Dark Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to call the team Dark Flare since Darmanitan and Bisharp are the two powerhouses of the team.

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
Your standard Darmanitan that destroys everything. If you're playing UU, you better be using this guy or have a counter to kill him.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
It handles a lot of the Ghost-type Pokemon in the UU tier and a combo of Milk Drink and Heal Beal helps you stall. Thunder Wave stops sweepers from getting off on my face and allows Miltank to use Seismic Toss before they attack her.

Gantzer (Bisharp) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Brick
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
I don't understand why people say this guy is bad. Get off a Swords Dance after using a Substitute allows you to sweep teams providing they don't have any resists. I like Iron Head a lot, but for now, I'm using Brick Brick to shatter Light Screen and Reflect while killing other Steel-type Pokemon.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
Standard Donphan with Ice Shard over Roar. It combos well with Cacturne because it gets killed by Water-types very easily.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Rest
Swords Dance Shaymin that is a bit slow, but still awesome though if you kill some of the faster threats. Also, Natural Cure allows me to switch it in obvious attacks like Sableye with Will-O-Wisp and then switch it out.

Cacturne (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 28 SDef
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Cacturne pretty much counters Suicune with his ability and he can use Spikes. It dies pretty fast though because of Life Orb and stuff.

Threats:
Hitmontop -> can get rid of entry hazards and can survive Sucker Punch from either Bisharp and Cacturne
Heracross -> can use Megahorn and Close Combat on everything. Pretty scary if it has Choice Scarf
Sableye -> with Prankster, it can use Will-O-Wisp on my Bisharp and use Recover before I kill it

EDIT:
Stone Edge taken out of Darmanitan for Rock Slide
Brick Brick over Iron Head on Bisharp

arguably speaking if cacturne can counter suicune then anything that's immune/resists water > suicune

also cacturne only walls mono-attacker suicune, any suicune that packs ice beam instantly wins cacturne.

yeah definitely BB over Iron Head on bisharp because Fighting + Dark is pretty cool coverage and you can smash screens

also why not chansey over miltank

Real quick points here, Rock Slide>Stone Edge on Darmy. Rock Slide reaches a theoretical 98 bp, so that extra 2 bp shouldn't matter in comparison to better accuracy and pp. Also, you happen to have 3 fighting and fire weaknesses, all without any resists at all. So you may want to look into that.

As said before, your team has a really big weakness against fire and fighting types which are pretty common in UU. Using a Slowbro over your Cacturne could help out while still countering Suicune reasonably well.

arguably speaking if cacturne can counter suicune then anything that's immune/resists water > suicune

also cacturne only walls mono-attacker suicune, any suicune that packs ice beam instantly wins cacturne.

yeah definitely BB over Iron Head on bisharp because Fighting + Dark is pretty cool coverage and you can smash screens

also why not chansey over miltank
Umhm yeah, I thought of that a bit when I looked at the list of Pokemon that have Water Absorb. I chose Cacturne since it has Sucker Punch and most people who look in the team preview think it has Sand Veil. And Suicune with Ice Beam is so rare, but I agree with your comment.

And I chose Miltank because it has Scrappy.

Real quick points here, Rock Slide>Stone Edge on Darmy. Rock Slide reaches a theoretical 98 bp, so that extra 2 bp shouldn't matter in comparison to better accuracy and pp. Also, you happen to have 3 fighting and fire weaknesses, all without any resists at all. So you may want to look into that.
Fixed, thanks =)

As said before, your team has a really big weakness against fire and fighting types which are pretty common in UU. Using a Slowbro over your Cacturne could help out while still countering Suicune reasonably well.
Can you give me a Slowbro set? If you do, I will look into it.

All of your attackers are physical, I would switch your mono-attacking SD Shaymin to a Life Orb or Leftovers Variant. Or maybe even Offensive Roserade to sleep stuff and absorb Toxic Spikes.

Shaymin @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire / Ice
- Rest/Leech Seed (to force switches)

For Slowbro, defensive would be great.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Psychic / Fire Blast / Ice Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)