Death, Thy Name is Offense

So it's me again, and of course I'm still on my anti-weather kick (if you recall, I was the author of the RMT titled: This Meteorologist Sucks, I Wanna New Metagame). Anyway, on my last team I dabbled in the art of defensive stall teams, now I return to my roots with an offensive orientated team. I literally made this team in about 5 minutes, and haven't changed it much since the beginning. Despite it's success, I do find that it has some issues, mainly with bulky set up sweepers. But if course, that's why it's being posted, and hopefully after some reviews.

A brief sidenote- you may notice this team is extremely similar to the RMT titled "Apocalypse," I made this team long before that RMT was posted, so don't ridicule me in case you feel this is just a cheap knock off of it.

At a Glance

In Depth

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves: Light Screen, Stealth Rock, Reflect, Ice Beam

The set recommended by Red Machine. This set does provide my team with some bulk, and very often comes in handy when I'm setting up Haxorus. But the issue I have is that I dont always get to set up Stealth Rocks, which is important for this team, as well as that even with Light Clay, I feel as though the screens just dont last long enough. And with Deoxys-S's limited bulk, I dont get many opportunites to set them back up.​

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/4 HP/252 Spe
Moves: Substitute, Disable, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast

The Shadow Demon rears his large face once again to troll my opponents to no end. The standard set... because it works so well. Gengar quite often beats 3 of my opponents pokemon. He also acts as my Spin Blocker. Though he does run into a few issues if the oppenent is a Starmie, and I don't have a Substitute up at the time. There is no trick to Gengar, and nothing unusual. You'd have to give me some pretty good reasons to take him off the team, because he is a real power house.​

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Bullet Punch, U-turn, Superpower, Pursuit

Scizor comes back ready to beat down my opposition. She runs the standard Choice Band set, and does a good job at it. She is also my only revenge killer (in the form of Bullet Punch). And plays the key role of picking off weakened threats (especially Dragon Dance users). So I aim to keep her alive as long as possible. I'm open to suggestions on her, and I could possibly remove her if something "better" comes along, but thats not a very likely scenerio.​

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Modest
Moves: Hydro Pump, Volt Switch, Hidden Power (Fire), Trick

Rotom-W serves as a bulkier special sweeper, who also hits like a truck. Standard Rotom-W, Trick cripples, Hydro Pump as a requirement, Volt Switch for scouting, and Hidden Power Fire to help deal with other pesky pokemon. Though unfortunately I still feel like I'm lacking something with him. If there are any other bulky special sweepers that wont give me multiple weaknesses, I'm all ears.​

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Rapid Spin

Starmie serves as my second semi-revenge killer. Often its speed is good enough to get rid of some weakened foes, but there's no keeping up with most Scarfed Pokemon. Rapid Spin to rid my team of entry hazzards, and the other moves for coverage. What can I say? Its done its job well, and probably will continue to do so.​

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Taunt/Brick Break

This guy is ridiculous, 147 base Attack, I mean come on??? Despite what people say who is not that frail. Many attacks on 2HKO him, and by then the opposing Pokemon has been KO'd by Outrage. I love how he outspeed Dragonite, it makes life so convenient. Dragon Dance gives him speed and power, Outrage for obvious reasons, and Lum Berry works great in conjunction with the drawback if Outrage. Earthquake for maxium coverage, and taunt for stopping other Pokemon from setting up (especially Skarmories). Though I am considering Brick Break. Again, Terrakion still could be and option, let me know what you think though

Well there you have it, my team. I don't feel as though there is any specific counter to this team, mainly its that it doesnt have a lot of bulk behind it, and that once a specific Pokemon goes down, I don't have a backup for it, so anything opposing Pokemon it countered/checked become that much harder to deal with. But that's why I'm asking for assisstance. So please, comment, rate, critique, and maybe this team can become really kick ass.​

Very nice team! What I see is a different Deoxys-S could help your offensive team!

Deoxys-S@Focus Sash/Lefties/Light Clay 252 HP/Speed 4 Attack
Reflect
Light Screen
stealth rocks
Superpower

HO lead deoxys that gives bulk thru screens to your mons, letting them sweep even easier :)

its a great team but if I were you I would go for the adamant scarfed haxorus instead it makes for a better sweeper and revenge killer and for starmie go with surf if you plan on setting up stealth rock at the beginning of the battle it can ohko many things since they took stealth rock damage. other than that good team

Try testing the diverse HO Haxorus set, since it can't be countered or locked as easily and you already have multiple choice users:

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Just one Dragon Dance will give Haxorus the same attack stat as with the Choice Band, but you also get the speed boost and are able to freely switch moves. Taunt cripples Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and the like that can completely ruin your Haxorus' sweeping abilities. Earthquake is for type coverage and hitting steel types that resist Outrage. Outage is main STAB and OHKOs almost everything after two Dragon Dances.

@Dragone & Sandtreamftw: I will test out both of your Haxorous sets, and see if they work better for me

@ Red Machine: I will test your Deoxys-S set as well. Though I have some concerns on that one... since this team relies on both Spikes & Stealth rock, and without spikes a lot of passive damage is removed. It also removes taunt, which on this team I rely on preventing my foes from setting up (especially since I tend to have a lot of switches with this team).

I Like the team . Haxorus DD will be better i think for this team with the support of your sweeper but with brick break over taunt for ferrothorn .

For Deoxis Superpower over ice beam for tyra or psycho boost for the power .

GG for the team ^^

Be careful with Venusaur,as it can OHKO Scizor Starmie and Rotom.It outspeeds Deoxys so it could also OHKO it,I dunno there.Dragone's set comes handy since it can only stop haxorus by sleeping it,and with lum you are safe from that.

Trick Room Reuniclus with hp fire can also be a disgusting surprise for a team like yours.If you see it in team preview,be careful,and taunt it with dragone's haxorus set before it actives TR.

^That's what I've been thinking. And since this team lacks a true revenge killer, I could possibly replace Rotom with a Scarfed Pokemon

Haxorus DD will be better i think for this team with the support of your sweeper but with brick break over taunt for ferrothorn .
Taunt is far better than Brick Break so you can cripple Ferrothorn while you Dragon Dance up to +6 then OHKO with Earthquake (If Ferrothorn doesn't switch out), and 6-0 the rest of the opposing team. Brick Break doesn't make the OHKO without setup, and then Ferrothorn can set Leech Seed and completely decimate Haxorus' Hp. Taunt also prevents from being walled by Skarmory and prevents burn status inflicted that completely ruins Haxorus attack.

recommending haxorus double dancer through personal experience. so much versatility, its amazing

[SET]
name: Double Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Earthquake
item: Lum Berry / Draco Plate
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3790149

brought up (but not sure who created) by accidental

I think you should try switching either Starmie or Haxorus out with a bulkier, more defense-driven pokemon. That way your team will still be mainly offense driven and you can switch out to the hardier pokemon when your frailer ones are having issues. Perhaps a pokemon with a nice defense stat but that also could learn moves to serve as stallers would work best. Sorry but I can't give you a specific example off the top of my head.

I'm very new to the metagame so sorry if I don't make any sense. The last two members of your team just striked me as...I want to say unnecessary but that's not the best word for it. I think you get my point though.

@Rylan: I want to keep taunt, because its the only way to stop pokemon from setting up on this team... and again, with all the switchouts this team has, it is important to keep my field clear. Which should answer Cinder about why Starmie was being used. Rapid Spin.

@ThatsmyLatios: I just recently swapped Rotom out for a Mixed Infernape with the following set:

Infernape @Life Orb
Hasty, 252Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Overheat, Mach Punch, Close Combat, U-turn.

I picked that because of Mach Punch, but unforutnately Mach Punch just wasnt providing the... well punch I had hoped for. I think I will test your Hydreigon and see how that goes over. Though priorty is something I was looking for, just for all those pesky set up pokes who increase their speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)