can safely say that this is a very good team, the one legit loss i had was a against a team with a pumkaboo, which can be tough to deal with once it is inside as nothing wants to switch in on it and nothing on the team both outspeeds and ohkoes it. graas types oin generall can be a bit troubling if fletch is dead/other than that it is a very good team, because a noob in lc like me has been able to get to 90 on the ladder with it. i havent played lc since gligar. i really like having elekid i feel it to least expendeble member, i clean most games with it because it is so fast and it is a great secondary fletch check. i feel that when playing with this team you need to be very careful about what mons you need to keep to win, when you sac you have to be very careful, moreso tan i feel woith other hyper ofense teasm. i think this is because many play a very similar role, chinchou and elekid for example so it can be difficult to break certain mons if something gets an untimely crit. slightly random but ht eonly thing that effectivekt leads against onix is drilbur, all the other mons ohko it allowing it the three turns/ thanks for tyhe team it is really fun and good.

Last edited:
i have been using your team and i have gone 27 and 3 with 2 of the losses due to timeouts cos i had to go, i barely know anything about lc so i think i can safely say that this is a very good team, the one legit loss i had was a against a team with a pumkaboo, which can be tough to deal with once it is inside as nothing wants to switch in on it and nothing on the team both outspeeds and ohkoes it. graas types oin generall can be a bit troubling if fletch is dead/other than that it is a very good team, because a noob in lc like me has been able to get to 90 on the ladder with it. i havent played lc since gligar. i really like having elekid i feel it to least expendeble member, i clean most games with it because it is so fast and it is a great secondary fletch check. i feel that when playing with this team you need to be very careful about what mons you need to keep to win, when you sac you have to be very careful, moreso tan i feel woith other hyper ofense teasm. i think this is because many play a very similar role, chinchou and elekid for example so it can be difficult to break certain mons if something gets an untimely crit. slightly random but ht eonly thing that effectivekt leads against onix is drilbur, all the other mons ohko it allowing it the three turns/ thanks for tyhe team it is really fun and good.
Hey, glad to hear you did so well with the team, (nominate pls ;]) but seriously, I know what you mean, with making sure you keep the right mons for the opposing team, as soon as I see the team match up I know what I need to keep and what to sack, long term thinking is good with this team, which is kind of atypical with it being HO.

update i am 7 on the ladder with 50 wins and 12 losses having some trouble with opposing chinchou but it is mangaeble.

Attachments

I apologise for the format of this, I am on my phone making this lol

To help with opposing Chicnhou I would run a berry juice Chinchou with hidden power ground>ice beam your can then take on any Chinchou one on one that doesn't carry Hp ground of it's own and win every time. (Unless Hp grass lmao) you lose ice beam but if you think a grass type is gonna switch in just volt switch to fletch. Since you lose your scarfer you may want to chuck it on Elekid. With Elekid and Corphish + Fletchlings priority you should have revenge killing sorted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)