ORAS NU Cuteness Overload

Hey, I made a few days ago my first NU team for my girlfriend with only Pokemon she loves so have a look and tell me if you can how to improve these little guys !

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability : Toxic Boost
Nature : Adamant
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Sword Dance
- Facade / Return

Zangoose got a high Attack stat, boosted by Toxic Boost and Sword Dance make him one of the most powerfull sweeper of this tier. Return / Facade for the STAB, Close Combat deals some pretty damage for the ones who aren't afraid by Return like and OHKO Golem, Rhydon or Armaldo. Knock Off hit the only type of Pokemon that aren't afraid in Combat/Normal moves : Ghost and it give the opportunity to bitch slap every items your opponents use (exception for the Audinoite)

Meganium @ Big Root / Focus Sash
Ability : Overgrow
Nature : Calm
EVs : 252 HP / 152 SpD / 100 SpA / 4 Def
- Aromatherapy
- Toxik
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Tail

A semi-Cleric-Nium set with Aromatherapy. Toxik + Dragon Tail is here to phaze the hell out of your opponents and Giga Drain to deals some damage mostly and to get a form of recovery since Leftovers is already taken and Synthesis will use a slot already very important in this set. The repartition give Meganium a good bulk since Defensive Flareons Fire Blast and Specially Offensive Crygonals Blizzard 2HKO Meganium. There's a possibilty to fully invest in SpD instead of SpA but it's really less sexy since you can't even OHKO Whiscash Dragon Dance !

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability : Sheer Force
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Sword Danc
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Play Rough and Iron Head are the two STAB of Mawile. It give a pretty good coverage and are boosted by Sheer Force and Sword Dance, dealing serious damage. Sucker Punch his for some possible foes that Play Rough and Iron Head don't really impress like Haunter and the ones not brave enough to face Mawile. Full investment in Speed is not really a choice with a base stat at 50 and a base stat at 55 in SpD and when Flareon, Heatmore or Whiscash are in town.

Lapras @ Assault Vest
Ability : Water Absorb
Nature : Modest
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam / Ice Shard / Psychic / Bulldoze

I really can't choose the last move. Hydro Pump is the main STAB here that OHKO everything weak to water that has not fully invested EVs in SpD and 2HKO Specially Defensive Flareon or Regirock. Freeze-Dry and Thunderbolt is revisited version of the BoltBeam classic + Freeze-Dry can deals some cool damage to Water pokemon that fear no evil from Electric moves like Ludicolo, Quagsire and Lanturn. The last slot can go for Ice Beam for more Icy-Power, Ice Shard for priority since Lapras is not really what we can call an example of speed. The STAB of Ice Shard plus the not-totally-bad Atk stat of Lapras give him the possibility to revenge kill some Pokemon. Psychic or Bulldoze can deal some damage to Fighting or Electric Pokemons that don't care about Hydro-BoltBeam but seriously, don't wait for something unbelievable.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability : Sand Rush
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I like to give Stealth Rock to 2 Pokemon instead of one since every team got at least on Spinner/Defoger/Taunter, you're not really sure to easily throw your entry hazard so even if Mawile got defeated before he can play Stealth Rock, Sandslash is here ! Earthquake is Sandslash better STAB that got a good coverage and Stone Edge basically hit what Earthquake can't like Flying or Levitating Pokemon. Rapid Spin is here simply to OHKO the entire metagame, Oak, Blue-Eyes White Dragon and even Traceys mother... or just removing the entry hazard, can't remember... I think that Sand Storm may be an alternative for Stealth Rock or Stone Edge according to the situation. It could be a way to legitimate the choice of the Ability.

Mega-Audino @ Audinoite
Ability : Healer
Nature : Bold
EVs : 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
- Wish
- Double-Edge
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

He is the second Semi-Healer from this team. Wish is here to heal M-Audinos teammates, and the addition of Protect help him to heal himself. Double-Edge seems not as dangerous since Wish can be used to recover from the 1/3 recoil. Dazzling Gleam is M-Audinos second STAB dealing some always welcome damage to neutral ennemies. The repartition here is clearly made to give M-Audino the most bulkyness possible, to put 252 EVs in SpD or Def depends on which possible threats you want to be prepared for but the average not-so-bad base buk of Audino may be tend to gie the possibility to make 50/50 in SpD AND Def. It could be viable but the strongest pokemon in Atk / SpA could go through this easily so it may be viable but in a (very) late-game context.

And that's all folks! I hope you can help me improving my cute team :D And I'm sorry for my bad english :3
Merci Beaucoup!

Last edited:
hi there, i'm pretty sure that this RMT isn't up to the regulations because you need at least 3 lines of description for each of your mons. Once you fix that, I'll be happy to drop a rate later. Thanks!

You're right. I sometimes don't describe enough my choices. It's always when I don't really know what to say about it since it's classicals sets but you're right, I'll try to change this bad habits ! :3

Hey man, can't comment all that much on your team since I haven't personally used a bunch of the mons, but there's one thing I noticed: you said Meganium couldn't use Leftovers since they are taken; however there is no such thing as an item clause in NU. Feel free to slap Leftovers on that thing if you want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)