ORAS OU Dean's List (1500)+

This is a balanced team that focuses on setting up CM keldeo for a sweep. It has an unorthodox lead that I've come to like recently. Without anymore wait here's the team!

Dean:

This is my most common lead, It has the same role as sash chomp essentially except it has access to endeavor and out speeds most other leads. With it's amazing mixed offensive stats it can also hit almost any mon really hard. I decided to try and bring this thing back after it's long hiatus from Competitive play. It does a really good job at either suicide leading, or keeping it's sash intact to revenge kill something later.

Dean (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

Andie:

This thing is mainly here to fake a lead, but it also serves the purpose of revenge killing and even sweeping late game because of it's amazing power and speed. I picked standard coverage moves and double dragon because the option of outrage is sometimes nice to OHKO some major threats. It revenge kills the lati twins, destroys fairys with eq, and has rockslide to deal with one of my biggest weakness which is staraptor.

Andie (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Khurem:

I needed something to get rid of of bulky steels reliably and magnezone is an obvious choice. It also serves as half of my volt-turn core with it's incredibly strong volt switch. It is my main switch in to a lot of dragon and fairy attacks, but also keeps up really reliable offensive pressure. I find myself using this more and more in this metagame because of all the skarmory, scizor, and ferrothorns that are running around and wall large parts of my team.

Khurem (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Lucas:

I needed a defogger and something that can take special attacks, so here's latios the monster that has found it's way into S tier. It has amazing power and really limts the amount of prediction because draco will most likely 2HKO whatever switches in. I added surf to get rid of heatran while keeping solid coverage, and also killing non scarfed landorus.

Lucas (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Sam:

I was looking at win conditions and I saw this. I decided to use the CM set because Keldeo can actually be somewhat bulky because of it's typing. After a CM it's really almost unstoppable, and on top of that it can still use all of it's moves to hit predicted switches or just beat switches. Leftovers keeps it healthy, and overall it's just a super solid win condition, very similar to clefable but even better in my opinion.

Sam (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dyess:

I needed a bulky offensive pivot and scizor made a ton of sense due to it's technician U-turn and priority BP. I put knock off to neuter a lot of pokemon like scarfed landorus, chansey and other obnoxious things. It can take almost anything form the latis bar Hp fire, and it also can survive magnezones hp fire if it's scarfed and u turn out. Overall it does a lot of work and is really amazing.

Dyess (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

As always any help is appreciated because I'm sure I overlooked something when I was building this, Thank you! :]

Importable:
Dean (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Khurem (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Sam (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

Last edited:
Interesting team, I do have a few changes to suggest; run Dragon claw or Outrage, not both. Outrage is usually the better Dragon move anyway so fill the empty slot with Fire Blast or Poison Jab for coverage.

Roost and Swords Dance is a potent combination on Mega Scizor, it's allows you to set up and sweep with recovery if needed. Also a better move than U-Turn is Bug Bite since it's boosted by Technician and it's STAB. Also with the EVs your Scizor has it won't be doing decent damage so a bulky Roost Swords dance set is a much better choice.

The fact that you have Keldeo also makes Surf on Latios redundant so I advise switching it out for HP Fire so that it can deal with Ferrothorns and Skarmorys.

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast/Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Also, cool names!

I would suggest Mach Punch on Infernape due to you having Endeavor, so you can KO other opponents with priority. I'd replace Close Combat for it.

Actually, I'm not to keen on Endeavor and would replace it with U-Turn, but either change would work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)