Damage Calculator Planning; What do the people want?

- Factors in Leftovers recovery for us lazy people
- Multiple Colour Layouts
-Downloadable Program
-Common Ev Spreads for Defending Pokes

And I will have to reiterate most of what the above said

also maybe something to enter speed for gyro ball damage?
also maybe something to enter %hp for eruption and wring out's damage?

Being able to save and load pokemon sets+EV spreads would be pretty cool. Maybe have it come with a lot of the standard sets.

I also like a lot of the ideas in this thread (Multiple moves at once, EV slider, chance of 1hko, flipping the attacking roles, etc).

I personally wouldnt mind some portability. You know, like, Cell Phone java sort of portability. But thats just me i suppose

• Could you/your friend make it look nice? I doesn't have to be amazing and I realize that function is the main aspect, but I find that when something is easier to look at, it is easier to use.
  • Here is an idea: lets say I want to see how much an attack will do against several pokemon. I put in all of my attack info, and then I put in the defending pokemon's IVs and EVs along with nature, but do not specify a pokemon. When I look up how much the attack will do, could there be a way to look at how much that attack will do against every single pokemon (or at least the fully evolved pokemon) with the given nature, IVs, and EVs?
  • I agree basically with everyone's ideas too.

Give it a moveset calculator that tells you how many real type combinations your moveset would hit for super effective, neutral, and NVE.

With all these features, make sure you have checkboxes so people who don't need everything don't need to see all the clutter.

I think that the abilities on the list should be limited to the ones that the pokemon actually can have. Also, the item list should only include relevant items. I don't see the point of including the fact that your pokemon holds an amulet coin when it comes to calculating damage.

I'd like it if it calculates damage at the end of the turn, with Sandstornm, Stealth Rocks, Leftys/ what ever added into the outcome

I'd like it if it calculates damage at the end of the turn, with Sandstornm, Stealth Rocks, Leftys/ what ever added into the outcome
That would make the program really slow I think. All the data I'm already considering adding will be one thing, but when you factor in all of that (which can be done simply if you have an elementary math education) then it would be too much. SS and Leftovers are a possibility, much more so the latter, but Stealth Rocks is a no.

What language are you planning to code this in? (also what exactly makes stealth rock so much worse? It's just +12.5% x effectiveness)

Just input the attacking pokemon's attack stats(factoring in attack stage), the base power of the move(factoring in STAB and effectiveness yourself or any other extra effect that would increase the bp of the move) and the defending pokemon's defence stats(factoring in defence stage) for fast simple calculations.

Metalkid's calculator just has too many options to check and many times i'm left wondering whether i left out anything or added in something extra.

This would also be useful for 'fake' pokemon calculations.

Also, include an option for calculating/using/converting to and from X-Act's and Dragontamer's stuff. Not really a first priority though.

If at all possible, make it possible to swap the attacking and defending pokemon with a single click so you don't have to retype all of the stats when you want to see how much you could be hit back for.

It would be nice to have an option that would tell you if it was a 2HKO/3HKO etc. also, I would like it to show the damage as a percentage.

like most ppl already said:
weather effect
leftovers
if 100%+ 1HKO
and XX%-XX% XHKO (x being a number)

and yes the ability to set in base stats for made up pokes

A feature that calculates how much attack you need to OHKO, 2HKO, or 3HKO a pokemon.

i.e., I put in Infernape as a defending pokemon. I plug in the numbers, and select... OHKO. Using Surf as the attacking move, it calculates how much special attack is needed from Ludicolo to have a guarenteed KO, or the minumum damage being greater than 100%.

And perhaps visa versa with the defending pokemon wanting attacks to 3HKO or something.

I guess what I'm asking for here is a reverse-damage calculator, where you plug in the target damage, and it gives you the stats.

new stuff
ablility to just fill in all evs/ivs and be able to switch the sites of receiving/giving

And the base power+ STABB added to the move it self and not having to put in all that stuff

What would be really cool is the feature to see what the minimum attack/sp attack stat wouuld have to be to OHKO a given poke with a given move.

I would use that like nobody's business.

EDIT: Another awesome feature would be a "simple" version and an "advanced" version. Like, if you just wanted to do a quick calculation, you could use the simple version. If you needed to use a whole bunch of features for something very specific, you could use the advanced version.

That would make the program really slow I think. All the data I'm already considering adding will be one thing, but when you factor in all of that (which can be done simply if you have an elementary math education) then it would be too much. SS and Leftovers are a possibility, much more so the latter, but Stealth Rocks is a no.
You have no clue about the speed of computers, do you? With the most recent rewrite of my breeding calculator, it loops through a fairly elaborate block of code, with lots of small If-Then-Else blocks and For-Next loops, 960 times. It can finish most calculations almost instantaneously, and when set up for the most computationally intensive settings, it still finishes in about 3 seconds. Stealth Rock damage would be nothing to a computer.

You have no clue about the speed of computers, do you? With the most recent rewrite of my breeding calculator, it loops through a fairly elaborate block of code, with lots of small If-Then-Else blocks and For-Next loops, 960 times. It can finish most calculations almost instantaneously, and when set up for the most computationally intensive settings, it still finishes in about 3 seconds. Stealth Rock damage would be nothing to a computer.
Can you explain then why Metalkid's takes about a minute? I don't know a lot about computers, but if his takes a while what makes you think mine won't?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)