ORAS OU Custap Skarm HO Returns (1400+)

K A M I K A Z E
---------------------------------------

This is a team I made fairly quickly because I wanted to try getting back into Hyper Offense and ended up enjoying much more than I anticipated,
I'm making this RMT to help improve it rather than for the fun of it like I usually do.
I appreciate the time it takes to rate :)

The building process was basically, using the Hoopa-Unbound and Mega Lopunny core as a base

it's not new that they work well together as they help beat each other's chec- well Lopunny's checks, then adding on offensive scolipede after seeing it's potential damage output and because it was a pokemon I always wanted to use.

I added on azumarill because it's azumarill and I also wanted a set up sweeper. I thought about belly drum azumarill but ultimately decided against it as I wanted to use it as a last ditch effort pokemon so if the opponent brings a pokemon I cant exactly switch around against I can atleast bring it in and not worry about my sitrus going to waste.

So once I had that down I decided I wanted a set up sweeper than wasn't grounded so I used NP Thundurus, and this was where I literally had no idea what to use as the lead, despite my avatar I'm not a fan of bulky garchomp because I feel like it's a big momentum suck and I don't like Landorus-T because of it's x4 Ice weakness, sure it's something that can be played against but I didn't think the risk was worth it, I remember a sweep of mine being ended prematurely by custap lead skarmory and decided to try it and it worked perfectly.

Kamikaze (Skarmory) @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes / Roost
- Iron Head
- Taunt
This is a Pokemon I really enjoy having because it can take most physical hits really well for being uninvested and Iron Head damage can be really crucial in getting off the chip damage necessary for the team to roll over its opponent
I wanted to keep up pressure with hazards so I opted for both Spikes and Stealth Rock but I realize the value of Roost + Sturdy.

Bruh (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Protect
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
Like I explained in the teambuilding process I decided to use offensive scolipede because of some calcs I saw some time ago, It's an all around good pokemon with speed boost and it's access to a 120 BP STAB is nothing to scoff at either. I think it's the most expendable member of my team though, I considered putting a ground type wincon in this slot but I couldn't think of any that werent too annoying to use.

Beads (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
I originally wanted this Pokemon for thunder wave support but decided against it just because of how fast my team already is, and because I wanted a set up sweeper I decided to make it the nasty plot set instead which isn't nearly as common but can be much more effective than it's life orb variant in some circumstances.

Big Rings (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
One of the main mons the team is based around, It's pretty common knowledge that Hoopa unbound isn't the easiest mon to switch in, with it's Dark/Psychic typing it has NO RESISTS and while that comes with the luxury of one weakness, its base 60 defense makes that mean a lot less versus a physical attacker but giving it a scarf let's it still keep up with some aspects of offense base teams with a neutral Dark Pulse / Psyshock doing respectable damage to any switch-ins.

Hotline Bling (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
I decided to use mega lopunny because it goes well with Hoopa and it's just such a threat in the current meta, scrappy let's it fight off mega sableye after being weakened and a STAB High Jump Kick is a bit ridiculous with this pokemon's attack stat. It's a very speedy threat with double priority a bit like diggersby but better.

Albert (Azumarill) @

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
Azumarill is one of the best pokemon to have on any offensive or defensive teams, with it's natural bulk and huge power it usually leaves a lasting impression on the enemy team. STAB Play Rough when it's not missing 2hkos most Physical Walls and outright ohkoes neutral squishy pokemon. It's also a very good general switch-in due to it's resistances and stats.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Bruh (Scolipede) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab

Big Rings (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hotline Bling (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

T H R E A T L I S T
------------------------------------------
- Spamming Electric Type attacks

Last edited:

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
A suggestion that may or may not be good, but
upload_2015-10-13_13-37-14.png
>
IMO helps your team. You need a Ground type and Landorus can still act as a fast wincon.

Hi, nice idea your team,
But I don't like Skarmory in a HO team, you could try an offensive SR setter, such as Tyranitar or Landorus-T, they solve your problems against Talonflame.
I prefer Landorus-T.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate <- Skarmory
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

You need a wallbreaker in your team SpecsKeldeo is good or SpecsGengar. I prefer Keldeo for his dark resistence.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

And now you need a pokemon against Ferrothorn, fairy types and Scizor.
I like Heatran, there are 2 version, the standard with Air Baloon and Stone Edge, for Talonflame and YZard, and the second with Power Herb and Solar Beam, a nice surprise against bulky water.

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge / Solar Beam

I don't like MLopunny set, he's walled by Latwins, I prefer Ice Punch<-Quick Attack, because he usually win the speed tie.

Finally
Offensive Landorus-T<-Skarmory
SpecsKeldeo<- Scolipede
Heatran<-Thundurus
( His weakeness to SR is dangerous, and you need Heatran, in HO team I don't like Defogger or Spinner )
Ice Punch Lopunny<- QALopunny

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
It's a bit late for me but I'll do my best for a rate. Hey there cool team, but it could use a few changes. I love to see that Scolipede gets some usage but I'm surprised you haven't gave it/tried out Baton Pass. This will let Scolipede boost its speed and then when it has gained enough speed it can Baton Pass into Hoopa-Unbound or Azumarill for massive power/destruction for the opponents team. Optional: By giving Scolipede a Jolly nature this will allow it to already out speed Mega Diancie, Latias, and Latios giving you the advantage without having to waste a turn to protect. Just an F.Y.I. because of the new Baton Pass clause you can't boost speed with another boosting stat move and Baton Pass, but you can Baton Pass speed alone. Now that you can boost speed to Hoopa-Unbound I don't find having a Choice Scarf necessary, but now instead you can run Life Orb. With a Life Orb and with Hoopa's insane stats in power just makes it an unstoppable force with practically no switch ins. Finding a partner that fit for your team for beating Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Talonflame was some how difficult until my final answer being Heatran. Heatran with Stone Edge will help with Talonflame of any form, and simply threaten Ferrothorn and Scizor with a Fire Blast/Magma Storm. However with Heatran this makes your team more Water type weak so my suggestion is to use Power Herb+Solar Beam on Heatran, this acts as a lure for opposing water types to stay in/or switch in; for slower Water Types Heatran can just Magma Storm trapping them to not switch out and then take a deadly Solar Beam. I hope I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Final Changes
Baton Pass(+Jolly)
Life Orb>Choice Scarf
>

Heatran @ Power Herb/Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm/Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam/Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Hi, nice idea your team,
But I don't like Skarmory in a HO team, you could try an offensive SR setter, such as Tyranitar or Landorus-T, they solve your problems against Talonflame.
I prefer Landorus-T.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate <- Skarmory
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

You need a wallbreaker in your team SpecsKeldeo is good or SpecsGengar. I prefer Keldeo for his dark resistence.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

And now you need a pokemon against Ferrothorn, fairy types and Scizor.
I like Heatran, there are 2 version, the standard with Air Baloon and Stone Edge, for Talonflame and YZard, and the second with Power Herb and Solar Beam, a nice surprise against bulky water.

Heatran @ Air Balloon / Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge / Solar Beam

I don't like MLopunny set, he's walled by Latwins, I prefer Ice Punch<-Quick Attack, because he usually win the speed tie.

Finally
Offensive Landorus-T<-Skarmory
SpecsKeldeo<- Scolipede
Heatran<-Thundurus
( His weakeness to SR is dangerous, and you need Heatran, in HO team I don't like Defogger or Spinner )
Ice Punch Lopunny<- QALopunny
I was skeptical but your changes made the team a lot more consistent, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)