Venomoth @ Focus Sash
Trait: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass

Venomoth is quite an excellent lead, as he can make the opponent's lead pokemon very mad :D. Firstly, Quiver Dance a few times, and then Baton Pass out. Sleep powder on the first move. Although sleep powder has a shaky accuracy its better than FAIL :D. You can Quiver Dance about 2-3 times, depending if the opponent sleeps long, or switches out. Bug Buzz becomes extremely powerful after a Quiver Dance, even though venomoth isn't a special sweeper. It also hits hard against threats like tyranitar, azelf, espeon and uxie. I usually baton pass to Nidoking or Gengar, dependingon the lead I am facing or the switched in pokemon. Focus Band is a good choice on pokemon that hit hard on Venomoth.

Nidoking @ Life Orb

Trait: Encourage
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

After an encourage boost and a life orb he can pown things crazily. After he is passed a special attack boost and some speed from Venomoth, he kills like a boss. One boost kills 1-2 pokemon. The opponent must beware of three boosts as it is basically game over. Earth Power has great OU coverage, and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt give him other pokemon coverage. Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn and Scizor REALLY HARD.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge

Ability: Liquid Ooze
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Sp.Def , 6 Def
Calm Nature (Att- , SP.Def+)
- Rest
- SleepTalk
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb

Drapion @ Life Orb/Choice Band

Trait: Sniper
EVs: 4HP/ 252Atk/ 252Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Swords Dance/Pursuit

Weezing @ Black Sludge

Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Def , 6 Sp.Def
Bold Nature (Att - , Def+)
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- FlameThrower/Thunderbolt

6.Physical Sweeper
Qwilfish @ Life Orb

Traint: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Sword Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explosion/Rain Dance/Taunt

If i was you , i'd try to fit in a weezing in this team.
When you do this change tentacruel to fully special defence and weezing to full physical defense. This will make for a defensive core . Just a weakness to psychic but yeah cant have it all can we.

A weezing set would be :

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate (yay no more earthweakness)
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- FlameThrower/Thunderbolt/...

This set was perfect in 4th gen and can still function well in 5th gen.
If you take this set i suggest changing your tentacruels set a bit (Evs : 252 hp 252 Sp.Def) and try to get rest in it (rest talk works nicely).
As your team isnt too weak to spikes/Stealth rocks i would suggest this set:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Evs: 252 Hp , 252 Sp.Def , 6 Def
Calm Nature (Att- , SP.Def+)
- Rest
- SleepTalk
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes/Sludge Bomb

I'm trying to figure out how you didn't get Drapion in this team D: He's one of the coolest pokes in the game. He will definitely find some use on this team, probably over Skuntank, since they would do the same thing. Some kind of Swords Dance/Accupressure set would work awesome against Non-Earthpower Celebi's. With 95 base speed and 110 base defense, he could put in some serious effing work. A set like:

Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Swords Dance/Pursuit

Swords Dance/Pursuit is Life Orb/Choice Band. Take your pick (: Also, on the Weezing suggestion, probably over Skuntank, which sucks, but hey, what can you do.

You need a more powerfull pursuit user than Skuntank.Since poison is very suspectible to ground (a very common attacking type) and Psychic (I'm thinking Deoxys, reuniclus, lati@s), I'm thinking you might add Hydreigon to the team.

Hydreigon @ choice scarf
Timid 252 SpA 252 Speed 6 HP
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse/Focus Blast

U-turn gives you extra momentum, acting as a good scout. Draco Meteor is for punching holes. Fire Blast dents steel types barring heatran, who can be dealt with with Focus Blast. However, I listed Dark Pulse as a last move because you can then reliably revenge kill lati@s and annoy the shit out of people with the flinch rate.

Hope it helped.

Hydreigon isn't a poison type, but that's a great thought :D
Would definitely work on a non-monotype team.

Hydreigon isn't a poison type, but that's a great thought :D
Would definitely work on a non-monotype team.
Woops I forgot skuntank was also part poison and that it was therefore a mono-type. Scratch my suggestion then.

Drapion and Weezing are good suggestions!

I feel that rain teams will walk all over this team, as you have nothing that resist water except for tentacruel, and your nidoking + venomoth will struggle to setup due to rain teams. I say maybe swap Toxicroak/Skuntank out for Qwilfish, who (because of his great typing) would be able to resist a few priority attacks, while outspeeding rain teams and hitting them back for large amounts of damage.

[Note: I like Skuntank alot due to its dark typing, however keep in mind alot of Psychic carry Focus Blast, which will OHKO Skuntank. The only see I see running is away from this guy is Espeon, which even than Gengar can take care of with relative ease. Also, Drapion kind of outclasses Skuntank due to his speed and bulk, and can wall Reuniclus much easier and effectively than Skuntank. Drapion can also utilize Whirlwind, which can help you scout and pHaze out enemies.]

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
- Sword Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab

The setup is simple, against rain teams allow Qwilfish to setup on something with sword dance, and watch it slice through everything like pudding. The last slot can be manipulated/customized based on what you need. Preferably, because of Qwilfish poor speed, Rain Dance can be more beneficial unless you want to place it on Tentacruel.

And I just realized you have nothing that can resist hard physical hitters like Landorus, Excadrill, etc. Who will all come in and tear you apart. I recommend Weezing 100% like Soulfly recommended, as his ability to levitate, and great defense will help you tank out some of these people.

so, how is this:
-Skuntank will be removed and replaced by Drapion with these:
Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
-Swords Dance/Pursuit

-Toxicroak will be removed and replaced by Qwilfish with these:
Qwilfish @ Life Orb
- Sword Dance
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab

And I suppose I need a physical wall, so I'll use weezing:
Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate (yay no more earthweakness)
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- FlameThrower/Thunderbolt

But who should I replace weezing with? Nidoking, or Gengar

Well nidoking has great coverage but lacks a bit speed (yet after batonpass that doesnt matter too much, but he kinda rely's on it).
And gengar is faster but has a bit weaker coverage.

Personally i would loose gengar but then you dont have a spin blocker anymore , then again not all teams will have a spinner .

Looks good now , personally i would still get tentacruel 252 Sp.Def so it can shine in the role its supposed to play : a special wall :D

You could give him barrier over protect then if you want , that way he can +2 boost his defence and be very bulky in both aspects.

Ok, I'm probably going to get an odvious answer, but why use Liquid Ooze over Clear Body (Which I'll admit is rather usless on a defending pokemon as it's usual use is blocking intimidate on attackers) or Rain Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)