Death To All Who Oppose. (Peaked around 1200)

Death To All Who Oppose

I felt like making a new team to try out in RU and after semi-logically throwing together some pokes and tweaking a few members it turned out to be one of my more successful teams. This was used on PO.

The Lead

Golem (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Sturdy​
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Stealth Rock​
- Earthquake​
- Rock Blast​
- Sucker Punch

I never thought I would use Golem as a lead due to having two 4x weaknesses to grass and water which are very common in any tier. The weakness to fighting makes Golem seem like it isn't going to do much. Sturdy however means I can always set up Stealth Rocks at least. Earthquake for powerful stab which leaves me doing about 50% damage on Steelix. Rock Blast was on the Smogon set however I do like using it more than Stone Edge as I get many leads such as Accelgor and Butterfree who Giga Drain/ HP me taking me down to sturdy and then Rock Blast triggers the focus sash on them normally on the first hit so they don't survive with the sash. Sucker Punch is useful for when I am on sturdy and can priority things that think they have taken me out.

The (Extremely Irritating) God

Shuckle (F) @ Leftovers​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef 0 Spd IV
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)​
- Toxic​
- Power Split​
- Rest​
- Gyro Ball

Sometimes I annoy myself when I use this thing. It's just so good. I have never found a wall that takes attacks as well as shuckle. I use it on most RU teams I make. 252 def EV's and bold nature give me over 600 def so I can take any physical hit even from +4 absol and scyther. It is a major stalling set but that is why it's so annoying. Straight away go for the power split. I have thought of running 0 IV's in attack but seeing as his attack is only 50 anyways it would only make about 20 points difference so I have left it. Toxic wears opponents down. Rest for health regain and getting rid of status moves where people try to wear me down.. Once Power split is off many pokes only hit me for about 20 damage so it takes a lot of hits before needing to rest. Even going 5 turns isn't a problem. Gyro Ball because it needs something offensive to take out Taunt users. Aerodactyl gets hit hard even without a power split. Taunt however cripples this set which is a problem however it still just eats attacks.

The Bulky Destroyer

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Mummy​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk​
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)​
- Calm Mind​
- Psychic​
- Shadow Ball​
- Rest

This set has gone from being Nasty Plot to sub and many others but I finally settled on this one. Calm Mind puts both defenses up around 350 so it becomes bulky. Then with over 400 Spatk this thing can hit hard. Psychic and Shadow ball hit most things I come across hard. Especially with the chance of Spdef drops. Rest for when I am getting low on health so I can carry on sweeping without switching out or foddering. Problems with the set are that it doesn't do nearly as well without Calm Mind. I know that might seem a stupid statement but it's special defense is very susceptible to taking lots of damage which isn't good.

The (Slightly Less Irritating) King

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Regenerator​
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SDef​
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)​
- Slack Off​
- Scald​
- Thunder Wave​
- Psyshock

I tried out many special walls and tanks but this slowking works great. Slack off for regaining health. Scald and Psyshock for good stab coverage. Then T-Wave helps out many slower members of the team such as Cofagrigus and Golem. Regenerator healing a third of it's health every time I switch out comes in handy more than I thought it would as it makes it take many more hits. Not a lot to say about this set. It is weak to things like X-scissor and other super effective moves against it however most of these moves are walled by Shuckle.

The Spinning Killer

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Limber​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Hi Jump Kick​
- Double-Edge​
- Rapid Spin​
- Blaze Kick​

It has had some playing with it but it is beastly. Choice Scarf puts my speed over 400 which makes it a great revenge killer. Rapid Spin because hazards are used like crazy in RU. I am fine with leaving rocks as nothing gets hit like crazy with them but when they rack up they are dangerous. HJK sweeps through teams like crazy. Double Edge and Reckless hit just as hard. Blaze Kick was put in because I wanted something to hurt bulky grass types like eviolite tangrowth and ferroseed. Also fire type moves are very handy to have.

The Avenger

Magneton @ Choice Scarf​
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
- Volt Switch​
- Thunderbolt​
- Flash Cannon​
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This is probably one of my favourite sweepers I have used. Revenge Kills/ gets hefty damage with Volt Switch. If I want to stay in and hit even harder than the Stab combo of T-Bolt and Flash Cannon Wrecks most things it comes across. HP fighting is used as steels otherwise wall this. It's a hard hitting pretty much no nonsense set.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. All alterations and edits are also very welcome.

The Forum Rules say to bump if you get no response so seeing as this team has undergone some change here we go.

Shuckle has the same strategy just goes about it in an even more annoying way:

Shuckle (F) @ Binding Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spatk / 0 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Power Split
- Rest
- Sand Tomb

rwrjwrjwngwege. If Shuckle annoyed you previously, meet the all new, improved and extra specially annoying Shuckle. The strategy remains similar. First Power split on whatever you go in on. Then Toxic to start the removal process. Before if you were a steel type or had a Heal Bell user on your team this Shuckle wasn't effective until they had gone. Well that isn't the same anymore. The new item Binding Band increases Sand Tombs damage from 1/16th a turn 10 1/8th a turn. Put that to toxic damage and we say bye bye rather fast. Sand Tomb will just hold them in for 4-5 turns. So four turns without Leftovers takes you down to half of your health. Put toxic on there as well you go down to a quarter of your health. Even with lefties you are getting slowly taken down by this thing. Whatever switches in on this thing is slowly going to be taken out. Unless you are a Haunter. In which case you suck.

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

By more Def investment we are looking at more bulk. Setting up 2 Calm Minds puts me at a safe 400+ on Def (due to the EV's) Spatk and Spdef. Bulky. Then Hidden Power Fighting is purely for type coverage. Steels walled this before hand. Rest gains health but it doesn't use rest as well as Shuckle. If I get 5 turns of rest I am almost always getting KO'd. Sleep Talk would combat this, but if anything is sacrifices off this set to make room for it, it wouldn't work as well as it does.

FAREWELL SLOWKING

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stockpile
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Recover

Oh hello there Cradily, you freaky looking thing. Ermm, you do this job better than Slowking. Plus you are annoying. I dig annoying. So basically this set was used as Slowking was there to eat up water type moves. I had trouble with Ddance Crawdant though. Massive trouble. GG trouble. So switching in on a waterfall on a set up Crawdaunt with slowking did a bit of damage. Crunch waves bye bye. Cradily however, switch in on waterfall or any water type move and my Spatk goes +1. Then this set is just a HP gaining staller set that has been so effective even though I have only used it about 10 times. Stockpile sets up. Once I get to +3 I have both defences over 700. Bring it on. Giga Drain for damage with +1 Spatk and the additional HP gain. Lefties for HP gain, Recover just for mass HP recovery. Hidden Power Rock is for bird types and fire types switching in thinking they can better me. Not really. This thing is incredible.

So that is the bump and the new changes to my team. Please comment and tell me if you hate them or love them or whatever your opinion might be. All are welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)