Serious (redacted)

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Age shouldn't be an issue. Before you get into the relationship with the girl, you'll need to ask her and yourself if you'll be able to maintain the friendship that you have currently if it doesn't work out. I think that's a big factor when it comes to friends ----> girlfriend/boyfriend. Also, unless you tell or she tells, I don't get how it's meant to spread. If you meant, getting rejected before even going out and then it spreads, it will obviously be her saying it if you're in a secluded area when you tell her and you're not saying it to anyone and then that has to make you think if she was really your friend in the first place.

Take your time. Don't rush it and remember confidence is key but not to the point where you're going to be an ass. Shoutout to petyer

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
There is another snag, that I forgot to mention. Our school has less than 30 kids. If I fuck up, it's going to spread like wildfire.
That you asked a girl to go on a date with and she politely declined? That's a pretty mild consequence compared to the sweeping negative effects of giving into fear and anxiety. All you have to say "Hey listen girl's-name, I kinda like you, we should go on next friday on a date, as more than friends." You'll get a "I thought you'd never ask" or a "we should just be friends." Do you really think that there will be negative social consequences for saying that? You'll probably some unconscious respect, most boys your age are too cowardly to say something like that.

I'll definitely be considering it. Another worry is I'd ruin our good dynamic as "friends" right now.
This can happen, but it also very easily could not happen. In my experience knowing you have these feelings and waiting a long time or deciding not to act on them usually leads to wanting to act on them in the future and potentially straining things anyway.

Just go for it now while it's natural and you feel comfortable, plus you're getting good vibes about the way she feels.

It will spread, girls tell people everything, but unless you're an actual creep no one gives a fuck and you clearly don't seem like that. Godspeed.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, you really should just ask her out, it will completely set you free. I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Took me a while, but I eventually mustered the courage to this girl out. She turned me down because she had a boyfriend already. I was pretty embarrassed, but I don't regret asking her out for even one second.

Believe me, even if this girl shuts you out, you'll feel pretty damn proud of yourself for giving it a shot once the initial embarrassment wears off.

Also, we're still good friends. If you guys are good friends, I wouldn't worry about it being too awkward if you get turned down, you'll be sweet,

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
people itt: do not assume if they are close friends and she rejects him they'll continue being close friends. even if she and you both want to, her knowing you feel that way will always be on her mind, and she will possibly always be on yours. you could both truly want the friendship to go back to how it was, and i doubt shed go around gossipping about it if youre truly friends, but this could ruin your friendship and you need to be willing to accept that.

Ask for her number WHEN you ask her out, if she says yes. It would honestly be pretty awkward if you just asked for her number out of the blue and did nothing afterwards.

That you asked a girl to go on a date with and she politely declined? That's a pretty mild consequence compared to the sweeping negative effects of giving into fear and anxiety. All you have to say "Hey listen girl's-name, I kinda like you, we should go on next friday on a date, as more than friends." You'll get a "I thought you'd never ask" or a "we should just be friends." Do you really think that there will be negative social consequences for saying that? You'll probably some unconscious respect, most boys your age are too cowardly to say something like that.
OR you can get a really awkward "...what"

Josh

=P
That sounds so awkward lmfao

"Hey just cus I gave you my number I don't have a crush on you"
"I know"
"No, seriously"
"Lolk"
"You're way out my league"
"Sure am romeo"

Girls usually text tons of guys but they aren't fucking them. It's not awkward to give a friend your number as a friend, though from what you've said you made it awkward :/

Josh

=P
You don't want that. If she thinks dating is not an option and she has feelings for you she's not going to tell you. Sex was an exaggeration, it's the dating that it represents. You need to decide if you'd rather remain friends or if you are willing to risk the friendship to make a move, and that's a decision only you can make.

Not interested in sex yet. I should have cut it after the first exchange. It's not that awkward, I'm sure she is used to it, at least five other kids at our school like her (one is a retarded mess, the other two are ugly and weird.) My question is, what is the next step? Do I try and say I don't "like her," or am I better off keeping my mouth shut?

I said what I said in the second exchange to try and make it sound like a romantic relationship isn't on my mind.
Don't play hard to get. It doesn't work like you think it does; no one's going to bother to chase you down and ask first. If you want to ask someone out, make it really damn obvious (literally tell them) and if it doesn't work out move on with your life. At least you tried.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Look a post or two down, I landed myself a date ;)
Is it a date? Or is she just comfortable with hanging with you as a friend? Your exchange before you hung out didn't even seem slightly romantic, you should've just done the opposite, cut the 'hard to get bs" and just been straight up. "Kind of right up against each other" doesn't really mean anything either. What's this "date" next month though? Just because she agreed to hang out, doesn't mean there's a romantic intent behind it - you framed your interaction as friends with your awkward little exchange above (and even if she realized you actually like her, telling a girl she's out of your league usually doesn't make her interested js).

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
try not to get into a relationship and if youre in one, get a therapist. no questions asked. just call up a therapist you can afford and be like, "I'm in a relationship, and Im not a dumb pos who is gonna mess it up. plz help."

the other way is where you kinda have to get one after

as amy winehouse said: "I'll never let myself forget you. messed each other up, you know? So I'm sorry if I upset you."

https://medium.com/matter/against-chill-930dfb60a577#.iz7jwpyal

"
In recent years, “chill” has become one of the most desirable qualities in a romantic prospect. But it is a garbage virtue that will destroy the species."

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
*sigh* what are you even saying...the article you linked doesn't even back up your statement. this girl is talking about re-establishing warmth in relationships, not boycotting them altogether

have i taken the bait again

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
*sigh* what are you even saying...the article you linked doesn't even back up your statement. this girl is talking about re-establishing warmth in relationships, not boycotting them altogether

ffs medium posts are articles now?

Whatever you do don't mention Pokemon xD
irrelevant. if you're gettin somewhere with someone, playing mons dont really matter enough to make a difference. its the other things about you / you do that matter more.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

what i wrote, and i never suggested 'boycotting' relationships lol, is not strictly related to the medium piece nor is that piece about re-establishing warmth in relationships, despite it being titled 'against chill'. maybe you should read it.

Y'all need to lighten up t'was a joke 9.9

Besides that, posting about it on Smogon probably won't help you that much

EDIT: Just go out and enjoy yourself :)

Last edited:
So there is this girl I like, and I'm almost positive she likes me back. We have a healthy relationship as friends, thought I can get a little flirty at times. Do I ask her out? Age gap is an issue, she is three years older than me, but I'm considered mature for my age and she's the opposite. Help?
The fact that you even mentioned age gap, and shes the one older than you makes it easier for me to tell you
2016-12-26-23-22-59--219787642.jpg

No seriously. It's simple, if you feel the connection is there and shes really showing some real interest, ask her out on a Date. Make her feel like you're taking the lead even if shes older than you, trust me. A nice simple Dinner, Movies and then spice it up with a nice heart to heart conversation at the end, it ALWAYS WORKS. She already agreed to go out on a Date with you, so you have NOTHING to lose!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)